Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2008, 10:58   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohang_j View Post
Those words don't mean anything to ROYAL ENFIELD.Now their after sales service is worse than ever.If you are buying Bullet be prepared to know/learn as much as possible about the bike and be ready for small/major hickups.
BUT YOU WILL ENJOY EVERY KM OF RIDING ON BULLET.
I've been owning a Bajaj PULSAR 180 DTSI & there service is pathetic aswell. Imagine the quality of service if 4 bench service center takes 75 to 125 bikes for service each day

Ironically when I went to HSR service center there were few bikes for service & the mechnics were patienlty explaining the issues & what they have done to fix it on RE bikes.
Old 1st July 2008, 11:52   #62
BHPian

Sridhar,
Treat the new UCE enfield as a tottaly new bike from RE. It is not a Bullet, even TB is not. Bullet is the name of the classic model. And Bullet Machismo is the bike with classic Bullet body plus AVL engine. Now compare the bike with any market leader bikes like Pulsar220, Karizma and the new R15, but not with Bullets. Test ride all these and decide. If you like a sporty riding position, great handling and modern sport bike kind of stability/looks/feel, I would recommend R15. Or if you want a cruiser type bike with long chassis, low end torque, straight position etc, go for new RE. Bullet, itself actually has no alternatives as it is a classic with long strok CI engine having a great thump. There are no other bikes in the world manufactured now in that kind. So, if you are a hardcore Bullet fan, nothing is there to confuse and you can straight away go for a std 350/electra. But new gen bikes from RE are different and it is wise to choose after test riding from all bikes.
Old 1st July 2008, 13:01   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
Sridhar,
Treat the new UCE enfield as a tottaly new bike from RE. It is not a Bullet, even TB is not. Bullet is the name of the classic model. And Bullet Machismo is the bike with classic Bullet body plus AVL engine. Now compare the bike with any market leader bikes like Pulsar220, Karizma and the new R15, but not with Bullets. Test ride all these and decide. If you like a sporty riding position, great handling and modern sport bike kind of stability/looks/feel, I would recommend R15. Or if you want a cruiser type bike with long chassis, low end torque, straight position etc, go for new RE. Bullet, itself actually has no alternatives as it is a classic with long strok CI engine having a great thump. There are no other bikes in the world manufactured now in that kind. So, if you are a hardcore Bullet fan, nothing is there to confuse and you can straight away go for a std 350/electra. But new gen bikes from RE are different and it is wise to choose after test riding from all bikes.
Thanks Redfire.

Yes , I like the New RE TBTS, I am only waiting for test ride reports & owner reviews.

Its 1lac plus bike. Have convinced my folks at home for changing my bike. Need to make a wise decision as I would not be able to afford or change the bike for a long time (atleast another 5-8 years) thus playing my cards safe cheers:.
Old 1st July 2008, 14:13   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar_blr80 View Post
I've been owning a Bajaj PULSAR 180 DTSI & there service is pathetic aswell. Imagine the quality of service if 4 bench service center takes 75 to 125 bikes for service each day
Sorry.

Sridhar,

Have you tried Auto Service in Banashankari? They are the only Workshop rated as a Model Workshop by Bajaj in India.

PM me if you need details. The owner happens to be good friend.

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 1st July 2008, 14:25   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Sorry.

Sridhar,

Have you tried Auto Service in Banashankari? They are the only Workshop rated as a Model Workshop by Bajaj in India.

PM me if you need details. The owner happens to be good friend.

Cheers,

Rajan
Dear Rajan,

No Offense meant.

Above comments are from my experience. The service center I am referring to is Khiviraj Motors in Museum road.

~ Sridhar
Old 1st July 2008, 15:29   #66
BHPian

As Rajan (Patchyboy) said go to AutoService at Banashankari for Bajaj service. He is a good friend of mine too and value what service is.

OT: @Rajan - glad to meet another friend of Venkat. If you see him just mention Jay from Trivandrum
Old 1st July 2008, 20:05   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
It will increase straight line stability but handling would become cumbersome. But who cares about handling on cruisers Too long swingarms would induce flex which will throw whatever handling is left right out of the window.

Ideally for a true blue cruiser the Thunderbird should become a little longer (increase front rake instead of swingarm length) and a little lower. As of now the Thunderbird frame/chassis is not meant for cruisers. Enfield chasis design is far from a cruiser's.

After market swingarms are available to increase the wheelbase and they also allow the usage of wide tyres.
Correct. I have seen a TB in coimby some time back & it was beautiful with its increased WB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankar View Post
Manoj, do you ride motorcycles?
I used to but not an Enfield. I had a Road king, RD350, RX100 & the last one was a shogun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post

Now if you ask RE to come up with a changed dimensions of TBird, its gonna cost RE a hell lot, becuase they would have to come up with a new assembly line.
unfortunately true.
Old 1st July 2008, 22:24   #68
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansidea View Post
I used to but not an Enfield. I had a Road king, RD350, RX100 & the last one was a shogun.
Cool! All are in the list of favourite motorcycles. I have had RD350 with me for quite some time it belonged to friend. I had the RX but not the 100, but my 135 was good enough. And Shogun was THE dream motorcycle when i was in 10th and in my pre-degree days but i had to settle for a Hero Puch Roadking i have ridden but not much to get the proper hang of it. Now i have this plan in the back of my head to buy a Roadking real cheap if available and keep it nice & stock.

Since you were into performance motorcycling you wouldn't like an Enfield Bullet. But you're welcome to try my 350 and you might like it
Old 2nd July 2008, 19:15   #69
BHPian

Thank God I bought the CI engine in time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
info is from sources within the factory itself. 500lb is marginally faster than the 350tbts but its a gas guzzling monster. the 500lb avarages just 18-20kmpl whereas the tbts gives around 45kmpl.

what enfield has realized is that the ci engine cannot meet the 2009 emission norms and the lb engine cannot meet the proposed 2011 norms. so things have to change and evolve. silencers have become long and the thump is now gone because of noise pollution control norms. the evolution of the enfield is dictated by these things too.

say by 2010, the "good old" enfield engine will be gone and will be replaced by the newer 'uce' design. the lb engine will trickle onto the standard, the uce engine will trickle onto the electra and fi engines will become standard on the tb and the 500 uce fi will be available on the flagship model.
Old 5th July 2008, 23:43   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhogalrajnish View Post
Thank God I bought the CI engine in time...
well i guess that you did. well like most things in this world...things must evolve and evolution is inevitable and unavoidable.

the cast iron engine has to go. it will be like the end of the 2-stroke era. even today the classics like the rx100, the shogun, the rd350, the roadking are fondly remembered and they will be for a long long time. and so will the CI enfield bullet engine. the CI engine will soon become a collectors item.

back to the subject, i hear that the new tb is doing pretty well in terms of performance and sales.
Old 11th July 2008, 06:06   #71

True guys this bike not a Bullet... Its so sad that Comp has come out with such a sad bike after all these years! How can someone can call it a Royal enfield Product....Uh?
Old 14th July 2008, 09:29   #72
BHPian

well, looks like bajaj are going to be at it again! twinspark patent infringment allegedly by royal enfield this time! (rajiv bajaj, please take a break and chill man!!) for heavens sake, twin spark technology has been around since world war II. amazing what corporate greed can do combined with outdated indian patent laws.
Old 14th July 2008, 11:36   #73
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Even better was Enfield's reply. They say that Bajaj's technology patent is applicable to engines between 75 - 250 cc capacity. The Bullet twin-spark is, of course, a larger unit
Old 23rd July 2008, 22:26   #74
Senior - BHPian

Alfa Romeo Twin Spark engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Will bajaj file a case against Alfa Romeo? ;-)

Or Alfa Romeo should do?

Last edited by agbenny : 23rd July 2008 at 22:30.
Old 23rd July 2008, 23:07   #75
Senior - BHPian

Honda should be filing case against all then!

Most Viewed