Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2008, 15:59   #16
BHPian

hey ajay. thats great news man. congrats. she's a beauty, next to impossible to find one, specially a single owner.
Old 9th July 2008, 16:54   #17
BANNED

Sure will put the detailed progress with pics.
Thanks Vishal so you keep on hunting in bikes section .
Old 9th July 2008, 17:58   #18
BHPian

Congratulations Ajay. RD is always a sweet nostalgia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
paint and chrome job i am getting her new ignition even though its on points and are working at its best no need to say which ignition. New Uni filters with matching jets, Flat slider carbs, RZ reeds, ART pistons with stage 1 port job in cylinders, EBC clutch kit, bronze bushings for swing arms, new rear shocks, new set of meters, ignition key along with all locs, complete wiring harness, set of RD blinkers, ARS oil seal kit, Vesrah gaskets etc.
I am looking forward to get her the factory standard cosmatic specifications and engine must be exceeding the factory standards.
You have great plan to restore her too. Pls. do post the restoration pics.
Old 29th August 2008, 13:17   #19
BHPian

Hye Ajay,
Updates on progress?
Old 29th August 2008, 13:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ajay,4years is a long wait but at the endof the day your dream came true,really happy to that,hope you restore it well,please post some more pics buddy.Drive safe

Ramie
Old 2nd September 2008, 15:20   #21
BANNED

Nothing as such as few other things came up and pocket is not allowing to do anything as of now, kept the bike in dry place and covered after removing the battry and fuel, just collecting parts one by one done 50% with parts stuff only need to get pistons, crancks, all bearings and most probably both tyres.
Booked the famous RDD CDI, UNI filters and new set of chain sprockets.
Old 2nd September 2008, 15:37   #22
BHPian

Way to go Ajay. Keep us posted on any developments.
Old 2nd September 2008, 17:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Just saw this thread and from the main forum itself I had a feeling it was you who was posting Ajay!! Just a gut feeling.

Im sure a lot of time and effort will go into this project... all the best! Dont let her go this time
Old 3rd September 2008, 16:12   #24
BHPian

Please post some pics ....
Old 4th September 2008, 16:24   #25
BANNED

I know only one chief and i am sure its you only thanks Alen and words from senior guys like you works as inspiration for us.
Thanks Souljah but dont know how you came to know its me as you never saw me in bike .
Old 4th September 2008, 17:46   #26
BHPian

Hey dude, u should get the bike project rolling. Not rideable now? Lets strip here then.
Old 5th September 2008, 10:00   #27
BANNED

No mate its not running as of now and dont want to ride with all leaking and clutch related issue, Will call you today evening mate will sure strip it whenever we get time, atleast will remove the cylinders.
Old 5th September 2008, 10:11   #28
BHPian

Do post the pics,as and when you remove the cylinders,Would love to see the barels,heads,ports n what not...!
Old 29th June 2010, 14:23   #29
BANNED

Patient paid off,
Guys after full 2 years of patient, hell lot of money(enough to buy baby Ninja, encountered few jokers who told me that a resotred RD will cost hardly 75K LOL), running around with mechanics, customs my bike came on the road as expected on 20th of june. The journey was not so easy in between i got conned as well from some know guys in RD scene in Delhi and Bombay took it as learning and challenge,got many duplicate parts which i thrown along with one china made barrels which was supplied by one Delhi chap saying its Jap made original HT barrels, ports were completly out of spec they are nor US spec or close to Indian HT or LT spec, flow was so poor that any 150 cc 4 stroke can beat RD running these barrels.
Good news was they can be sorted out and the liners were very good, straight took it to Ron Chinoy and he agreed to work on these crap barrels, we spent good amount of man hours to get the best possible out of these china crap, got blue printed gear box and top end done by RDD which includes RDD crank, geniune ART pistons, RDD CDi V5, uni pod filters etc.
In these 2 years procured good amount of spares locally as well as abroad got very good quality of oil seals, gaskets, pistons of various size(Wiseco, ProX, ART), cylinders(standard US spec, Indian 0.25 LT, standard HT and one China spec LOL which is currently on bike, switches, front disc breaksetup with wheel and rotar, tapper bearing for steering stem, steering damper, headlight beam, indicators, tail lamp, yamaha mirrors, front and rear fenders(mine was rusted can seen in past pics), couple of break pads, clutch and front break levers, front mask, rear career(mine was bit bend), OE clutch plates, complete gear box from another RD, couple of clutch bells with primary drive for future use, couple of fork oil seals, complete set of front forks from US to accomodate disc breaks, 2 extra sets of crank, 2 sets of reed valves, one more set of complete front end, couple of exhaust pipes from US along with my existing HT ones can say i am sitting on 2 RD's in parts apart from the one which is on road now(may sound quite greedy and yes i am if it comes to RD spares).
Worked on bike most of the weekends even couple of late nights to make her ready before 20th of June, that day almost 150+ RD's came for meet and ride.Almost about to get divorced but after seeing my dedication and the out come all things became normal.Went for ride on first day itself even though engine was in run in period rode it very careful below 4000 RPM and completed 125kms in day one.And kept the bike as it was running one local CDi(my mechanic was afraid to touch RDD CDi even though i told him that i know how to install and time the bike) and jetting is out, waiting for weekend to sort out the CDi and jetting.Many small tits and bits are pending which i can complete in coming 2-3 weeks like fixing long indicators, front mask, saree guard, rear career(apart from performance i want stock looks as well).Will post the pics in the evening.After completing i am getting into preparing one RD cafe racer and "twinline RD cafe racer" (google it for more details) is my inspiration trying to do as much possible as i can to give the exact looks.
Many thanks to my friend in native Anand Mandrik for sourcing this babe, Ron Chinoy to make my dream come true(appriciate his hard work and dedication which he shown during this build) the best for any two stroke in india if you can, my mechanic who worked on my terms and conditions and got me the best cosmatics possible in Bangalore whether its chrome or paint or dacails and my family to support me to restore this legend, i was never asked by my wife that how much i am blowing off in this bike.I have retained its original number as these bikes looks good with their old numbers also retained the "Rajdoot" decail instead of going for Yamaha.
During this two year journy i made lots of good friends along with couple of enemies, bought 4 RX's just to satisfy my 2 stroke hunger which was failure, 2 RD's which got sold within span of 2-4 months as i wanted my RD.
This bike is going to be with me forever and after me my kid will take care of her(he is already in love with this blue blooded Yamaha).

Last edited by Ajaybiz : 29th June 2010 at 14:38.
Ajaybiz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2010, 15:45   #30
BHPian

congrats for the bike .
Pics....Pics.....Pics.....

Most Viewed