Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2008, 15:29   #1
BHPian

modifications for my avenger

I have been looking all over for suggestions for modifying my avenger. there doesnt seem to exist any ideas at all.

Can someone help me with it?
Old 8th October 2008, 13:23   #2
BHPian

Hi Ramkumar

Apologies for such a delayed reply to your post, but I just now spotted it as I was doing a general search on the forum for Avenger. Anyway please do take a look at my posts (posts by user VSG12777) and see what you think. I've done nothing great on performance enhancement but utility, style, looks - yes. The only performance oriented thing I did was to add a K&N air filter, which I might remove and get back to the stock air filter for longer engine life.

Do take a look (even photo links are provided for my Avy 200) and maybe you can decide from there. I have mentioned the complete list of things done to my new Avy 200 in April 2008 along with prices.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 8th October 2008, 14:06   #3
BHPian

VSG12777

Nice trip report.
About your Avenger, You fixed the side trunk case, Does it rattle or vibrate when on rough roads and when you go over pot holes? How much did you pay for it? looks very good on the bike.

I was thinking of fixing 2 of them ? one on each side.
Old 15th December 2009, 16:56   #4

how can i modify the avenger?

hi..

i am planning to pick up a red avenger very soon. i have been going through quite a few posts but none of them gave me any detailed info about modifying the monster. my qns are:

1. should i change the tyres to tubeless or something better? if i should, what would be the best choice? and would it have an impact on the mileage?

2. many had written about K&N filters. what's the real use of changing the filters? i for one, am not a gr8 fan of altering the sound of the bike or reducing the mileage.

3. i would like to put a rear box or 2 rear boxes to carry stuff. would it be a good idea or am i simply killing the bike or its looks?

4. i have a bajaj aspire with me(explains in a way why i have fallen for avenger) and i have changed the head lamp to a halogen which worked real well. now should i do something similar to avvy?

5. lastly, whats the maintenance cost/annum and which is the best place to give it for service in bengaluru?

thanks in advance to all the bike lovers in helping me clear my doubts.

ajit

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th December 2009 at 19:45. Reason: Please read the note in your post carefully, thanks
Old 15th December 2009, 19:36   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvajit View Post
hi..i am planning to pick up a red avenger very soon..
a good machine it is for some relaxed riding.
Quote:
..my qns are:.. 1. should i change the tyres to tubeless or something better?
Better don't, it already has one of the fattest.
Quote:
.. 2. many had written about K&N filters. what's the real use of changing the filters? i for one, am not a gr8 fan of altering the sound of the bike or reducing the mileage.
Stock air box is good for low end torque. Just knN= increase (marginal) in response + much intake noise. So that too is a No by considering your mileage comment.
Quote:
..3. i would like to put a rear box or 2 rear boxes to carry stuff. would it be a good idea or am i simply killing the bike or its looks?
Good, put on both sides, it works as a restraint (width advantage!)for those traffic cutter guys coming too close from rear, safety but pillion riders may feel uncomfortable.
Quote:
..change the head lamp to a halogen which worked real well.now should i do something similar to avvy?
dude first see whats there. It should be a 60/55w halogen, again a stock high rating than most bikes around. well you can consider Osram Silverstar, Nightbreaker, Philips xtreme power, halonix +60 bulbs etc for increased output from same rating. Do search forum for lighting threads.

Last edited by Rennjit : 15th December 2009 at 19:41.
Old 15th December 2009, 23:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

My inputs inline. I have a 180cc one though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvajit View Post
hi..

i am planning to pick up a red avenger very soon. i have been going through quite a few posts but none of them gave me any detailed info about modifying the monster. my qns are:

1. I use 140's MRF Zapper Q. Not sure about mileage and engine was worked for more power

2. You will need to cut the airbox.

3. :|

4. It comes with halogen bulb.

thanks in advance to all the bike lovers in helping me clear my doubts.

ajit

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.
Old 22nd January 2012, 12:37   #7
BHPian

Re: modifications for my avenger

hi, this seem to be an old thread, but can anyone suggest if its a good idea to extend the length of the swing arm and install a fatter tyre on the avenger? maybe 150/110/15? thanks
Old 22nd January 2012, 15:08   #8
BHPian

Re: modifications for my avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by regnex View Post
hi, this seem to be an old thread, but can anyone suggest if its a good idea to extend the length of the swing arm and install a fatter tyre on the avenger? maybe 150/110/15? thanks
I would not recommend it. The stock 130/90 MRF tyre on the rear is fatter than most bikes. The skidding issues seen in Avenger are probably due to some other reason. You could replace it with a fatter tyre after it is worn out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks