Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2008, 00:39   #1

Where to buy riding apparels, helmets, tyres etc from Cochin?

Friends, name some shops in cochin that sells riding apparels,branded helmets and tyres like michelin,pirelli etc
Old 2nd July 2008, 07:07   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunjp View Post
Friends, name some shops in cochin that sells riding apparels,branded helmets and tyres like michelin,pirelli etc
Not sure of retail stores, but you should be able to order online through planetdsg.com
Old 2nd July 2008, 12:36   #3
BHPian

the tyres you can pick up from Global tyres at Mamangalam .. helmets - well there are a few shops between the stadium and kaloor junction.
Old 2nd July 2008, 12:41   #4
BHPian

Check if they have anything that may suit your requirements.

Cramster - Riding Gear and Motorcycle Luggage: Touring Racing Motocross India Royal Enfield Pulsar Bajaj Karizma Saddlebags Tankbags Jackets Gloves
Old 2nd July 2008, 12:56   #5
BANNED

Tires are available in almost all leading tire shops here. Global tires being my favourite shop, I'd recommend you to hop in and have a Dekho!
Regarding helmets and riding accessories, are you looking for some exclusive brands? If yes, please name it. Else, there are lots of shops selling normal kind of helmets etc..
Old 2nd July 2008, 20:32   #6

I look for helmets of agv,branded and stylish motocross helmets etc...
Old 3rd July 2008, 21:52   #7
BHPian

hey arjun, check out auto queen near kaloor bus stand. they are pretty good. you can get tires, helmets and all that from there.
Old 3rd July 2008, 23:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

To add to the original question:

Where in Cochi can i get AGV, GPOne, Vemar, Sparx/KBC helmets?

Choices of helmets are very pathetic in Tvm and they don't have the correct size as well. I'm looking to change my present GPR lid. The visor of my Arai costs 2000 bucks and it has to be imported otherwise i would've used it.
Old 3rd July 2008, 23:41   #9
Senior - BHPian

Check out Auto Queen(?) @ Kaloor. They got pretty good helmets
Old 3rd June 2018, 18:00   #10
BANNED

re: Where to buy riding apparels, helmets, tyres etc from Cochin?

Friends
Can you recommend any shops in ernakulam for purchasing biking gear especially good quality helmets ...I heard that fake ones of well known brands are being sold in the market....I am thinking of going for either Honda 650f or 250f ...
Old 3rd June 2018, 22:12   #11
BANNED

DJ Helmets, the owner Deepak Johny is a pretty decent guy and is a biker as well, helped me source a few accessories and gears while I was studying at Bangalore, he was kind enough to ship them there as I seldom visited Kochi other than while riding back to Kollam via the Coimbatore route, Madurai was my usual.

Autoqueen Sabu is well known among almost all motorcycle enthusiasts in Kerala though not everyone has good things to say about the customer service and pricing.

Spartan Pro Gear the only authorized direct re-seller of anything that has anything to do with SPG in Kochi if I'm not mistaken, plus they offer the best deals among the lot.

Biker Zone well this is not in Kochi but not that far along at Mannuthy, the owner is Athul who I believe is one of the first people to successfully complete the IBA certification in Kerala, being a true blue biker with commendable mileage he would any day be the better option to ask for suggestions. I've purchased a handful of accessories from BZ and the customer support and pricing was by far the best.
ashwinprakas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 09:39   #12
BHPian

I've purchased all my riding gear from DJ Helmets and Spartan ProGear. Had a wonderful experience from both places, you can't go wrong with either one of them.
Speed.Demon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 12:16   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Friends
Can you recommend any shops in ernakulam for purchasing biking gear especially good quality helmets ...I heard that fake ones of well known brands are being sold in the market....I am thinking of going for either Honda 650f or 250f ...
What is the budget that you have for your gear and the helmet? Do you have any preferences for any brands? We can help you based on that and accordingly you can take a look at the different shops here in Cochin. Over the years Ive bought a lot of riding gear from both AutoQueen and DJ Helmets.

Since you mentioned helmets specifically, AutoQueen currently has stocks of HJCs (all the way up to the very nice RPHA 11), Nolan, AGV (including the K5 and K3), Shoei and several other brands. DJ has Airoh, AGV (K3), Nolan and some more. Between the two, AutoQueen has a wider variety in models and sizes than DJ Helmets. Again these are the brands and models that I noticed when I visited both stores a couple of days ago, there may be more (I havent mentioned the ones in the Rs 4 - 6 K range like Zeus, SMK, SOL etc) and / or the ones that are there may not be in your size. Do visit both these stores before making a decision.

Last edited by neil.jericho : 6th June 2018 at 12:17.
Old 6th June 2018, 19:16   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Spartan Pro Gear the only authorized direct re-seller of anything that has anything to do with SPG in Kochi if I'm not mistaken, plus they offer the best deals among the lot.
Im 99.9% sure that I saw a few SPG jackets stocked in DJ a couple of days ago when I had gone to enquire about mesh jackets. Im not sure if it is old stock, not that it should matter. However they did suggest gear from Rynox and RST instead though nothing was available in my size (XL). I do know that they are flexible on pricing though.
Old 6th June 2018, 22:47   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Im 99.9% sure that I saw a few SPG jackets stocked in DJ a couple of days ago when I had gone to enquire about mesh jackets. Im not sure if it is old stock, not that it should matter. However they did suggest gear from Rynox and RST instead though nothing was available in my size (XL). I do know that they are flexible on pricing though.
Just replied to your PM recommending Rynox, they last a fair bit compared to the rest, my Stealth was bought in 2012 and I still use it, the only time it actually tore(rather stitches came loose) was in February while running the GQ circuit, now 7 years before the first tear is really something especially since its an indigenous product.

If you're certain that you'd prefer SPG then get them directly from SPG they offer great discounts from time to time, a fellow enthusiast(Vishnu Green N250R) works there and used to inform us from time to time when new offers were brought about, lost touch with the individual after shifting to a Dumphone else could've connected you guys.

Also do give TBG a look, I get the feeling you wont be disappointed.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks