Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2008, 16:58   #1
BHPian

Yo Speed Test driven

Team,
Last weekend I test drove the Yo Speed from Yo World show room in Bangalore. Here are my first impressions.
1. Reasonably well built.
2. Good pick up for an electric scoot.(Actually just to try had my wife and 1 yr old son sit with me for a ride )
3. Ideal for single ride and occasional two people (pay load is 135kgs).
4. One week delivery time.
5. Dealers price is 35.5k on road in Bangalore.
6. Dealer says overnight charge is enough for 65kms.
7. Only one service center in Chamarajper, Bangalore.
8. Felt like an ideal buy in the current market situations. Its a true inflation beater.
Old 26th June 2008, 17:57   #2
BHPian

Need inputs on the best ebike around

I am planning for a new electric bike for my dad who's about 60 now. But I plan to use it myself on the weekends. So I'd like a little power in it. About 50-60 kmph on single driver. I've heard that there are newer technologies being rolled out in the near future. Any inputs on the same?
Old 26th June 2008, 18:09   #3
BHPian

How do charge this? In the battery removable ? Or should the vehicle be moved near a plug point?
Old 26th June 2008, 18:31   #4
Team-BHP Support

Yo Bikes have removable battery.
So if you work in an office, its cost/km is free
Old 26th June 2008, 18:36   #5
BHPian

Hi,

Can you also inquire as to how much cost it would entail when the battery needs replacement?

Anand.S
Old 26th June 2008, 19:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

hey can you through some light on the models available in yo brand?

and some information on the periodic maintainance of this bike would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 26th June 2008, 20:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

its 750W implies slightly over 1 hp since its electrical motor let assume it to be 1 bhp.

good thing though, they claim it to run 75 to 80 km with the rider weight as 70Kgs. hmmm! interesting.
it says top speed as 45kmph.

YOSpeed by INDUS
Old 26th June 2008, 22:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghutk View Post

Team,
Last weekend I test drove the Yo Speed from Yo World show room in Bangalore. Here are my first impressions.
1. Reasonably well built.
2. Good pick up for an electric scoot.(Actually just to try had my wife and 1 yr old son sit with me for a ride )
3. Ideal for single ride and occasional two people (pay load is 135kgs).
4. One week delivery time.
5. Dealers price is 35.5k on road in Bangalore.
6. Dealer says overnight charge is enough for 65kms.
7. Only one service center in Chamarajper, Bangalore.
8. Felt like an ideal buy in the current market situations. Its a true inflation beater.

IMO, this vehicle makes excellent sense as far as the vehicle is used for duties within 6 ksm radius. For this distance the use of pertrol vehicle is generally useless. At least in my city this makes huge sense. Within six kms raidus if we want to buy something then this is the best option, specially for buying small comodities of household .

We are looking forward to this electircal vehicle for the shear cost effectiveness. If I want to visit my friend just 3 kms one way, then I can use this machine, similarly anyone in the family can do so.

@rider60:
Yo Bykes Manufactured By INDUS
Old 27th June 2008, 20:11   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
hey can you through some light on the models available in yo brand?

and some information on the periodic maintainance of this bike would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Atleast in Bangalore they have Yo-Smart (250w no license req) and Yo-Speed(750w both license and registration req).
There is no maintenance as such as it has minimal parts mostly cycle type. Only some cleaning of debris and some greasing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Yo -Smart has removable battery but no Yo-Speed.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post. Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th June 2008 at 20:15.
Old 27th June 2008, 20:19   #10
BANNED

Whats the weight of the battery?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Old 28th June 2008, 12:57   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> Atleast in Bangalore they have Yo-Smart (250w no license req) and

I am using something like the above (unbranded moped looking) since 18 months. Since it does not have an odometer, it is only a guess, we have used it close to 30km in a charge.

> There is no maintenance as such as it has minimal parts mostly cycle type. > Only some cleaning of debris and some greasing.

Can vouch for that. The only problem was with the fuse carrier, after replacing it has been trouble free. Used bt different people and still it is trouble free without even a puncture till today.

Checked and confirmed that it takes just one unit for recharging it completely which is done in 4 hours. Though the battery is removable, we charge it in situ.
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:52   #12
BHPian

Ownership report of Yo Speed

Hi friends,

Well I was looking for a cost reduction in petrol expenses at my office. I ad to replace my office scooter. This was pre fuel price hike, I did a lot of reaserch on available electric bikes as I was looking for power. My requirements were bike should take one man & some 30kg material. The options were TVS electric, hero velocity & Yo speed. But the combination of power with battery i found the best in Yo speed which has 750 watt motor with high carying capacity & a useful range of 50 to 60 km.

Hence i went for it. Now the odo reads around 1200km around saving of Rs 1200 has already been achieved. And my office boy is preety happy with it.
Old 2nd July 2008, 12:15   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Hi friends,

Well I was looking for a cost reduction in petrol expenses at my office. I ad to replace my office scooter. This was pre fuel price hike, I did a lot of reaserch on available electric bikes as I was looking for power. My requirements were bike should take one man & some 30kg material. The options were TVS electric, hero velocity & Yo speed. But the combination of power with battery i found the best in Yo speed which has 750 watt motor with high carying capacity & a useful range of 50 to 60 km.

Hence i went for it. Now the odo reads around 1200km around saving of Rs 1200 has already been achieved. And my office boy is preety happy with it.
Thanks Bond. 2 requests.
  1. Can you write a detailed review?
  2. Some pics please.
Old 2nd July 2008, 12:35   #14
Senior - BHPian

normally these things are slow pokes. What has been your exp? I find them a nuisance on main roads plodding - but yo speed should be faster!
Old 2nd July 2008, 12:50   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Thanks Bond. 2 requests.
  1. Can you write a detailed review?
  2. Some pics please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman
normally these things are slow pokes. What has been your exp? I find them a nuisance on main roads plodding - but yo speed should be faster!

Yups with yo speed you can cruise at 40 to 45 kmph no problem I had done test with me my wife & kid & the speed was around 35 to 40 kmph so speed is good but it does chokes at inclines with double seat & with single its a little hard as speed is around 20 to 25.

Proxima surely will post detailed review & some snaps.

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd July 2008 at 13:15. Reason: Quote fixed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks