Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2009, 08:47   #256
Senior - BHPian

Its about Rs 700 including bend pipe, Rs 550 only for silencer.
Old 16th December 2009, 12:14   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Its about Rs 700 including bend pipe, Rs 550 only for silencer.
From where? I heard original ones are for around 2.5K.
Old 17th December 2009, 13:00   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
We're already looking to sell the Proton Silencer, but no buyer yet. Only then I can get the stock silencer. I have the older silencer, but its dented and the chrome isn't good.

We didn't remove the clamps of the clip-ons simply because it'd be a pain to open the top triple tree. Next month we'll be changing the footrest assembly, another mirror, stock indicators, remove the clip-on and shorter headlight clamps and get the stock headlight clamps.
I think we should let the smaller indicators be, less likely to break off like the stock ones do and looks neat !
Old 17th December 2009, 18:00   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Finally the bike is completely stock. Only the rear number plate is pending.

Attachment 245502

Attachment 245503
I really appreciate your hard work in getting the bike to stock.
I would have gone for the RX 100 tank which comes with double yellow thin lines.

It is now available since the later RX 135 came with similar to RX 100's. When I was looking for RX135 ( like the one I see on the pic) could only get the one which is like RX 100 types since I was told that the former is discontinued long back.

Got for the stock silencer, it would finish the complete restoration.

Number plates, if you have not done it yet, would suggest for the High Security Number plates.. those look neat.
Old 14th May 2010, 01:17   #260

Have you got the brakes and rearsets fitted yet?
Im building a similar project over here and look forward to your project progressing.
Old 19th May 2010, 23:12   #261
BHPian

Can anyone tell me the optimal pressure for 16" Moto D at the back and 18" tyre in the front for my RX135. People I asked gave conflicting answers from 26 to 32.

Thanks,
Old 8th June 2010, 11:29   #262
BHPian

Hi V12, Gordon, Sorry to hijack this thread. But can you guys suggest me a good mechanic in andheri w. I am located near infinity Mall. Just wanted to give the bike for regular servicing and change the front mudguard. I would want to install the steel one. Kind of bored with the black fiber mudguard. so please suggest.
Old 8th June 2010, 12:27   #263
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sohail. There are many mechanics on Versova Link Road. You can try Ashok at Service Center or Zubair who is just two shops away.

P.S. A chrome mudguard in this season? Stick to black fibre till the end of the rains.
Old 9th June 2010, 18:53   #264
Senior - BHPian

go for a crome one but only if you can find a original one. My RX's mudguard has serviced me for last 15 years and still intact and it has gone through way too many washings and rainny days in the college times and then3 years of a discarded state in the open garden at my uncles place
Old 10th June 2010, 10:43   #265
BHPian

Desideep: oops saw this message today, i already the black fiber one fixed with Gordy's help. Probably after rains will go back to the chrome one.
Old 2nd March 2016, 23:17   #266
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!

Its been 8 years since we bought this RX100 and converted it into a Cafe Racer. A lot happened over the years - started getting back aches (probably due to the uncomfortable seating), sold the RX, sold the Enfield Cafe, bought a used P220, used it for a year and a half, sold it, was without a bike, living my dreams with a Z800 now.

So what brings me back to this thread? Well, I am now in possession of a 1994 RX100 which was passed on to me by a close friend who relocated to the US. The bike is in good condition and as of now I am planning to keep it stock for sometime - fix up things that need to be fixed. Once all the mechanical / electrical things (if any) are sorted out - plan to start a new project. Its obviously not going to be a Cafe Racer because I am planning to use this as my primary mode of transport. So it definitely has to be a practical one - and yes a 2-seater as well.

Will keep this thread updated on the plans on the project. Hope the Kerala 2-wheeler modification ban does not hit Maharashtra.
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 23:30   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Its been 8 years since we bought this RX100 and converted it into a Cafe Racer. A lot happened over the years - started getting back aches (probably due to the uncomfortable seating), sold the RX, sold the Enfield Cafe, bought a used P220, used it for a year and a half, sold it, was without a bike, living my dreams with a Z800 now.

So what brings me back to this thread? Well, I am now in possession of a 1994 RX100 which was passed on to me by a close friend who relocated to the US. The bike is in good condition and as of now I am planning to keep it stock for sometime - fix up things that need to be fixed. Once all the mechanical / electrical things (if any) are sorted out - plan to start a new project. Its obviously not going to be a Cafe Racer because I am planning to use this as my primary mode of transport. So it definitely has to be a practical one - and yes a 2-seater as well.

Will keep this thread updated on the plans on the project. Hope the Kerala 2-wheeler modification ban does not hit Maharashtra.
There is always this thing with the ones those who have used a 2 stroke bike. They just tend to keep coming back and no matter whatever advanced bike they use, a 2 stroker is always in frame.

I know that feeling has hit me a few times now.

The RX is such an addictive bike I know. Also the joy of restoring a RX is fun in itself.

Those Kerala rules have somewhat been in force in Mumbai for some time now. I was stopped by the RTO on my Rx, for not having a saree guard, for not having the original colour mentioned in the rc, for not having the original silencer and for well.... for owning a rx.

This thread was a joy to read as I used to follow it a few years back.

I am sure this one will also be a delight. Keep us posted sir.

Oh and where are your Z800 pics !!
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 01:59   #268
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The RX100 s no match for any of the newer bikes available today. It feels very underpowered and basic. Being light and maneuverable is the best part of the bike though.

Fortunately I have never been caught by the cops on either of my cafe racers. At the time of passing/fitness though, the cops were serious about the stuff that was done and missing from the bike. Like the officer who was examining the bike was wondering where the brake and gear levers are - and was shocked when I showed him they were way behind.

Anyways here's my Z800 thread :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...hydroform.html
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 10:19   #269
Senior - BHPian

I have had my RX for 11 years now and superbikes come and go but the RX stays. I just can't get bored of it!
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 15:13   #270
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Straight six - very true. Is it the same RX that you had posted somewhere on this page? It's an RX135, right? What do you ride apart from the RX?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks