Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2008, 13:10   #181
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi straight6, I got the original size, but these are HH wheels. Cost me around 800 for both excluding the spokes.
Old 7th November 2008, 15:36   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Hi straight6, I got the original size, but these are HH wheels. Cost me around 800 for both excluding the spokes.
what are these HH wheels, does it fit diretly or do we need to do balancing and all for these wheels
Old 7th November 2008, 16:06   #183
Senior - BHPian

HH = Hero Honda Wheels
Btw which HH wheel? CBZ wheels are a good upgrade for the RX
Old 7th November 2008, 16:08   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Btw which HH wheel? CBZ wheels are a good upgrade for the RX
Can i put CBZ/HH wheels for my rx then, what should be the spokes,i normally prefer bullet spokes, will it be a good fit on these wheels.
Old 7th November 2008, 23:32   #185
Senior - BHPian

Took the YCR to Bandra today and had a terrible experience with the gears jamming up in neutral every now and then. Plus since the gears were soo hard while shifting, the calf and hip muscles pain a lot.

Once I reached back home, I thought that I hadddd to get this sorted out. Didn't want this crappy shifting problems again. When I had a look at the linkages, two ideas were in my head. It was either the leverage problem OR it had to be something inside the clutch. I changed the original RX cam shifter to a longer cam shifter. Went for a test ride and was completely blown away. All my shifting problems were ended. The gears shifted very smoothly, never got stuck ANDDD the movement was more compared to the hard short shifting.

Happy to resolve the shifting issue. Now will look forward to the brake linkages tomorrow.
Old 8th November 2008, 07:21   #186
Senior - BHPian

My mechanic also suggested the HH rims.
Old 8th November 2008, 13:24   #187
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The only problem with the HH wheels is that they have Hero Honda inscribed on them.
Old 8th November 2008, 19:00   #188
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey straight6. Thanks for the Proton. Just saw it. Gordon has gone to get it fixed. Will let you know hows the performance later.
Old 8th November 2008, 20:20   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Hey straight6. Thanks for the Proton. Just saw it. Gordon has gone to get it fixed. Will let you know hows the performance later.
Hey, I happened to meet Gordon. What a co-incidence! I saw someone riding a Bullet and bending forward too. I thought, it couldnt be Gordon could it? I waited till I could see the rear cowl and then I knew it was him.
Old 9th November 2008, 02:08   #190
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, Gordon told me about the meet. He needed the silencers since we were doing the photoshoot today.

Anyways, 5 bikes left for the photoshoot ride to town at 09:30 PM. 3 Cafe Racers (RX, Machismo and Electra), an RD350 and a Pulsar. But only 4 returned.

Heres the story : The ride was jinxed right from the beginning. The moment we left within 5 mins, there was a lot of noise coming from the chain and we thought that the problem could be the open chain cover. So we got rid of the chain cover, but the noise continued. Then we realised it wasnt the chain cover...but the chain which was making noise due to a lot of slack. And eventually, the chain came off. We managed to fix it temporarily, but after riding a few metres it came off again. We called in some mechanic and got the chain shortened. But this was just a temporary solution.

On the way to Bandra, the chain came out twice and we managed to fix it. We rode upto Carten Road where we exchanged bikes (me on the RD) and the inevitable happened. The chain was off the sprocket and the clutch wasnt responding. Somehow the chain was jammed at the front sprocket.

We tried towing the bike back home with the other bikes giving it a push from behind. It was quite a scene on the road where 2 Enfields were pushing a Yamaha from either sides. We managed to push the bike till Santacruz and left it at a friends place. The bike would be picked up tomorrow and given to the mechanic to replace ONE MORE part.

Anyways the photoshoot did happen and here are a few pics of it.

The bikes lined uo at the side of the road and we were on the footpath sitting and thinking what to do next.
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-rx1.jpg

Thats Gordon with the brake linkage in his hand. Yes, this too didnt go well so it had to come off.
Name:  RX.jpg
Views: 5262
Size:  111.9 KB

P.S : The chain cover was left on a wall near ZAF and the brake linkage rod was left on one of those trees. Will be collecting them tomorrow
Old 9th November 2008, 05:00   #191
Senior - BHPian

I see that you didn't install the exhaust.
Old 9th November 2008, 10:43   #192
Senior - BHPian

The chain came off even after shortening it, isn't it? Please check is if the front and the rear sprockets are in line. Also check if the rear sprocket is warped. A bad chain also could cause this issue.
Old 9th November 2008, 11:46   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6
I see that you didn't install the exhaust.
Was very short on time. Was getting the brake linkages done, which failed miserably!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar
Please check is if the front and the rear sprockets are in line.
err...How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar
Also check if the rear sprocket is warped.
Means?!
Old 10th November 2008, 01:38   #194
BHPian

whos photoshoot ? BSM ? a photo shoot in the night ??

whats wrong with ur break linkages ?

check if ur front and rear sprockets are aligned properly i.e. they are in - line. if not then u need to correct them.

rear sproket warped could mean the teeth have bent.

the bike would look nice with a clean shiny chrome undented stock silencer as well.

put on the proton so we can see how it looks.

has the engine been ported ?

another option at expansions are the malaysian RXZ chambers that are being imported in bulk into the country espcially bangalore.

comes with a hydrofoamed header and nice belly section and aluminium stinger. works out to around 1000 odd rupees and works pretty well on stock RX135s .

great job. awaiting better quality pics of the RX ASAP !!

have you cafed the RD as well ?
Old 10th November 2008, 09:34   #195
Senior - BHPian

Replies are in line...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post

err...How?

You have to see if the front and the rear sprockets are in a straight line. You can use a thread or the chain itself to see if they are in a straight line. Bend down and bring your eye level to match the top of the rear sprocket, now look at the front sprocket the chain/thread whould be straight, if it's going either to inside or outside of the bike the sprockets are not in line.

Means?!

Just like some motorcycle wheels wobble when they are not true the sprockets also may warp making it look like an untrue wheel. This can be observed by looking at the sprocket from behind when the bike wheel is being turned at a moderate pace.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks