Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2008, 17:49   #1
BHPian

Paperless Yamaha RD 350

Hello Friends,

One of my friend has an RD, the only papers he got was the Rregistration booklet that too in the name of the original owner, he had the sale letter and everything but unfortunately lost them.

Recently he got the papers of the bike made from someone, I am attaching the shot of the papers, somehow I feel the papers are fake, why, because -
  • the number mentioned on the papers is from Delhi however they are from Nagaland transport authority,
  • the temporary address is from Nagaland, however the permanent address is from delhi
I asked him about this and he said that what matters is that the tax is paid and it can be paid anywhere in India

Why I am posting here is because I too have paid the same chap for getting my RD's papers, so want to confirm
Attached Thumbnails
Paperless Yamaha RD 350-080720012.jpg  

Old 8th July 2008, 17:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you go to your local RTO and ask them what the procedure is for making papers for the bike? Don't mention anything about this bike. Once you hear what they have to say, you will know how genuine these papers are.
Old 8th July 2008, 17:56   #3
BHPian

The RTOs (Known as DTO in the NE-India or District Transport Office) in the North-East are known to overlook rules when you pay them the money. I would be very careful when dealing with such documents.

Incidentally, today there was one such case of gross negligence highlighted in the papers today:
Quote:
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#008080]Number plate duplication[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Madam,
On the 20th June 2008, I witnessed a bizarre fact while driving my vehicle (Maruti 800 bearing Regn. No. DL - 8 C C - 1097) along the road from Police Bazaar to Kacheri. Since there was a long line of vehicles stopping in front of a signal, I was simply waiting for the traffic to proceed, and was casually looking at the Matiz (Regn. No. ML 05 - C - 5945) in front of my vehicle. Imagine to my utter shock and surprise, while the other cars were proceeding in the opposite direction, a Maruti 800 with very small Regn. letters and bearing similar Regn. No. ML - 05 C - 5945, driven by a woman was also proceeding towards Police Bazaar. For once, I was wondering whether what I saw was real, but since the traffic was still static, I turned round and realized that the Maruti 800 indeed had the same Regn. No. as the Matiz in front of me. Incidentally this Matiz was being driven by a man.
While I understand that it is none of my business as to who drives what vehicle, you may agree that the following questions which are indeed in public interest crops up: Is it permissible for two or more vehicles to share the same Regn. No.? If 'Yes', under what rules of the Motor Vehicle Act is this permissible? If 'No', the following situations may apply: Is it a genuine or intentional lapse on the part of the District Transport Authorities? Are there any sinister designs on the part of the owners of the two vehicles with/without any mutual understanding with the District Transport Authorities? Are Regn. Fees being paid only for one of the vehicles? Will the Minister of Transport/Commissioner of Transport/District Transport Officer/SP (Traffic) clarify?
Yours etc.,
Sunil Dev,
Laitumkhrah
[/SIZE]
Source: EDITORIAL
Old 13th October 2008, 23:40   #4
BHPian

looks like one of them was driving a stolen car! one of them has a fake number plate for sure
Old 28th January 2013, 20:23   #5
BHPian

Re: Paperless Yamaha RD 350

Well - All i can tell you that the papers made in Nagaland are Dicy!!! As i came to know from ppl here. In auto trade since long so can tell u that all that requires a lot of documentation - can be by-passed in Nagaland!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks