Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2008, 19:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post

This has got nothing to do with adjusting the switch. People unknowingly press the foot brake while riding.
1)
I think that if one over tightens the rear brake setting, then this problems occurs.

2)
I dont know what, but it looks like all the two wheeler service guys are trained to adjust the rear brakes at the spot where there is least and sometimes non existent free play. Yes this does mean that the brakes are slightly dragging, very very slightly.

This happens with My Suzuki Zeus also. After service, I come home and the first thing I do is adjust the rear brakes once again.

3)
My friend's Hero Honda Passion has brake light ON always. I remarked it, but he wont listen. He makes his best efforts to keep the brake setting as the service persons do during service.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 11th July 2008 at 20:00.
Old 12th July 2008, 14:23   #32
Senior - BHPian

Sir, this also happens if

1. The rider keeps his foot on the rear brake pedal while riding. There are two riding styles - to keep your leg on the pedal and otherwise.

The guys who do it otherwise will not have this problem irrespective of how the brake light switch or the brake is setup.

On the otherhand, for the guys who prefer to keep their leg on the brake pedal, there is an adjustable switch near both the brake pedal / levers in most bikes. This has to be adjusted to individual riders preference.

Else, false alarms may occur. This is more dangerous to the rider rather than the vehicle behind.

Happy riding

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks