Team-BHP - Mahindra Eyeing Kinetic Motors (Edit: Now Confirmed. Mahindra owns KM)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Mahindra Eyeing Kinetic Motors (Edit: Now Confirmed. Mahindra owns KM) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/39679-mahindra-eyeing-kinetic-motors-edit-now-confirmed-mahindra-owns-km.html)

Seems like the car manufacturers have taken a fancy for 2 wheelers now. After the speculation about Tatas buying MV Augusta, here's a report about Mahindras in talks to buy Kinetic Motors.

Well, there's no harm in them getting into 2 wheelers but all I hope is they try and produce premium, larger capacity bikes and not just concentrate on the commuter segment.

Link: Mahindra & Mahindra in talks to buy Kinetic Motors- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

This looks like a longterm gameplan for Mahindra. Kinetic has some stakes in Aprillia(??) and also has tie ups with many companies like SYM and Italjet (it has bought over this). If Bajaj can enter car market why can't Mahindra do it? They already have presence in 2 wheeler market.

It appears that Mahindra has a well laid out plan for its foray. It also plans to buy MV Augusta.

Are we about to see yet another Tata Vs Mahindra showdown in Europe? Only this time it could be for two wheels :)

source: M&M revs up for Italian ride- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

BTW, wasn't Kine supposed to be the supplier for Nano-transmission?

Updates.
Mahindra & Mahindra forms JV with Kinetic Motors- Two-wheelers-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjothi (Post 921546)

Indeed a historic moment. I hope Mahindra's luck shines and they taste success in the 2 wheeler market. More choice to the customer!

I hope they make some good 250CC bikes now :P

Perhaps they are in a better position to make some good high end bikes among all the Indian bike manufacturers with their previous aquisition of Engines Engineering of Italy. Let's hope they do it.

yeah, i sure hope that they launch some good 250-400cc bikes. inside sources say that cagiva is one of the brands that m&m may possibly bring to india! cheers to that!

If this deal works out, then Mahindra will own a company that will supply part, mostly the transmission to TATA.

I just hope they dont decide to make diesel two wheelers. LOL.

DEAL struck at Rs.110 crores, now bikes will be known as Mahinetic LOLS

Finally after a long time they have made it. Mahindra Kinetic (the new company) holding 80% stake my M&M and the remaining 20% by the Kinetic Motors.
So Kinetic can pay off their debts clap:

So, its Mahindra that will be manufacturing the Tata Nano transmissions.
BTW, what did the deal cost?
I think that Mahindra should concentrate on car business and not enter this market.

No, I dont think Kinetic is selling its oem business, its only the two wheeler business that is being discussed. I dont think transmission for neno will be manufactured by the two wheeler division of Kinetic.