Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2008, 12:20   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
R15 had been detuned according to the Indian Conditions. Else, both the bikes can run equally fast.
Being an R15 owner,I would like my bike to run faster an not equally fast. What about those 22 bhp remaps,guess its all false news.
Old 9th December 2008, 13:41   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARUL View Post
Being an R15 owner,I would like my bike to run faster an not equally fast. What about those 22 bhp remaps,guess its all false news.
lolz check out performance of R125 man. search for some videos on youtube. You will come to know what i'm talking about it. remaps can be done on R15.
Old 9th December 2008, 15:11   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
HMSI is not as agressive as Yamaha. They will & in fact do not need to react to competition from Yamaha in India. I will be more than happy if they prove me wrong!!!
If only Yamaha was more agressive, the brand almost died in India before coming back.
Old 9th December 2008, 15:57   #19
BHPian

Quote:
lolz check out performance of R125 man. search for some videos on Youtube. You will come to know what i'm talking about it. remaps can be done on R15.
So u saying that a remap can bring the devil within the R15.
Having worked the engine, I know how much pulp is there inside. Thats a different story altogether.
FYI, a 210cc full works T135 engine..with cams, 14000rpm CDI, big bore, high comp etc etc was pumping 28.3bhp at the rear wheel. This is a fully prepared drag engine and would hardly last a few hours of operation.
So you can imagine how true the de-tuned part of this 149cc puny motor is. Well this 17ps itself is a great thing.
To get more, u need to work inside. No shortcuts with an ECU or anything.

Joel
Old 9th December 2008, 16:07   #20
BHPian

Joel,the power commander ecu is available for the r125.Do you think it is compatible for the r15.
Old 9th December 2008, 16:16   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
So u saying that a remap can bring the devil within the R15.
Having worked the engine, I know how much pulp is there inside. Thats a different story altogether.
FYI, a 210cc full works T135 engine..with cams, 14000rpm CDI, big bore, high comp etc etc was pumping 28.3bhp at the rear wheel. This is a fully prepared drag engine and would hardly last a few hours of operation.
So you can imagine how true the de-tuned part of this 149cc puny motor is. Well this 17ps itself is a great thing.
To get more, u need to work inside. No shortcuts with an ECU or anything.

Joel
dude 17ps is the output by the engine, not the WHP. So, according to you ECU remapping is useless for R15?
Old 9th December 2008, 17:17   #22
BHPian

Honda definately is not doing this. The model is due for replacement. Atleast until that happens they are not launching the dated looking CBR against the R15. We deserve much better guys.
Old 9th December 2008, 17:35   #23
BHPian

i think Honda will definitely reduce the performance the bike for India & even make some changes for india & release it.
Old 9th December 2008, 18:45   #24
BHPian

Quote:
dude 17ps is the output by the engine, not the WHP. So, according to you ECU remapping is useless for R15?
The WHP for the R15 is 14.12bhp as per a dyno test.
An ECU cant do much if there is no masala in the engine. U'll have to work on it. Although yes an ECU module can give about 5-8% improvement in bhp and torque figures.
if you read my post above, I said its 28 odd bhp at the wheel on a fully blown big bore engine. The max a 149cc set up can pump is another 4-5bhp more. And it'll be a really radically blown set-up. you cant expect streetable reliability. It'll be a full race set-up and you need to really do some radical works. Anything more than this will need a big bore.
So the 22bhp claim with an ECU is a baked and cooked story. Hope u got what I meant.

@Tarul - The R125 power commander is an ECU module. It could be used. But remember its gonna cost u a bomb. Its a piggy back system. Your cut-off will remain the same. Not something that u can look at if you going racing.
Also our great R15 has some constraints in the cylinder head which prevents it from revving beyond 10500rpm in stock trim.
Old 9th December 2008, 19:12   #25
BHPian

Quote:
The WHP for the R15 is 14.12bhp as per a dyno test.
An ECU cant do much if there is no masala in the engine. U'll have to work on it. Although yes an ECU module can give about 5-8% improvement in bhp and torque figures.
if you read my post above, I said its 28 odd bhp at the wheel on a fully blown big bore engine. The max a 149cc set up can pump is another 4-5bhp more. And it'll be a really radically blown set-up. you cant expect streetable reliability. It'll be a full race set-up and you need to really do some radical works. Anything more than this will need a big bore.
So the 22bhp claim with an ECU is a baked and cooked story. Hope u got what I meant.

@Tarul - The R125 power commander is an ECU module. It could be used. But remember its gonna cost u a bomb. Its a piggy back system. Your cut-off will remain the same. Not something that u can look at if you going racing.
Also our great R15 has some constraints in the cylinder head which prevents it from revving beyond 10500rpm in stock trim.
One thing you forgot mate. Compression factor bet. R15 and CBR.
Roger about your funda regarding ECU Mapping you may be right because i don't know much about the bikes, just in the processes to gain some knowledge.

Then whats the difference bet. cbr and r15 which makes cbr more superior over r15 in terms of acceleration and top speed.

Compression? or the refinement?
Old 9th December 2008, 20:14   #26
BHPian

Dude its not the compression ratio alone.
There are many factors why an engine with even similar compression produces more power. There are factors like bore/stroke, dynamic compression, flow efficiency, valve sizes, cam character etc etc which determine the performance of a given engine.
For example, why would an RTR which has lesser compression than an R15, being a 2-valve engine, sporting an older-tech head still manage to fight with an R15? The RTR FI pumps 16bhp at the crank while the R15 also hardly procudes 16 and a bit bhp at the crank.
The state of tune of every engine is different and the spec sheet is also very decieving. real world performance is a lot different from theoritical quotes.
Come down to Chennai MMSC and you can see the TVS factory RTRs smoking the factory prep'd R15's on the same playing field. In the stock class races that too.
Old 9th December 2008, 21:20   #27
BHPian

Looks like we are deviating from the title of this thread. Anyways has anyone got the technical specs of the cbr 150R
Old 9th December 2008, 21:30   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Dude its not the compression ratio alone.
There are many factors why an engine with even similar compression produces more power. There are factors like bore/stroke, dynamic compression, flow efficiency, valve sizes, cam character etc etc which determine the performance of a given engine.
For example, why would an RTR which has lesser compression than an R15, being a 2-valve engine, sporting an older-tech head still manage to fight with an R15? The RTR FI pumps 16bhp at the crank while the R15 also hardly procudes 16 and a bit bhp at the crank.
The state of tune of every engine is different and the spec sheet is also very decieving. real world performance is a lot different from theoritical quotes.
Come down to Chennai MMSC and you can see the TVS factory RTRs smoking the factory prep'd R15's on the same playing field. In the stock class races that too.
Aha!! got your point. great.
but there is a huge difference, in the performance of CBR 150R and R15. Can you please point out what is making such a huge difference bet. the 2 bikes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARUL View Post
Looks like we are deviating from the title of this thread. Anyways has anyone got the technical specs of the cbr 150R
Honda CBR 150R coming to India to take on Yamaha YZF R15 : Bikes Guru

its there mate.
Old 9th December 2008, 22:24   #29
Senior - BHPian

The CBR 150 is a more racing oriented engine compared to the R15.
First of all its a DOHC with a true center plug and is a oversquare (short stroke) engine with 11:1 compression and makes peak power at 10,500 rpm. Not sure about valve sizes but it makes 19 bhp with carburettor (bikeguru spec is wrong)

The R15 engine is an enlarged version of a stepturu moped engine that is sold in Indonesia called T135. Its a SOHC, undersquare engine with 10.4 compression and makes 17 bhp at 8500 rpm with EFI. Its more modern than anything sold in India, but still not a pure racing engine like the CBR150, let alone the CRF150.

Quote:
So, any news on CBR 150R launch date?
Didn't you say that there was a launch confirmation in some newspaper. Times? Please elaborate more

Last edited by Mpower : 9th December 2008 at 22:26.
Old 9th December 2008, 23:33   #30
SYJ
BHPian

Even if it is launched, knowing Hero honda, in all probability, it'll just be another bike with the Hunk/ achiever/ xtreme 150CC engine, some flashy grafix and a dumb ad to boot!! When will they learn??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks