Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2008, 14:26   #91
BHPian

v12 plz post the prices as it would also help me as i am planning to buy RX 100 or RX 135 (already searching)and bring it back in stock condn.
Old 22nd July 2008, 14:55   #92
Senior - BHPian

Cost of regular spares
These include prices of stuff that are readily available in the market.

18inch HH Wheels - Rs 790
Spokes - Rs 220
Fibre Mudguard - Rs 185
Yamaha Enticer/YBX Switchgear - Rs 325
Tool Box - Rs 80
Flasher - Rs 50
Regulator Rectifier - Rs 130
Complete Wiring Kit - Rs 235
HH CBZ Grips - Rs 85
RX135 Kick Lever - Rs 190
Yamaha Monograms - Rs 70
RX100 Monograms - Rs 40
Side Panels - Rs 200
Thunderbird Headlamp - Rs 535
Indicators (4) - Rs 200
New Petcock with lock - Rs 90
BSA Taillight - Rs 95
Dunlop Tires - Rs 1725

Last edited by Gordon : 22nd July 2008 at 15:01.
Old 22nd July 2008, 23:19   #93
Senior - BHPian

Picked up the Posh Racing Clip On Bars today from Grant Road. Seem to be of decent quality. Its very light because its made of aluminium. Will put them on tomm to check them out. Was quite skeptical about them until I'd seen the other clip ons. The others seem to be heavier. They don't seem to be of "better" quality than the Posh. They're all the same.
Attached Thumbnails
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-posh.jpg  

Old 23rd July 2008, 00:23   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Picked up the Posh Racing Clip On Bars today from Grant Road. Seem to be of decent quality. Its very light because its made of aluminium. Will put them on tomm to check them out. Was quite skeptical about them until I'd seen the other clip ons. The others seem to be heavier. They don't seem to be of "better" quality than the Posh. They're all the same.
how much did you pick em for and would it be possible to send them over to delhi
Old 26th July 2008, 13:59   #95
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey desideep, I guess Gordon picked them for somewhere around 500-600 bucks, not sure. I gues it would be possible to send them over to Delhi via courier.

Anyways the clip-ons have been fitted onto the bike and they look good. Not sure how comfortable they are since I havent tried riding the bike due to the rains.
Attached Thumbnails
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-clip1.jpg  

My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-clip2.jpg  

My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-clip3.jpg  

My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-clip4.jpg  

Old 26th July 2008, 18:28   #96
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see the progress...... next you guys should do a cafe racer based on a Roadking.... I'm actually surprised the idea hasn't struck yet.... it will also be very interesting.
Old 26th July 2008, 22:01   #97
Senior - BHPian

In fact, the idea has struck us. The major drawback in the Yezdi is that the kick lever and the gear lever are the same. So rearsets would be difficult. Another alternative was to keep it in very good stock condition. The same goes for the rx. We were confused whether to make it a cafe or keep it stock. But then we realized that if we ever sell the cafe rx, then the next bike that we'd keep with us would definitely be a super stock rx, bullet or yezdi.
Old 27th July 2008, 22:42   #98
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero View Post
Nice to see the progress...... next you guys should do a cafe racer based on a Roadking.... I'm actually surprised the idea hasn't struck yet.... it will also be very interesting.
The thought did strike us islero. Infact the thought of a Roadking, RD350, Bullet (another one..).... all struck us. The Yezdi was ruled out because of the above problem mentioned by Gordon. Also spares of the Yezdi are very difficult to source.
The Bullet was also ruled out since we already have one and getting a left-shift was difficult and expensive. So the Bullet was ruled out.
Then came the RD350. A bike which my dad was very much against since the time I had an RXZ (way back in 1997).... infact when we were looking for an RX100, he himself suggested an RD350. Tried searching for them but the prices were too high. So the RD too was out of the picture.
That left us with the one and only Yamaha RX series. Searched a couple of them before actually zeroing on this one.
Old 27th July 2008, 22:46   #99
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Time for some more updates. Here's a photoshopped image of the initial plan on the bike. The 'clubmans' have given way to clip-ons now. Suggestions on paintjob most welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-rxred.jpg  

Old 28th July 2008, 15:41   #100
BHPian

Can any one from Bnaglaore let me know which is the best place for erpairing/servicing my RX100, 1989 model. I want to do a repaint, rim replacement, and other works.Please help
Old 28th July 2008, 17:09   #101
BHPian

Its coming along nicely.

Errr...is the black drum matching with the chrome ?
Old 28th July 2008, 19:49   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In fact, the idea has struck us. The major drawback in the Yezdi is that the kick lever and the gear lever are the same. So rearsets would be difficult. Another alternative was to keep it in very good stock condition. The same goes for the rx. We were confused whether to make it a cafe or keep it stock. But then we realized that if we ever sell the cafe rx, then the next bike that we'd keep with us would definitely be a super stock rx, bullet or yezdi.
Ah, I totally forgot about the need for rearsets.... yes, it certainly would be impossible in that aspect.

Yes, with RK, in that case, better thing is to keep it stock-looking.... or, max you guys can do is make a replica of the sholavaram racing RK's..... They looked pretty nice too.
Old 28th July 2008, 22:26   #103
Senior - BHPian

The red paint is also not confirmed. Initial plan even before we bought the bike was white. If its red, it'll have a white or black stripe. If white, then probably red, black or silver stripe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul
Errr...is the black drum matching with the chrome ?
Its just photoshopped, a crazy thought. Its not finalised. Plan to paint the engine black or dark gray. Forks and hubs will probably be silver, dark gray or black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
or, max you guys can do is make a replica of the sholavaram racing RK's
Don't think I've seen it, have a picture of it?!
Old 29th July 2008, 20:58   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't think I've seen it, have a picture of it?!
I wish. I myself only saw a picture of them hung up in my mechanic's place when I took my RK there..... Will search online
Old 1st August 2008, 00:51   #105
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks islero. We're still not sure whether to paint the forks and the hubs black or leave them silver. The engine for sure would be painted black. And

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks