Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2005, 15:36   #1

need some advice on motorcycles

hey guys, i just moved to a new house in kharghar sector 20 so it is a little far from the station and we only have one two-wheeler. but my father agreg to buy me a bike within 60,000 and currently i am looking at the fazer and mabey the pulsar, i havent really done any research. so it would be good if u guys give me some advide on this and also is it economical to buy a used car instead. awaiting your replys.
Old 2nd March 2005, 16:03   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittibells61
hey guys, i just moved to a new house in kharghar sector 20 so it is a little far from the station and we only have one two-wheeler. but my father agreg to buy me a bike within 60,000 and currently i am looking at the fazer and mabey the pulsar, i havent really done any research. so it would be good if u guys give me some advide on this and also is it economical to buy a used car instead. awaiting your replys.
pulsar150Dtsi.
go for it
or the Unicorn
Old 2nd March 2005, 16:31   #3
BHPian

In order:

1. Honda Unicorn
2. Pulsar 150 DTSi
Old 2nd March 2005, 16:54   #4
Team-BHP Support

Well chitti, I would recomend the Unicorn as you seem to want efficiency and hassle free riding over performance.

However, I believe there is a long waiting period for the Unicorn, so that could prove a problem if you need the bike soon.

The Fazer is a great bike, highly underrated and has distintive styling and great build quality. However don't expect good resale value on it.

I guess that leave the Pulsar 150, which should be ideal for you. The new DTSi comes with 17" alloys and decent performance plus a 2 year warranty. This makes it the best choice for you.

P.s.: Topic moved to "Motorcycles"
Old 2nd March 2005, 17:14   #5
BHPian

U'v put fazer as u'r first choice over pulsar.... Never heard of many who would do that....

The 150 pulsar has a decent FE.. Performance is the best in its segment..
But from what i read in overdrive its just top speed wher the pulsar is ahead.. Otherwise its Unicorn...

So I would suggest for the 150 pulsar..

Welcome to tbhp!!!!
Old 2nd March 2005, 17:18   #6
Team-BHP Support

lol vin, didn't you read the whole post?

I just listed out some points on the fazer. However, qualitywise, it is leagues ahead of the Bajaj twins.
Old 2nd March 2005, 17:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

I suggest the Unicorn, if not that, then, the Pulsar 150DTSi.
Old 2nd March 2005, 19:36   #8
BHPian

Well, Unicorn would definetly be the bike to buy but, there is a waiting time of atleast a month. That leaves you with Pulsar or perhaps the fiero which has been over looked.
So, how about going in for the Fiero its 150cc, good fuel economy, decent performance, quality parts, good service what more would you need.
Think about it.
Old 3rd March 2005, 09:41   #9
BHPian

Ok Rt,
Agreed!!!!!! (peace).hehehe

Have u noticed that, its just top speed where pulsar 150dtsi is ahead of unicorn.. Rest, unicorn rules.. But couldn't they have done a little better with the looks...

Always where ever a bike is rolled out, atleast one area will be there where they don't look at... Dont really understand why!!
Old 3rd March 2005, 19:22   #10
BHPian

Always where ever a bike is rolled out, atleast one area will be there where they don't look at... Dont really understand why!![/quote]

Exactly, nor do I understand that. for example, lets take the Unicorn,
Now the norm is that almost all two wheelers in the 150cc category have bar end weights and mighty Honda decides to go without the bar end weights for their bike, why is that????
Perhaps they think their bike is far to refined to give out handle bar vibrations!!!!!!
Old 4th March 2005, 11:15   #11
BHPian

Fazer isn't 150cc, right??

When Rt suggested it, I thought it had a 150cc bike too....

unicorn, well they'v got in the monoshoks, but a little could have been looked at the bikes overall looks too.... It would have done them wonders as far as sales are concerned...
Old 11th March 2005, 18:06   #12
BHPian

Hey chitti, what do you do man? I come to nerul everyday (RAIT). I would normally suggest to go in for a Unicorn, but it's too much waiting. Plus the rubber for the Unicorn is not as good as the Pulsar's. And the Pulsars have awesome alloys which look like a million dollars. And yes, the bike is fantastic overall. Unicorn has some quality issues- vibrating tailight, thin tyre not adequate etc.
Old 11th March 2005, 21:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

the Unicorn is in the news since such a long time.just the Honda name is enough for people including myself to start recommending it.
i have also been recommending it to everyone,but my judgement was based on the basis of the activa ,dio and the eterno.
the reason i am saying this is according to OD(page 100,march 2005),the unicorn hasnt delivered as per expectations.
the pulsar no matter what how many plugs it gets will always shout B A J A A A A J.

now that HH have launched the 125 splendor ,maybe u can take a look at it or maybe the Discover being the only exception from bajaj.

you have to really decide on what type of bike you want.the unicorn is 150cc ,has monoshock has a slightly more upmarket look and feel.
on the other hand,the Discover/Splendor125 are more of no-nonsense commuter bikes concentrating more on FE rather than looks.

if i were you,maybe i would have gone for the unicorn and then fitted the alloy 17inch rims of the new pulsars ,or the black rims of the karizma

Last edited by speedsatya : 11th March 2005 at 21:51.
Old 13th March 2005, 04:22   #14
BHPian

dude....

u have two choices....
speed....the pulsar dts 180

OR

comfort....the karizma
Old 13th March 2005, 15:15   #15
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest nothing else but the P150 or P180.
Unicorn is expensive comparatively
Reagarding the mileage difference between the P150 and Unicorn , its hardly 2kmpl.
pure value for money.

Regarding the Fazer , its a good bike , but then it will not keep satisfied for long. U will always have 150cc in mind. PLus Fazer are difficult to sell in the user market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks