Team-BHP - Suzuki's Second Strike - Launches GS150R w/ 6-speed
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Suzuki's Second Strike - Launches GS150R w/ 6-speed (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/44151-suzukis-second-strike-launches-gs150r-w-6-speed.html)

Suzuki's second foray at the Indian bike scene was after they parted ways with TVS and decided to go on their own. Their first attempts with the "Heat" and "Zeus" did nothing to heat up the battle nor juice our biking janata.

Now, they are back with a bike displacing a bigger heart and unlike the earlier bikes which looked like Chinese commuters lost in our lands, this bike does give the impressions that some work (even if it would mean 'copy' 'paste' the Pulsar, Apache design templates) has been put into before release.

My initial impressions after reading about this bike is that the thought process was similar to what Honda did with their Babycorn.. Er... Unicorn, save for the 6 speed tyranny to score brownie points.

Pic Courtesy

Looks neat...nothing too flashy or too boring. but it better have something unique because the segment is really really crowded..

and that block looks quite big for a 150cc-er

Heard that it is a Six speed and is actually based on a FU150 (HH Street kinda looking model available in indonesia).

Another 150 cc in the market and first impression is- why should the customer buy this bike over already available proven products. It's gonna be tough!!!

Thiyags

Finally the Japanese auto giant has woken up from its sweet slumber as it is planning to enter the competitive pricing war in the two-wheeler market. The auto-biggie is already selling its 125cc 'Heat' motorcycle with a competitive price tag closer to that of a 100cc.

The firm is now planning to target volumes by debuting the 100cc domain and is working on strategies to squeeze out profits from the extremely competitive entry-level segment. Atul Gupta, VP Sales & Marketing – Suzuki said that the company is planning to launch three new two-wheelers in the next two years and at least one of them will be a 100cc vehicle.

suzuki has launched a 150cc bike, GS150R - Drive me crazy

Suzuki launches GS150R | Vicky blog | Indian Automobile blog

Another Pulsar, RTR, Hunk is on the way, tired of same trend.

OMG earth shattering! when will these guys give us something in the 20-30 bhp range at least? same old cliched rant! >:-[

The pricing is just excellent!

Suzuki have to get aggressive about their marketing and increase the number of dealerships. In Mumbai, I'm yet to see a dealership. I believe there's just one - that too somewhere in the western suburbs. No surprise that I've not seen any of their current bikes (Zeus and Heat) on the roads. It's all Bajaj, Hero Honda and Honda over here. Occasionally, one gets to see a TVS Apache.

One more 150 with no saving graces other than the 6 speed box. I thik they are targeting the commuter segment. sigh!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 1027071)
Suzuki have to get aggressive about their marketing and increase the number of dealerships. In Mumbai, I'm yet to see a dealership. I believe there's just one - that too somewhere in the western suburbs. No surprise that I've not seen any of their current bikes (Zeus and Heat) on the roads. It's all Bajaj, Hero Honda and Honda over here. Occasionally, one gets to see a TVS Apache.

I have only seen the one at Orlem, Malad.

From the pics of the scanned brochure posted on the blog, the speedo console and the tail lights looks real snazzy. Neat styling touches on those parts.

suzuki bike's are so rare.zeus and heat -their models.
the lansa seems to have come in the right time with wrong model. now ,with R15 ,people are anticipating more better bike;not wanting pulsar like ones any more.

Here's a picture of the bike