Team-BHP - Bullet Tyre specifications
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Bullet Tyre specifications (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/39365-bullet-tyre-specifications.html)

Hi All,

Am planning a bullet ride to ladakh this june along with 4 more bikes. ladakh region being gravel and dusty surface and taking into consideration highway as well rutted roads, am wondering what kind of tyre and make would be ideally suited.

I request members here to enlighten me. Some body told me soft rubber tyres from CEAT would be ideal.

Warm regards,
Dwarak

Check out the 3.50*18 from MRF, its the most standard and rugged for any bullet. NEVER try a 3.25'er , too skinny. And remember, not many make the bullet tyre anymore. So feel free to grab hold of at least 2-3 when you find them in stock. Price - 2000~ for "front, rear and 2 tubes". (approx 900 + 1100 for both sets).

Long time ago i have heard of Dunlop making a 4" specially for Brit Enfields. Expensive - around 3-5 K, but if you manage to get one, you are lucky.

The stock sized MRF tires works just fine.

Keep a spare tube either a MRF or CEAT.
Also keep an air pump and learn how to replace a tube.

Quote:

Check out the 3.50*18 from MRF
Doesnt Bullet have 19 inch tyres ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat (Post 823303)
Doesnt Bullet have 19 inch tyres ?

Stock is 19.

Check this. Does great job with bad roads.

1970 Psyched Bullet 350 - Sankar's Photo Gallery - Team-BHP

Check out the 3.50*18 from MRF, its the most standard and rugged for any bullet. NEVER try a 3.25'er , too skinny. And remember, not many make the bullet tyre anymore.

Thanks !

I have the factory stock , 3.25 19 " at front and 3.50 19 " rear.

I find it little difficult to balance on gravel surface. Even a small stone make the bike shaky.

How do you feel the Dunlup / Ceat make of standard stock presently fitted on my bike. I was told , that soft rubber grips the terrain and stability to bike in ladakh kind of terrain.

Your opinion please.

As regards, the tubes and punctures , we are equipped with the complete kit.

Warm regards,
Dwarak

Go for the latest Meteor Tyres by MRF, amazing tires for your needs...its 110/90 X 19. I bougt mine for around 1800 rs...

check this: BikesZone - Motorcycles, racing, touring, reviews, cycling, India, Bangalore - MRF Meteor tyre (110/90 x 19) - Updated

Also, see my thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...90-bullet.html

Go for 3.85 19 they are the best one i am going to leh on this 4 june and i have to get the tyre changed my friend have already done it with the 3.50 they are good or you can also look at MRF Meteor it is 110/90 a very good tyre but the problem is if you have a flat tyre you would not be able to move the bike as it would touch the swing arm so... i am sure this would help...

If you're willing to convert to 18" then go for MRF Moto C 4.25x18 the tyre you see in my album. I suggested this tyre to a friend who went for the Raid and his feedback was positive.

My MotoC has worn out so now i'm using a Moto D 4.25x18 at the rear.

And if you're thinking that an 18" would lower your bike then it's not the case with 4.25x18 Moto C because the overall dia of the wheel is as same as the 19" 3.5 tyre.

And for the front may i suggest you the Ceat Secura Sport. It's very good on bad/non existent roads.

A friend of mine who rides a Bullet wants to reduce the height of the rim and the tyres... any suggestions??

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Warrior (Post 942800)
A friend of mine who rides a Bullet wants to reduce the height of the rim and the tyres... any suggestions??

ask the friend of yours to reduce weight from other places... like if he is heavy ask him to go to GYM (that was on a lighter note). ask him to get rid of various other parts of the bike. like the fron headlight that holds a lot of weight and then the legguards and stuff.

"ask the friend of yours to reduce weight from other places... like if he is heavy ask him to go to GYM (that was on a lighter note). ask him to get rid of various other parts of the bike. like the fron headlight that holds a lot of weight.

Dude I think he was refering to the height of the Rims and the tires and not the weight :D

Warrior i have a friend who has fitted the Avenger tyre on his bullet electra and the diameter of the tire has come down,Some modifications need to be made to the swingarm he had to get the entire thing replaced

IMO though i dont like it it feels a bit weird (as in the handling) while riding his bike.

@madbull ram: Can you please tell me the tyre pressure you are maintaing on the MRF Meteor rear tyre? please:

I have got the same tyre on my bullet and i'm now maintaining it at somewhere around 38 psi as suggested by my mechanic. Earlier, i kept it at 35 psi and it used to handle better at those pressures, but I am not sure.

I usually ride alone so would appreciate if you could tell me the pressure rates for both single and double riding scenarios.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh

Sankar,
What is the difference between Moto C & D?
Can the same spokes be retained if one is going for an 18" rim?

susan3004,you can view these two web pages to know more about Moto C & D

MRF Exports | Tyres | Two / Three - Wheeler - Nylogrip Moto - C
MRF Exports | Tyres | Two / Three - Wheeler - Nylogrip Moto - D

Eventhough the Moto C looks a bit dull compared to the aggressive thread pattern of the Moto D the former is a better tyre. It provides good on road and off road traction and is good in the wet. I had suggested the Moto C to a friend who participated in the Raid extreme on his Bullet and he has a good opinion regarding the tyre.

The 18" rim takes 36 spokes, 19" Bullet rim takes 40 spokes so it's not a direct swap. Hub needs to be shaved off the existing holes and 36 new holes are drilled, this is how it is done. Or some mechs would weld shut the 40 holes and drill 36 new holes, but i prefer the other method.