Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2008, 05:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

what is the point of k&n on a Unicorn, if its just for the sound effect then its fine, but you wont have any performance increase.

its just that the initial pick up would become a little better and the top end would just die out.

and trust me trying to get the jetting done on a uni is just a waste of time and money, just go through this thread, i took the plunge and i know.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...tml#post671446

i tried all the jets i could lay my hands on but its all gone in vain.
Old 12th August 2008, 11:58   #17
BHPian

I recommend RC1060 coz i use the same airfilter for my karizma and i have no issues with it
Old 19th April 2009, 06:10   #18
BHPian

K & N just for the sound effect and the initial placebo effects ?

Rider60's Observations seems to be spot on, The filter is all about the sound effects , once you get past 85kmph, then you have to wait all day to gain any more speed and there was a little missing too when in the higher revs, and now I am worried about re jetting too since he have already mentioned about the jets being able to do nothing for the bike. So what should I do now ? is there anyway of increasing the top end grunt ? or should I put it up for sale in Classifieds ?
Old 20th April 2009, 08:26   #19
BHPian

K&N's work best when fitted on the carb, RC1060 is the appropriate one for Unicorns and karizma's, the larger R1100 only has a larger flange and is offset by 40 degrees, rest of the dimensions are the same(as per K&N website) and is recommended for larger capacity bikes like Bullets etc...
I would'nt even suggest an air filter change even with larger jets etc... Manufacturers have tested jets at different altitudes and conditions and this might have seemed the most neutral and efficient hence these bikes are jetted in a particular way.
Unless you got your engine ported with a positive change in your port velocity, increased compression etc... such modifications(K&N) are useless in attempting to "gain power", either go all the way or stay stock(is best).
Unrelated Question - What is the price and weight of the front and rear spoked rims of the Unicorn??

Most Viewed