Team-BHP - Hi Folks! Need some help.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Hi Folks! Need some help. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/4257-hi-folks-need-some-help.html)

Hi Guys!
Just shifted to from Mumbai to Bangalore a month ago. Though my bro and some friends are regular contributors to the posts here, this is my first post.

Ok, as far as public transport goes, I cant even imagine comparing Bangalore to Mumbai. The bus service is almost useless if you dont speak the local language and the auto richkshaw drivers are looking for the dumbest possible excuse to fleece you. As far as I'm concerned, its a must to have some sort of vehicle to get around in this city. To begin with, I dont even have a 2 wheeler license. But seeing the traffic here, I think that a bike is a cheaper and faster way of getting around.

I was looking for a suitable 2 wheeler and after much research I finally decided to go for the Honda Unicorn. Everything seemed to be fine when my dad suddenly came up with the proposal of me taking a look at somebody's used Bajaj Caliber, and buying it from him if its good.

The current owner claims that the bike has done 2200 kms., is in a good condition and is about a year old. The issue is the fact that I know very little about motorcycles in any case. Now, how do I give this bike a thorough check before I decide to buy/drop the proposal.

Is there some place where I can get this bike checked out? Can somebody suggest a suitable solution to my problem? What does one need to know before getting a bike, that too a second hand one.

please: Looking forward to some speedy suggestions.

Ciao for now,
Aniruddha.

ditch the caliber - its an old model anyways ........

if u going for a 2nd hand bike try out the hero honda's better than bajaj .....

but if u have ur mind set on the Unicorn nothing like it

buy the unicorn and dump the caliber, i have used it for awhile, its horrible

if its just 2200 km old n u gonna get it for dirt cheap n u r not a bike enthu guy, rather a person who uses it to get from A to B go for caliber, caliber is a regular 100 cc 4 stroke bike easy to maintain and less on expense..

if u are more passionate about what u ride around and seen in, go for the Unicorn.. it is a good buy..

take it to a local mecha and get a checkup done. the mecha will tell u wether its good or bad or ugly...

and hell... caliber is a kick-ass bike... owned it for more than 5 years. no problem et all!

peace.

would nt really suggest the caliber dude
its old outdated
honda anytime
bikes are better compared to bajaj

P.S. why dont you get a new bike just look at the different options there are so many dealers who offer good deals with new bikes......

[quote=anadkarni]Hi Guys!
As far as I'm concerned, its a must to have some sort of vehicle to get around in this city. To begin with, I dont even have a 2 wheeler license. But seeing the traffic here, I think that a bike is a cheaper and faster way of getting around.

To start with you do not have a license, so, get a license first.
How old are you? How much riding have you done, I guess you have not done much of riding on a bike.
In that case you're going to drop the new bike that you'll buy and probably ruin the clutch.
Now for someone who has done a lot of riding we will never consider the outdated Caliber. But, in your case it seems like better decision.
If you had only asked, hey guys I wanna get a bike choices are Pulsar, KArizma and Unicorn!!!! you would have got a lot of resposes but, the scenario is different here.
See if you can get a second hand Fiero or better a two stroke Suzuki samurai.
Stay clear of the CALIBER.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anadkarni
Hi Guys!
Just shifted to from Mumbai to Bangalore a month ago. Though my bro and some friends are regular contributors to the posts here, this is my first post.
Ciao for now,
Aniruddha.

andy:
as we know you don't have much experience in 2 wheeler riding except for your antics with the BMX in school..

buying a new bike for a first time can be a strenuous job - going thro' all the different products - listing your requirements - Fuel Efficiency, Power, Handling, etc etc etc..

however, your foremost consideration would be learning to ride one..

now, learning to ride a bike is not the difficult thing - the difficult thing is actually getting (begging/borrowing/stealing) a bike to learn on and then having the time to actually get on it and learn how to ride the damn thing..
a few falls and a few @#$*'s from the person who owns the bike, i guess..

all that can be quite an unnerving experience.. thats where i step in..
i have a solution to your problem - easy to ride - easy to maintain - fuel efficient - 2 stroke - AND it can carry more than 2 without the need for a side-car...

here it is - the solution to your problem, the answer to your question my friend ->

BAJAJ FE-DAC

check out the specifications here ->
www.autocareindia.com/threewheelers/bajajfedac2s.php">SPECIFICATIONS

ps. the biggest plus -> its a convertible!!!
was also planning on recommending the Garuda - but its a Diesel (which means FE, no doubts, but more pollution).

Now why did'nt I think of recommending that superb vehicle.
No balance required at all lol: