Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 14:43   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
Yep that looks like the hub from the 350 twin. I dont remember the oilking coming with a tacho. but there were clutch case covers available in the factory that had a provision for the tacho cable. some folks even locally fabricated a hole/provision for the same but it would leak oil if not done properly. AFAIK only a version called the Roadking MT came with a tacho, which was supposedly an export model. Not sure about the claim. the front stalks are from the early 350 version. Btw is that a 22 lt tank? the tank on my 84 roadie looks the same.
@Howler

Wow, you have a 22L tank on your 84?!

That is def a 22L tank 'cos I had gone to Addu to work on my '95 Roadking and this dwarfed the 16L tank on that and I asked him about it. He also has a 26L tank sitting inside his garage which he bought from the factory when they were shutting down. Apparently it was used for track testing.

I'm not too sure about the front indicator stalks being from an early 350... You might be right (I can't debate it because I haven't seen enough 350s to know) but it was something I was specifically fascinated by and he said that this was a stock part on the Oilking and that he didn't modify the mounting (by drilling holes or whatever) in any way. I was surprised because this would mean that they did away with the indicators on its successor - the Roadking, for the next decade or so (I've only seen indicators on the post-1990 Roadkings - the CDI versions). Weird...
Old 31st March 2010, 17:59   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT13 View Post
@Howler

Wow, you have a 22L tank on your 84?!

That is def a 22L tank 'cos I had gone to Addu to work on my '95 Roadking and this dwarfed the 16L tank on that and I asked him about it. He also has a 26L tank sitting inside his garage which he bought from the factory when they were shutting down. Apparently it was used for track testing.

I'm not too sure about the front indicator stalks being from an early 350... You might be right (I can't debate it because I haven't seen enough 350s to know) but it was something I was specifically fascinated by and he said that this was a stock part on the Oilking and that he didn't modify the mounting (by drilling holes or whatever) in any way. I was surprised because this would mean that they did away with the indicators on its successor - the Roadking, for the next decade or so (I've only seen indicators on the post-1990 Roadkings - the CDI versions). Weird...
ha ha nope i think mines the measly 16 lt tank. Iv seen the larger tanks that you could be talking about but they were used for racing and looked nothing like the roadking tank. the stalks could be a result of part sharing as all the yeazdi bikes used common accessories like speedos, lights etc. the post 90 roadies came with the ugly rubber indicators.

btw where in bangy is addus wk shop?

Last edited by howler : 31st March 2010 at 18:01.
Old 1st April 2010, 10:35   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
ha ha nope i think mines the measly 16 lt tank. Iv seen the larger tanks that you could be talking about but they were used for racing and looked nothing like the roadking tank. the stalks could be a result of part sharing as all the yeazdi bikes used common accessories like speedos, lights etc. the post 90 roadies came with the ugly rubber indicators.

btw where in bangy is addus wk shop?
Actually, those most be tinkered tanks you've seen. The one I refer to is an original Yezdi tank and it simply looks like this one's Granddaddy. Much bigger but exactly like the usual Roadking tank (similar to this one being bigger than yours and mine - pun not necessarily intended :P).

As for Addu's location, he's in Maruti Seva Nagar.

For details about him and his stuff, I've written about it on my blog (mostly about my Yezdi so far) here The men who make it possible Being Thomas.

(MODS PLEASE NOTE: Since I'm a newbie here I'm not sure whether or not its ok to share links like my blog. If it isn't please do delete it and accept my apologies for an infraction)

Haven't updated it in a month but that's cos I have so much stuff for it I'm not sure where to start.

If you're ever in Bangalore and want to go see him, let me know.

Cheers

Rahul
Old 1st April 2010, 17:31   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Actually, those most be tinkered tanks you've seen. The one I refer to is an original Yezdi tank and it simply looks like this one's Granddaddy. Much bigger but exactly like the usual Roadking tank (similar to this one being bigger than yours and mine - pun not necessarily intended :P).

As for Addu's location, he's in Maruti Seva Nagar.

For details about him and his stuff, I've written about it on my blog (mostly about my Yezdi so far) here The men who make it possible Being Thomas.

(MODS PLEASE NOTE: Since I'm a newbie here I'm not sure whether or not its ok to share links like my blog. If it isn't please do delete it and accept my apologies for an infraction)

Haven't updated it in a month but that's cos I have so much stuff for it I'm not sure where to start.

If you're ever in Bangalore and want to go see him, let me know.

Cheers

Rahul
nice blog bud ! i get what youre talking about now. i saw a d type fitted with an oversize roadie tank yesterday, its much bigger from the portion above the yezdi monogram. it would be quite a handful taking turns with this filled to the brim, it would make the bike a bit top heavy i assume.
an thanks for the offer, i keep passin through bangy on my way home, so will definitely take you up on your offer sometime.
Old 3rd December 2012, 00:54   #50
BHPian

Re: Yezdi Oilking

Looking for a Yezdi 350. If any are available then send me a PM.
Old 12th October 2018, 02:06   #51
BHPian

Re: Yezdi Oilking

Quote:
The most beautiful Oilking I've seen is a 1978 Maroon one that I found Addu Bhai working on recently (I'd previously seen him work on a black one). I'm posting pics of it below. Check out that monster 22L tank! As with most Oilkings that survive, the Oil sump has long since been removed. This one is still a beauty.
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to track down the owner of this Roadking. Would appreciate if anyone has any information.

Thanks,
Anil

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks