Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2008, 04:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

160 Kph Zma....!!

Hey all....

First off, I'm starting this thread at my friend's behest. Well, sort of. He hates publicity, and I couldn't help but share this unbelievable feat.

There have been various news of modded ZMA's doing the rounds, and here's the first official proof of what's been going on. Can't mention the source, but the following pic is of a genuine ZMA console, which is running NOS, ultra-high gearing, (read:tall; useless for in-gear roll-ons and 2nd gear drags) and some unmentionable engine mods. Apparently, the machine has clocked 160+ at the radar (speed gun). Purely for top-whack performance, this machine was purpose-built.

And before anybody asks, no, this pic wasn't photoshopped....well, perhaps edited to mask the engine RPM. I asked my bud what was the purpose of doing that, and he said the RPM reads were off the scales.

Although I haven't got the chance to verify this personally, I hope to do so soon...
Attached Thumbnails
160 Kph Zma....!!-zma-2.jpg  

Old 15th August 2008, 05:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

I wonder how someone managed to click this snap while doing 160 KMPH!!!
Old 15th August 2008, 05:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

Not again

I have seen zma's speedo doing 140 when revved at idle,there is an issue with zma's speedo,we just cannot trust this by looking at speedo pic

Sorry for another Post

If look at the pic carefully you can see photographer's reflection in the speedo,that sums it all
Old 15th August 2008, 07:48   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I haven't seen the speedo of a Kzma but from the pics it seems that the speedo has major markings at 20 KMPH and tops out at 200 KMPH. In that case, the speedo needle is touching close to 180 KMPH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
The answer is in the picture itself. Reflection of the person taking the picture.

Too good to be true...
Old 15th August 2008, 08:43   #5
BHPian

good !! mention the engine mods, how come he claims that the tacho has gone off scales ?
Old 15th August 2008, 08:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

If I am right, the reflection seems to be showing the hand and cam of the person who took. Does it mean he drove in one hand and took picture or there were 2 persons on the vehicle?
Either way, sounds too dangerous.
Old 15th August 2008, 08:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

No doubt its a zma speedo,but howcome the photographer was able to take the pic of just the speedo and not the tacho at such a speed,?
IMHO this aint for real people have been struggling to make a zma reach a true 140 and 160 with these so called suspicious mods,not possible.
A zma has a rev limiter at 9K RPM approximately and it does like 140 on speedo(125 true speed) at almost 8.5K-8.7K RPM,anything taller than final drive of zma would mean reduction in topspeed.
Old 15th August 2008, 09:05   #8
Senior - BHPian

More than the speed I am wondering how he managed to click the picture.And as khan says,the needle is closing 180.Its difficult to click the picture of a car speedometer doing 180 so one clicked of a bike surely requires talent or ortherwise.
Old 15th August 2008, 09:37   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post

Hehehe wondering the same

Reminds me og Movie Dhoom1 i guess hwere Abhishek Bachan stands when doing about 200kmph
Old 15th August 2008, 10:20   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587
I have seen zma's speedo doing 140 when revved at idle,there is an issue with zma's speedo,
Yes, some ZMA's speedos have had issues with the cable sensor located underneath; a faulty sensor causes the increasing current under high RPM's to be passed onto the console @ 0 kmph, causing the speedo needle to go up even though the vehicle is idle. I know so because I had to replace my sensor. For 2.7 grand. But that is not the case here.

@rranjith: The reason I say that the tacho read's off the scales is because he claims the upgraded ignition kit and lowered compression (to allow for nitrous at high revs) and lighter flywheel (customised; from the Ambition) allows the engine to rev to a mind-numbing 10,000 RPM+. Which is really superb, since the factory redline's set to 8500-odd. I really can't list the entire list of mods until I test the bike myself, since I need to believe that the setup works reliably....

For those doubting the pic itself, here's a pic of my very own ZMA, taken at a much more "normal" speed. This was taken at the palm beach road, on a very empty stretch, on normal day, in the safest way possible.

With the stock gearing, 14T front and 40 rear, and with 100/90 tyres, the bike manages to do an indicated 140 @ 8600 odd (indicated) RPM. Which means an actual speed close to 126, allowing for 10% error.

The 180 kmph speedo read at the console was apparently caught at the speed gun at 160-odd.

Since the bike's not in Mumbai, it'll be sometime before I can see it for myself....

P.S- that's my reflection in this console, and no, the vehicle wasn't idle when I took the pic...
Attached Thumbnails
160 Kph Zma....!!-02032008131.jpg  

Last edited by veyron1 : 15th August 2008 at 10:22.
Old 15th August 2008, 11:17   #11
BHPian

this i have to see myself 160 on a zma.well what could be these unspeakable engine mods that allow the bike to cross so much
well i hope u get to test your friends bike soon and give us a true account
Old 15th August 2008, 13:05   #12
Senior - BHPian

Yaar

I have nothing against your friend, but there is a complete world of difference between indicated 120 and 180 kph - this little something called wind drag which increases as a square function. so at 180 indicated, your wind drag would easily be twice. even with all nice jingbang mods, for your friend to NOT be crouched and taking a pic like that .... is simply testing the limits of my belief.

Suggest this thread be locked till some reasonable proof is shared.
Old 15th August 2008, 13:34   #13
BHPian

At 160 kmph you have to be lying on the tank you just cannot sit erect challenging the air
Old 15th August 2008, 13:52   #14
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
If I am right, the reflection seems to be showing the hand and cam of the person who took. Does it mean he drove in one hand and took picture or there were 2 persons on the vehicle?
Unless the other person was sitting in front of him or has a very good aim to click the speedo without seeing it
People have doubts over this being true with one person riding the bike and you reckon 2 people being on the bike ?

Sitting straight on a bike facing the wind at 160kmph ( Speedo reading close to 180 ? ) is pretty tough. Have faced winds at 120 on an RX 135 and can only imaging the wind at 160...

@ Veyron1 : would be nice if you can verify yourself and let us know, it'll be too good if its true...
Old 15th August 2008, 16:55   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman
Suggest this thread be locked till some reasonable proof is shared.
Holy cow. What more proof than an original pic of the console itself?? I didn't believe my ears when I heard this either, which is why this pic was given to me. The authenticity shall be verified, oh yes. It's only a matter of time. And I've seen super-modded Shoguns clock 140+, so anything's possible....

P.S- Can anybody see the pic being taken with the right hand? I can't. Or is it just me..??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks