Team-BHP - Navigating thru traffic on weekends. RTR Fi Recommended?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Navigating thru traffic on weekends. RTR Fi Recommended? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/44487-navigating-thru-traffic-weekends-rtr-fi-recommended.html)

Hi All,

I stay on the OMR behing Big Bazaar.
My wife and I usually go to RMZ (OMR), CMH , Indra Nagar and Thippasandra and within CV Raman Nagar for buying stuff. (Big Bazaar is walking distance so its no problem).
These days it is becoming increasingly difficult to travel to these places in the car, even though I go through the bylanes to avoid traffic.
Plus parking is a huge issue especially with CMH undergoing construction.
Even though the RMZ food court is less than a km and I usually walk to that place late nights I prefer driving because of safety reasons.
Taking a car till there has become a big pain because of the Jam at the KR Puram bridge extending till almost big bazaar and taking the u turn after shell can take upto half an hour.

I was thinking of buying the RTR Fi for travelling through congested roads (basically places where it is a pain to take the car) around my house. I dont really plan long journeys on this, just weekend shopping to areas within 3-4 kms max.

Any major shopping is done using the car and so are long drives.
Office travel is also 100% car, not comfortable with the stupid traffic in bangalore to ride my bike to office everyday.
From what I read about it, it is a nimble bike which is easy to weave through traffic with my wife as a pillion and will give decent avg too (about 50).
I will not use it too much so long hours on bike and posture issues will not be there.
I am also not too tall and avg built so dont think I will be too cramped.

Dont want to go in for any other bike, the only other thing i like is the Karizma which is ruled out because of cost and avg.

I am waiting for the ninja but then that is not something I can and will use for going thru the narrow lanes and for shopping :D heh heh

What do you suggest?
Bikers please advise.

No FE will be less than 50kmpl.

Thanks PraJEEP. I am ok with anything above 45 because these will be very short runs and not too often. Hell, my car has been giving me 12.5 kmpl because of this traffic.
I dont rip in the city and use AC 100% in the car.

You want a handy bike.
Why not buy a scooter like the Honda Aviator of Suzuki Access, so your wife can also use it if need be.

You dont really need The RTR FI for this.

Well I have always been bike crazy, I know I can go in for a scooter or any cheap bike that can just solve the purpose but then there is also the pleasure of riding it :D I know its a lil confusing but then I kind of liked this bike after the Karizma.
And then there is always a chance that I might wanna go for a longish ride, spur of the moment types heh he . Dont wanna do that on something that feels underpowered .

Its a classic case of " If you wanna ride, ride a white horse "

@sammyboy buy the bike and dont think too much buddy. Enjoy doing stuff like this when you can thats what life is meant to be like.
my 2 cents ie

Thanks Maddy , appreciate it. I guess I will take a test ride and if I like it, will just pick it up. Was just hoping for some feedback from the guys who have ridden the eFi before I take the plunge.

Hey Sammyboy,

I have not used the eFI RTR but have used the RTR 160 Carb version. It is a very nimble bike and very easy to maneuver in heavy traffic. Since the dimensions of the eFI and Carb RTR is the same, you should be able to handle it easily in the maddening traffic and small lanes. Hope this helps.

Well, you really need to prioritise your requirements first. Touring on occasions, or shopping?
If posture isn't that problem because of short sprints to shopping places, I guess making way through the traffic shouldn't be an issue either with the RTR or the ZMA...
And for your classic case, why not ride a white, big and royal horse? (read as ZMA)? ;-) which'd really be desirable for tourin.
IMHO, there's still no replacement for displacement!

Thanks abhinav.
five46 - The priority is quite clear, nimble bike for traffic conditions is the major one.
But then one really predict spur of the moment drives, can one?
I absolutely love the Karizma but then it will be much more expensive and I dont really wanna spend so much.
For the Royal horse, that will be the baby ninja, whenever it is launched.

Oks!
If baby Kwacker is in line, RTR should be fine till then.
It's a great bike.

Reminds me of one of the original advertisements for the Kawasaki Bajaj KB100:
"You can also ride it to the bazaar."

I'm also thinking of picking a new motorcycle up for use as a runabout - not decided yet. I could bring my KB125 here but then I wouldn't have a bike in Chennai. We're crazy, I tell you.

heh heh well I guess we were born crazy and then tbhp just spoilt us evn more.
Which bike are u planning to buy? I wll try to take a test ride this weekend and post the review :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboy (Post 948882)
Hi All,

I stay on the OMR behing Big Bazaar.
My wife and I usually go to RMZ (OMR), CMH , Indra Nagar and Thippasandra and within CV Raman Nagar for buying stuff. (Big Bazaar is walking distance so its no problem).

I was thinking of buying the RTR Fi for travelling through congested roads (basically places where it is a pain to take the car) around my house. I dont really plan long journeys on this, just weekend shopping to areas within 3-4 kms max.

Any major shopping is done using the car and so are long drives.
Office travel is also 100% car, not comfortable with the stupid traffic in bangalore to ride my bike to office everyday.

From what I read about it, it is a nimble bike which is easy to weave through traffic with my wife as a pillion and will give decent avg too (about 50).
I will not use it too much so long hours on bike and posture issues will not be there.
I am also not too tall and avg built so dont think I will be too cramped.

What do you suggest?
Bikers please advise.

You can go ahead and buy the RTR Fi and it will suit your needs. Travelling long distance on the RTR with a pillion could cause more strain to the wrist than while travelling alone. But since you're only going to use it for short rides it will not be much of a problem.

But to be frank an RTR Fi is over kill for your requirement :) But if you don't like the ordinary commuter bikes and would like to own something with a bit of style & attitude then go ahead bring it home!

You will definitely get 50kmpl with the RTR Fi, my collegue is getting 50+kmpl in the city on his carb RTR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 949394)

You will definitely get 50kmpl with the RTR Fi, my collegue is getting 50+kmpl in the city on his carb RTR.

Wow!!! What is his riding style like? All 3.5k rpm upshifts?