Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2008, 15:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

sankar -- great to know of your choice - please let us know the delivery dates. Can you explain more on the power deliver of the FI vs the carb? and whats the FE the showroom mechs are quoting?
Old 28th July 2008, 15:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

@SV: I rode both the bikes on Saturday. The FI is super smooth. Thought the carb felt quicker(speedo was disconnected) I think the FI was quicker. Also carb has vibrations on higher rpms while no such vibrations in FI. I could pick the FI from 1500 rpms in 5th gear which the carb struggled even in 3rd.

Hope this helps
Old 28th July 2008, 19:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Congrats Sankar. Great choice!!

Do not even think about changing the colour. Grey is classic where as Yellow and Orange are too flashy in my opinion.
Thanks mate! I agree the other two colours are very flashy. I would prefer the stealth mode provided by the Grey colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Waiting for his initial review, mods and then review!
Only after i get bored with the stock setup man . Which would happen sooner rather than later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
When is the delivery expected?
Thanks mate! They said it will take upto 30 days but they will try to deliver before that. But i called up their Cochin dealer and they said they're expecting their next lot by Aug 3rd. So here in Tvm i expect them to deliver by 2nd week of Aug atleast.

Have you decided which one to go for, Carb or Fi? I sincerely hope that you would choose the Fi over the Carb version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
Sankar,
I feel u have made the right choice of colour for daily commute .
As a keen observer of colours on bikes i see alot of yellow bike ie TVS APACHE 's getting faded with time.
msvg, you're very correct! Even i have seen Yellow Apache's (refresh model) with faded paint finishing. My friend who has a Red RTR Refresh also has observed the same.
Techno, i would suggest you observe few older Yellow Apaches before you decide to go in for that colour..
Old 28th July 2008, 19:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
sankar -- great to know of your choice - please let us know the delivery dates. Can you explain more on the power deliver of the FI vs the carb? and whats the FE the showroom mechs are quoting?
Fi is miles ahead when it comes refinement, smoothness and power delivery. The power delivery is crisp and linear. And it also feels much quicker than the carb and the low end torque also felt stronger than the carb. Regarding the FE the company is claiming 60 for the Fi. But i don't care much for fuel economy but i'm sure if the company is claiming 60 it would give me atleast 50.
Old 29th July 2008, 11:04   #35
Senior - BHPian

@Sankar, the delivery is within 3 days here in Pune at least thats what I have been told.

About yellow color fading thats a news to me I never heard of metallic colors fading on bikes the last I knew was Red color on Splendor. I will keenly look now.

As about carb or FI; well before the test ride I was all for carb but the test ride has spoilt me

I will be waiting for the rains to get over as the bike would just be parked (which I wouldn't want to do) & also read some owner reviews of FI before taking the final call
Old 29th July 2008, 11:14   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@SV: I rode both the bikes on Saturday. The FI is super smooth. Thought the carb felt quicker(speedo was disconnected) I think the FI was quicker. Also carb has vibrations on higher rpms while no such vibrations in FI. I could pick the FI from 1500 rpms in 5th gear which the carb struggled even in 3rd.

Hope this helps
it sure does - i once RIPPED the new RTR back in 07' after launch and was satisfied with it, just that it needed to be kept on the boil, which was a boring thing at times...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Fi is miles ahead when it comes refinement, smoothness and power delivery. The power delivery is crisp and linear. And it also feels much quicker than the carb and the low end torque also felt stronger than the carb. Regarding the FE the company is claiming 60 for the Fi. But i don't care much for fuel economy but i'm sure if the company is claiming 60 it would give me atleast 50.
40+ works for me, I heard the 220 fails miserable in that dept...
Old 29th July 2008, 13:41   #37
BHPian

But Shankar, i think the matte grey color attracts more eyes than the yellow or orange.It seems yellow apaches are common.I have my CBZ repainted in matte black color and it pulls a lot of attraction.Its having some similarity with the apache's grey shade...i guess
Attached Thumbnails
Apache RTR Fi Launched-17072008.jpg  

Old 29th July 2008, 13:55   #38
BHPian

Wow, so we have Sankar and Kedar (Techno) going for RTR FIs. Waiting for detailed ownership reviews from you biker guys. Have never tried RTRs and I think it will be that of Sankar's bike I am gonna try first .
Old 29th July 2008, 14:10   #39
Senior - BHPian

@jay: What do you mean you biker guys aren't you one

As for me it will be some time before I book mine, read this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno
I will be waiting for the rains to get over as the bike would just be parked (which I wouldn't want to do) & also read some owner reviews of FI before taking the final call
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVS
40+ works for me, I heard the 220 fails miserable in that dept...
Well for a 220 cc engine the Pulsar does return a decent mileage
Old 29th July 2008, 14:35   #40
BHPian

Quote:
@jay: What do you mean you biker guys aren't you one
Arre Kedar, who said I am not. Always and forever! I mentioned so because since you guys are going for FI we will get a detailed report from very experienced bikers. There may be many guys going for Apache FI in team BHP itself, but may not be interested in m/cycle section or can't review like you guys.

For me, it's my Ironbull forever, but will consider a second bike when a good/affordable multi cyl tourer friendly one launches here.
Old 29th July 2008, 16:24   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
good/affordable multi cyl tourer friendly
Lol Jay you have putt all of these in one line
Old 8th August 2008, 13:59   #42
Senior - BHPian

Sankar: any update on your steed? have you got her ?
Old 8th August 2008, 15:33   #43
Senior - BHPian

Techno, I haven't yet got the RTR. This long wait is really getting to me. I have booked the bike at their Cochin dealer also because the Tvm guy is clinging to his 45 day waiting period excuse. Cochin guy says they can give me the bike by 15th Aug.

Btw Cochin TVS told me that there will be a 2k price increase from the next lot of vehicles onwards. The launch price was 71500 (Cochin) and 71700 (Tvm).
Old 8th August 2008, 15:36   #44
Senior - BHPian

Yes the prices for FI have increased by approx 1.5k here from 1st August.

All the best for the wait & I hope we hear sooner than later about your steed

P.S. oh boy its still 3-4k cheaper than Pune :(
Old 16th August 2008, 13:15   #45
Senior - BHPian

Is RTR comfortable for a tall guy?

I am 6'2" tall and have not driven a RTR. But it looks like the seat height is less for the driver. I have a Fiero and it is not comfortable for long drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks