Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2008, 20:01   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsarmaniac View Post

what tyres are those man?both the front and the rear ones seem to have quite a good grip! what size are they. please remove that leather/plastic scoop off your front mudguard. if u really want one get the smaller one which came with the rx mudguards... will luk better i ges...just an opinion though
@pulsarmaniac: The front tyre is a MRF NYLO GRIP ST PLUS with size 2.75-18 and the rear is a DUNLOP JAP 370 with size 3.25-18. Lovely W/D tyres.
Old 24th October 2008, 20:36   #152
BHPian

What about a disc man. A cafe racer needs all the go fast bits too.
A disc is mandatory.
Old 25th October 2008, 23:56   #153
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Desideep - I guess the rear-sets if ordered from Bangalore would turn up to be very expensive. We're tying to fabricate one on our own.

Fieroid : Yes, discs are necessary but right now not needed. We've overshot our budget by a long way and its not possible to fit in a disc now.

Anyways a major update now. The seat / cowl is ready and should be mounted on the bike tomorrow morning. Till then here are the pics in b/w. The long seat is the Enfield Cafe Racer one and the short one is for the Yamaha. The seat / cowl color is a surprise and color pics will be posted only when the bike is ready. So till then enjoy the teaser pics :

The bike is still with the Yamaha service station and they have promised to complete it by tomorrow 11 AM. So the bike will be put into the Qualis and brought to the garage to assemble.

The Seat :
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-seat1.jpgMy Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-seat2.jpg

The bike being taken to the Yamaha ASC
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-bikeincar.jpg

The bike at the Yamaha ASC
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-yamahaasc.jpg
Old 27th October 2008, 21:21   #154
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

A pic of the semi-assembled bike. Its seems everyone has messed up the fittings in some way or the other. I guess its our fault too in one way. We have given the bike to 3 different mechanics for different jobs. The engine / suspension fitting was given to one guy, the electricals to the Yamaha ASC and thew final assembly to this guy (who's much much better than the 2).

The seat and cowl has been mounted too but since it became dark, didnt click much pics. The gear linkages have been finalised and its only the brake pedal thats pending. The silencer is a temporary one. Am buying the Proton silencer from team-bhpian straight6.
Attached Thumbnails
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-rx1.jpg  

My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-rx2.jpg  

Old 28th October 2008, 22:14   #155
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi guys,

Some more updates. Surprising to see that there have been no responses on the previous pictures.

Promise to start a new thread with much better pics once the bike is complete. The pending stuff now is the brake pedal and lever, new clutch plates and electrical work and rear indicators.

Getting the stopper fixed so that the clip-ons do not touch the tank on full-turn. This has reduced the turning radius of the bike thereby making it very impractical in b-t-b traffic.
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-rx1.jpg

Gordon fitting the single seat onto the bike.
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-rx2.jpg

The logos mounted on the tank and the clip-ons along with the original RX speedo.
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-rx3.jpg

The side panels with the RX100 logos. Please tell me that there is a way to install the battery cover w/out having the battery being seen. It looks as if the panel has not been fitted properly or is broken.
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-rx4.jpg

The riding position.
Name:  RX5.jpg
Views: 13144
Size:  61.5 KB
Old 28th October 2008, 22:32   #156
BHPian

are you painting the bike to some other colour or is it going to be white only? though white looks quite classy.did you increase the length of the tank too? the speedometer looks a bit out of place due to the large sized headlamp.but nevertheless anything else would have wasted the rx feel of the bike. waiting for the final product.get it done quickly man! cant wait for the end results
Old 28th October 2008, 22:43   #157
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The bike has been painted in Honda Civic white. The tank has been elongated by 5 inches. Agreed that the speedo looks a bit out of place, but it is to retain the originality of the RX100. Thats why the RX100 logos too have been retained.
Old 29th October 2008, 21:00   #158
Senior - BHPian

wow! 5 inches. so the rider is pushed back by 5 inches. Are you moving the pegs back too? otherwise the ergonomics are gonna be weird.

white looks good. headlight looks good. meters sare sticking out like a sore thumb. See if you can get the RD meters-2 round ones.
Old 29th October 2008, 22:08   #159
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, the footpegs have been pushed back a few cms behind the pillion footrest. So this is not gonna be a "convertible to a 2-seater" like theMachismo. The gear linkages have also been done but the shift is quite hard. Need to work it out properly now. The brakes are not yet done. The electrical work has been completed except for the rear tail light which should be sorted out soon.

Agree that the meters look a bit wierd but we had no other choice. The RD meters were considered but they are quite tall and would look more wierd. We were considering the Yezdi meters but the cables were a problem. So we finally decided to go for the original RX meters. Retains the originality of the bike and no problems too.

There are a few other practical tocuhes given to the bike too which would look out of place on a Cafe Racer. The bike has a main stand bracket from the Bullet to assist in putting the bike on main stand. That too looks very much out of place but is needed since there is no place to hold while putting the bike on main stand. And theres no side stand on the bike :(
Old 31st October 2008, 01:26   #160
BHPian

isn't your bike ready yet?we are desperately waiting to see your bike man! looks like the work is going on real slow.do provide updates of what is happening.
Old 31st October 2008, 02:28   #161
Senior - BHPian

We finally managed to take the bike for a short ride and identified a couple of problems. The turning radius has drastically reduced and its difficult to take tight U-turns. The angle of the gear linkages need to be sorted out. Once it hits neutral, its difficult to change gears. We had to change gears using our hands a couple of times.

The bike is 99% ready now. The only things left are :
- Insurance and Passing
- PUC
- Rear Brakes
- Rear tail lights

Gimme some time and we'll be back with a good photo shoot of both the Cafe Racers.
Old 31st October 2008, 13:14   #162
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi guys, I would be taking the bike to the Andheri RTO tomorrow to get the passing done. Will the modifications / paint change affect the passing of the bike? Does the registration number need to be changed or can I retain the original "BLM" registration?
Old 31st October 2008, 17:38   #163
Senior - BHPian

I see a lot of guys doing more radical mods w/o any RTO endorsement or anything. Why is this necessary?
Old 31st October 2008, 18:01   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I see a lot of guys doing more radical mods w/o any RTO endorsement or anything. Why is this necessary?
You mean the RTO paper work - I guess its cause One registration number was give to One person who got it for a particular bike/car, which has standard measurements and an exclusive engine no: Chassis no: etc. right? So obviously if any of the above is changed starting from ownership (which is what we usually go to the RTO for) to engine changes and so forth, the RTO needs to endorse the same so that the Bike/Car has a valid registration with the changes added.
But, IMO that nobody does so for mods cause maybe we are overriding RTO specification. I don't know I'm asking too

@V12 - I think you can hold on to your BLM registration if all your RC book specs are still the same. that is engine no: etc.

Last edited by johnda : 31st October 2008 at 18:04.
Old 1st November 2008, 17:02   #165
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok went to the RTO and the passing will be done on Monday. I was told that the number plate would have to be mounted on the bike since it is mandatory. Since my plates have not yet arrived, I used a cardboard at both ends. The experience at the RTO was a very harrowing one. Reached the RTO office at 11:15 AM and caught hold of a local agent from whom we get all our work done. I submitted all the documents including the RC book. That was the first time I was looking at the RX's RC book. And I realised one very important thing : The original owner was using a wrong number plate on the bike. One of the digits was interchanged by mistake . So we overturned the cardboard and wrote the correct number onto it. After submitting and signing all the necessary documents, we went inside and waited for the officer to inspect the bike. On a normal day with contacts with the officers the work could have been done in an hour flat. But this week there were some new officers who were posted who were actually checking all the details of the cars, ricks, bikes. Right from the papers to the chasis / engine number imprints. However when it was my turn, the officer pointed out that the bike needs to have the registration plates "mounted / bolted" onto the bike without which the passing wouldnt be done -- . So I had to go back to the garage and look for the old number plates. Found them and corrected the number using black paint and returned to the RTO only to realise its lunch time.

All this went on till around 2:30 PM without my bike being inspected. Finally at 2:30 PM, the officer comes and checks the bike and points out at the seat "Kya modifications kiya hai bike pe". I mentioned that it was only the seat which was changed and could be changed back to a double seat. Then he goes on with the rules that all such modifications need to be approved first. After speaking to another officer (who seemed to be impressed with the bike), we finally got the documents stamped by 3:30 PM. Took the "pauti" from the agent and returned home.

And the good news is that the original number has been retained!!!

Here's one pic of the Enfield and the Yamaha. Sorry cant post more pics till the bike is ready. Dont wanna lose the charm of the modification
Attached Thumbnails
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-cr4.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd November 2008 at 11:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks