Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2008, 21:35   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIKeINSTEIN View Post
n00b question- won't a used Unicorn in good condition fit into 25K??
i actually asked about the unicorn too, its another bike which i'd buy if i could get my hands on it for 25K. thing is i spoke to my garage guy, but since the unicorn is much newer, it might be hard to find a well maintained one inside the 25 K bracket.
Old 11th October 2008, 23:08   #17
BHPian

i dont think a 01 fiero is a good bike to buy for 25k range. one of my college friend bought a fiero for 15k.that is the price range for the fiero.if you really want to get one ask for this price range.unicorn should be around 25 to 30k. i am talking about the older one without self start.
Old 12th October 2008, 18:33   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Welcome. I had few scary moments during hard braking few times as the rear tends to swerve with the original tires. But once I shifted to bigger tires the handling become much better and no swerving incase of hard braking( though I wouldn't advise anyone to try that ;-) ). And that's what I call "Ek goli mein do shikar"[ killing two birds with one stone ], puncture problem and handling problem, both became history after that.
Regards,
Kaushik
Finally, got around to get my 2001 Fiero serviced.

Since the bike is now 7.5 years old, I got the following done:

Front and rear tyre chnged:
Front: 2.75 x 18 (same as original size, just changed to Ceat)
Rear: 100/90 x 18 (original was 3.00 x18, the new make is Ceat)
Rear suspention: entirely replaced
Front Suspension: Oil replaced, seals replaced (wanted to replace springs but were not available)
Spark plug replaced
Accelrator and clutch cable replaced
Engine flushed

Bike is running very very smoothly now and pick-up has improved to original level.

Ride has become much more comfortable and I am now not as edgy to take the potholes as I was for last 2 or 3 years.

With largeer tyre (with supposedly better trade pattern), handling has improved just a little bit - skidding problem has reduced considerably (but bike still skids on occassions - wet roads, gravel etc but there is benefit of doubt as many bikes may skid under these circumstances...)

Total cos of service: Rs. 2800
Total cost of tyres: Rs. 2100

Note: In order to eliminate skidding completely, I guess, the workmanship must be top class - they should align and/or balance the wheels and suspensions carefully (my guess) and the local TVS dealer (and his workshop guys) as completely disinterested in the business

Last edited by anandpadhye : 12th October 2008 at 18:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks