Team-BHP - Help Carburetor....Bullet 500>>or<<RD 350
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Help Carburetor....Bullet 500>>or<<RD 350 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/44923-help-carburetor-bullet-500-rd-350-a.html)

Guys need to fit a 28mm Carbs for my modded RX 135 (with Large RX king reeds)....I am looking for a good carb 28mm...Mechanic says he tunes an RD 350 carb but as it is very difficult to find one im planning for Bullet 500 vm28 Micarb one...Can anyone tell me the difference between a Bullet 500 vm28 Micarb carb and an RD 350 vm28 Mikuni carb(I kno micarb is a copy of mikuni)...Even I dont need the Oil Pump working....Now Is there any major difference between both the carbs considering the ventury,jets,needle pin or needle valve...I heard that guys hav successfully fitted out a Bullet 500 carb for their Yazdi Roadking which is a 2 stroker...:confused:
Im uploading somepics of bullet carb and rd carb

i'm not an expert on this by any means but from what i understand, the RD carb is what you should be looking at (over the bullet at least). try to import it through ebay or something. since it will come as a small package there won't be any problem of it being stopped on entry into india.

Bullet VM28 is optimised for a fourstroke engine. It's emulsion tube, needle jet is different from the RD's VM28. I don't know about the airjet size though. If you buy the Bull VM28 and replace the jets with RD VM's then it might be worth a shot.

I had used Bullet's VM28 on my RX135 5Speed a long long while ago. And it didn't perform good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 958440)
Bullet VM28 is optimised for a fourstroke engine. It's emulsion tube, needle jet is different from the RD's VM28. I don't know about the airjet size though. If you buy the Bull VM28 and replace the jets with RD VM's then it might be worth a shot.

I had used Bullet's VM28 on my RX135 5Speed a long long while ago. And it didn't perform good.

+1. The bullet carb, out of the box will be anaemic for the RX135. Change the main jet(Bullet uses 110 std) to at least 140(try getting a 165 and jet down). Pilot was 25 IIRC, try getting a 27.5 or more. Jetting will be more by trial and error, don't take my numbers too seriously.

If you are of the DIY kinds, try experimenting with an RD carb needle also(if you can locate one, in the first place).

OK Guys I bought a new Bullet 500 carb its costed Rs 1440/- so now I need to replace the bullet carb Main Jet,Pilot Jet,Needle Pin and Needle Valve with RD 350 ones...But Whats the size of RD Main n Pilot Jets...Or increasing the size of bullet Main jet n Pilot jet itself will help..!!:thumbs up

Guys I bought a new Bullet 500 carb which costed me Rs 1440/-. Now I have to rejet it to RD Jets...But can anyone give me the exact size of RD350 main jet and pilot jet...I got some sizes on the following link but I think they are not true...
http://www.braigasen.com/Mikuni_jett...two_stroke.htm
...site shows main jet 240 and PJ 22.5....Is it so!!!!

RD main jet is 140 (hex). Pilot is 25. Also change the needle jet (emulsion tube) and jet needle. Carb slide is different too. You can change the 500's slide cutaway to match the RD's by filing.

The problems you will face if you use a carb from the RD350 will be:
need to close/block off balance tube and lean running [ basicly thr carb is set to feed 175 cc cylinder.]
If you use a carb from a 500 bullet you will be running very rich and will need to scale down main and pilot jets.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 959065)
RD main jet is 140 (hex). Pilot is 25. Also change the needle jet (emulsion tube) and jet needle. Carb slide is different too. You can change the 500's slide cutaway to match the RD's by filing.

Ooops !! I forgot about the difference between HEX and round jet numbering.
Bullet 500 has 110(round) while RD has 140(hex) as Sankar pointed out.

Guys I hav fitted the carb on stock reeds n its working fine...But I still doubt that the carb will go lean for LARGE RACING REEDS...Will test out n let u kno...Anyways thanks guys...