Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2008, 08:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

TVS Apache RTR Problem

Hi All,

My friend has recently bought an RTR 160 (Not FI) and now a days in the instrument cluster there's a new light which glows which shows "spanners". He's a novice about biking and does not know anything about it. To me it looks like something is wrong either with the engine or air filter. However, we still need to know what the problem is?

I even asked him to go to the service center to do the needful but his hectic schedule is not allowing him to either do that or refer to the owner's manual.

I am posting this on his behalf. RTR owners, can you guide me on what could be the possible problem?
Old 30th July 2008, 09:38   #2
knp
BHPian

this is not a problem. that indication is for service reminder. TVS has this new feature in their apache and flame, where based on the number of kilometers run, the service reminder indicator glows.
once you take it to the service center, they will reset this.
Old 30th July 2008, 10:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
this is not a problem. that indication is for service reminder. TVS has this new feature in their apache and flame, where based on the number of kilometers run, the service reminder indicator glows.
Thanks for the information. I'll inform him. What has left me puzzled is that this came after the first service!
Old 30th July 2008, 10:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Thanks for the information. I'll inform him. What has left me puzzled is that this came after the first service!
Maybe it is a smart system where it is saying the service was not done properly / no done at all; just a wash given and delivered!!!
Old 30th July 2008, 11:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
Interesting feature.

This also makes the service records traceable!
Old 30th July 2008, 12:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Maybe it is a smart system where it is saying the service was not done properly / no done at all; just a wash given and delivered!!!

Quite possible. I'll tell him this!
Old 30th July 2008, 13:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

Any other hazard lights to look out for?
Old 22nd August 2008, 13:19   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Hi All,

My friend has recently bought an RTR 160 (Not FI) and now a days in the instrument cluster there's a new light which glows which shows "spanners". He's a novice about biking and does not know anything about it. To me it looks like something is wrong either with the engine or air filter. However, we still need to know what the problem is?

I even asked him to go to the service center to do the needful but his hectic schedule is not allowing him to either do that or refer to the owner's manual.

I am posting this on his behalf. RTR owners, can you guide me on what could be the possible problem?
The RTR has a warning light informing you regarding a impending service. Since it is a new bike, i guess it starts glowing around the 500km mark. The svc center guys reset it buy pressing the Mode A and Mode B buttons for sometime.. not sure of the exact proc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks