Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2008, 19:09   #31
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the pic and details straight6. I'll let you know in a day or 2 regarding the silencer and the filter. Anyways do you have a complete pic of the bike with the Proton.

Anyways here are some detailed pics of the bike :

The frame and the engine have been shabbily painted.
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-engine.jpg My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-frame.jpg

Missing Speedometer
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-speedo.jpg

Broken Side Panel (Both sides need to be replaced)
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-panel.jpg
Old 21st June 2008, 21:15   #32
Senior - BHPian

Here it is, full picture.
Attached Thumbnails
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-dsc00299.jpg  

Old 22nd June 2008, 13:24   #33
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Straight6 - Have sent you a PM for the Proton.
Old 23rd June 2008, 11:16   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Did see a couple of other RX100's before zeroing up on this one. Almost picked up a crappy old one for 8k before a friend advised me against it.

The bike is gonna be used as it is till all the parts are ready. Here are some pics of the bike. Please excuse the color
How much did this bike cost you??
It's a BLM- '88 end or '89 by any chance?
Please do check the engine- forgot which side- if it is marked 'made in Japan'.
How is the engine- stock condition or rebored/oversized/ported?

And hazarding a really lame guess- is that pic taken at some place in Mahim?
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I ended up buying a Proton for the 100 when I have a 135. I didn't know at the time of buying that both bikes have a different one. Now I'm trying to sell it.
Quote:
I got the exhaust for 1400, used it for only 2 months and its lying with me since then. I'll give it to you for 800. You will not find a pipe in better condition for that price. You are welcome to come and check it out first if you'd like to.

Even though its not meant for the bike it does increase performance. I was using it with a K&N filter so maybe because of the combination it was good. By the way, I don't mind giving you the filter for 500 as I'm not using it anymore. It costs 1750 if you buy it new and I have the pipe that was specifically fabricated which will help you to connect it to the carb which cost me 300. Attaching snap.
straight6 sir- how long back and where from did you pick up that pipe?
I never took a good look at the stageI RX-100 Proton pipes outside their translucent plastic packs but this looks a bit different from those i had seen maybe.
Maybe mail4ajo can comment on this since he mentioned he had the same type.

And you are right on the performance part- it's mainly due to the better breathability at both ends of the engine that you noticed an improvement as that is anyways less restrictive than a stock pipe- i.e. if the pipe and air filter were the only changes done.
But there is always a great risk in running mismatched pipes- so one is better off not using them.
Quote:
Here it is, full picture.
You ride is 4-speed 135 if i am not mistaken.
What's the month and year of manufacture if you don't mind?
And is it stock or prepped up?
Old 23rd June 2008, 14:26   #35
girishbhat

Where in Bangalore I can get the Proton silencer ? what will be the cost? Is it allowed or I have to pay the fine if the cops catches?

Old 23rd June 2008, 20:02   #36
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Okay. I'm quite confused now. Two mechanics at different locations told me opposite answers about the voltage. One said that the bike has 6V electricals and the other said its 12V.

How can one tell if its 6V or 12V?!

I anyways, want to change the complete wiring, and switchgears.
Old 23rd June 2008, 20:16   #37
Senior - BHPian

^^ Hook up a multimeter at the battery charging wires and see how much volts you are getting there when the bike is on a fast idle.
A 12volt system would give you around 12 volts to a max of 13 volts at fast idle.

Last edited by Sankar : 23rd June 2008 at 20:21.
Old 23rd June 2008, 20:18   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishbhat View Post
Where in Bangalore I can get the Proton silencer ? what will be the cost? Is it allowed or I have to pay the fine if the cops catches?
No aftermarket pipe is legal so yes, you may have to pay the fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIKeINSTEIN View Post
straight6 sir- how long back and where from did you pick up that pipe?
I never took a good look at the stageI RX-100 Proton pipes outside their translucent plastic packs but this looks a bit different from those i had seen maybe.
Maybe mail4ajo can comment on this since he mentioned he had the same type.

And you are right on the performance part- it's mainly due to the better breathability at both ends of the engine that you noticed an improvement as that is anyways less restrictive than a stock pipe- i.e. if the pipe and air filter were the only changes done.
But there is always a great risk in running mismatched pipes- so one is better off not using them.

You ride is 4-speed 135 if i am not mistaken.
What's the month and year of manufacture if you don't mind?
And is it stock or prepped up?
I got it from Ketan Auto in Borivali. I don't know the exact date as this bike actually belongs to a bawa friend who was letting the bike rot after he bought a car. I took it from him and restored it. Its a '98 though.

Quote:
Okay. I'm quite confused now. Two mechanics at different locations told me opposite answers about the voltage. One said that the bike has 6V electricals and the other said its 12V.

I think its 12V but the current is DC. If you convert it to AC, you can install a 100/90 bulb. The battery is a 2.5 Ah.
Old 23rd June 2008, 20:18   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

As far as I know RX's came with pathetic 6V electricals. Maybe the last series were 12V. My 98 RX135 is 12V
Old 23rd June 2008, 20:21   #40
Senior - BHPian

The last of the RX100s came with 12volt electricals. This i guess is from 1995. All pre 95 RXes had 6volt system. Yours will be too unless the previous owner converted it.
Old 23rd June 2008, 20:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

'95 was the last year of the 100 as well, right?
Old 23rd June 2008, 20:32   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
'95 was the last year of the 100 as well, right?

Yes 95 was the last year of RX100 series.
Old 23rd June 2008, 20:50   #43
Senior - BHPian

This one is a pre 1990 bike. Moreover one of the mechanics said that the battery is 12V, but the electrical system is 6V. That was weird!
Old 24th June 2008, 06:23   #44
BHPian

V12 sir- you didn't reply to any of my queries- sorry if it offends you. : )

BLM- pre-90 for sure- surely 6v electrical system unless the previous owner got it redone to 12v which really looks very dicey from the looks of it. : P

If i am not mistaken, RX100 came with 12v electricals in 94 itrself for sure- maybe the late 94 ones- anyone remember the black bikes with tricolour grafix- one colour scheme i distinctly remember is the one that had 3 fluoroscent colours on the frontal bulge of the tank- pink being one of them.

All RX after that were 12v.

(94 RX were kinda good- seemingly closer in engine response to the Pre 90 makes.
The 90-93 machine were relatively sedate.
The 86-87 Jap RX were the best though imho (esp BLA/BLB/BLC)- power and torque coming in higher and very free revving, the latter were detuned a bit and made more city and mileage friendly.)

Straight6 sir- i have a pic coming up for you- as soon as i get my hands on some cam. : )
BTW, i thought you are a bawa too- sorry for presuming. : (
Old 25th June 2008, 12:38   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How much did this bike cost you??
It's a BLM- '88 end or '89 by any chance?
Please do check the engine- forgot which side- if it is marked 'made in Japan'.
How is the engine- stock condition or rebored/oversized/ported?
Replying on behalf of V12 :
Hi Bikenstein, here's my reply : No offence at all

The bike cost me Rs. 7000.
1988 Model. Pics taken in Andheri.
Will check and let you know.
Engine is stock.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks