Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2008, 13:26   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

My 1984 Ind Suzuki Ax100

Dear all - after reading the bikes section of Team-BHP, I am delighted to present the following information to you.

I am the proud owner of one of the first indo jap motorcycles ever to be sold in India. The bike is my 1984 IND SUZUKI AX100 MAV1494. The bike is in my mother's name from 04 September 1984. The RC book is in new condition as it is kept safely at home always. I can never forget that day. She recieved the keys from the renowned cricketer Sunil Gavaskar at a glittering ceremony on 04 September 1984. We paid Rs12200 on road in Mumbai with comprehensive insurance. The bike came with everything Japanese except for two tyres and two mirrors. Wheelrims are Tokaidenso. Lights are Kioto and Nipponsenso. All parts have "made in japan" etched on them, including the side indicator lenses, which still retain their original orange colour (no fading). The speedometer is Nippondenso, indicates speed and distance covered in miles, not in kilometers. All bulbs are still original and working. I used the bike regularly till recently, always on 93 Octane petrol. It is totally original and I will never change its characteristics in any way. Now it is retired and parked in my parking place. I have drained all fuel and covered it up. If I have to use it, I just have to put some fuel in it and start it, that's all. That's Japanese quality for sure.

Due to the nature of my work, I came in touch with the R&D boss of TVS Motors Mr.Arvind Pangaonkar and showed the photographs to him. He was very happy to see the bike exactly as it was delivered new to me in 1984.

IT WILL NEVER BE SOLD - EVER.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Attached Thumbnails
My 1984 Ind Suzuki Ax100-dsc00034.jpg  

My 1984 Ind Suzuki Ax100-dsc00035.jpg  

My 1984 Ind Suzuki Ax100-dsc00032.jpg  

DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th August 2008, 14:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

kudos to that, we have 3 of those back home, unfortunately one got stolen last year, but we still have two number of one is ATC 5556, the other is a later one i dont remember the number now, i will post the pics of those babies here as soon as possible, i always wondered if there was even one bhpian with one of these bikes and i found one at last kudos to that and cheers, ours are not in good condition they have been totally abused repaired abused repaired and like that they endured 4 rebores!!!

still the same chassis and all the original engine parts except for the bore not even the clutch plates have been changed, dont ask me about the eletricals all of them have been changed, but just look a the 4 rebore figure, that speaks volumes of the bikes robustness. just one word AWESOME piece of machinery mate, DONT SELL IT AND DONT STOP TAKEING GOOD CAR OF IT, all it would need is 5kms run once in a month thats all!

its too damn sentimental value to me at least as this was the first motor bike i learnt my riding on.
Old 30th August 2008, 14:48   #3
BHPian

Wow! that's a pristine specimen Mr. Behram Dhabhar. I know how hard it is to maintain this bike in that state as I have come across the hurdles with getting Suzuki/TVS Original spares when I embarked on my Shogun restore project and finally had to give up as the spares were not available.

It was my dream bike when it was launched (I was just learning to drive back then ).
Old 30th August 2008, 14:53   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Rider60 and Quicksilver for your comments - in all these years, I have covered only 40000 miles (64000 kms). And to top it all, from 1991 to 1998, it used to be parked out in the open even during monsoons.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 30th August 2008, 14:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

This is the baap of all TVS two strokes from Supra to Shogun to Shaolin! That's a wonderful example Mr Dhabar! Please post better pictures if you don't mind, i wish to see it from all angles

My uncle bought one of the very first models launched in Kerala. Him and my dad had to go to Cochin to bring the bike to Trivandrum.

If i remember correctly the early IND-Suzukis had a helmet lock on the handlebar.

Last edited by Sankar : 30th August 2008 at 14:55.
Old 30th August 2008, 15:32   #6
BANNED

Wow - what a beautifully maintained AX100.
The rear footpeg on the swingarm - the sign of a bike from the first lot.
Old 30th August 2008, 19:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
This is the baap of all TVS two strokes from Supra to Shogun to Shaolin! That's a wonderful example Mr Dhabar! Please post better pictures if you don't mind, i wish to see it from all angles

My uncle bought one of the very first models launched in Kerala. Him and my dad had to go to Cochin to bring the bike to Trivandrum.

If i remember correctly the early IND-Suzukis had a helmet lock on the handlebar.

tell me about it, the two bikes at home are Red in color, and the one got stole was blue, for some reason the blue color was intact even after abuse, but those red colors kind of faded and rusted at places for the kind of use/abuse we had for them.

our bike still has the helmet lock though the ATC 5556 wala, that bike was from the first lot the others were bought later on.
rider60 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2008, 19:32   #8
BANNED

me too had IND SUZUKI..and an Suzuki samurai 2000 model. But I felt Ax-100 was light in weight. and without any tuning..i have done wheeling..but samurai didnt.. i loved that indo japanese bike..was much reliable and quality was 100%. I sold it before 4 years...its an rugged bike..
Old 30th August 2008, 20:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

Wow thats one well kept AX100

I was very fond of the AX100s & absolutely loved the Supra when it came.

I believe this engine was last used in TVS MAX 100

Btw the seat looks modified.

Please share more detailed pics
Old 30th August 2008, 22:59   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Wow thats one well kept AX100

I was very fond of the AX100s & absolutely loved the Supra when it came.

I believe this engine was last used in TVS MAX 100

Btw the seat looks modified.

Please share more detailed pics
yes we have a max 100 too i mean one of my uncles have it, and its very popular in chennai, the home town of TVS company, thats that bike is the sole reason for the parts being available for the AX 100 too, and we have our AX 100s still running.
Old 30th August 2008, 23:42   #11
Team-BHP Support

Aah, I remember this as the first modern bike that washed away the old gen Yezdi, Jawa, Rajdoot bikes. I was in 11th grade when this came and many of my classmates upgraded from cycle to this. Never mind none of them were old enough to get a driving license.

I however continued using my Hero cycle which I got early that year for next four years.

It somehow looks skinnier than I remember it.
Old 31st August 2008, 01:33   #12
BHPian

This model was the first bike I could understand 80 kmph on good and steady. ! Those roads and those days (read fuel prices) sigh.

Awesome piece, an uncle owned one of the first 100 ones brought in by TVS (earlier IND Suzuki) into India. I do not recollect the number. Sweet piece.

Great going Dhabar Saheb, keep it in good shape. The choice of fuel may be cumbersome to obtain as not all pumps stock 91~93 ON.

Great going once again.

warm regards

M M

Last edited by mmmjgm : 31st August 2008 at 01:39. Reason: gramatical corrections
Old 31st August 2008, 02:16   #13
Senior - BHPian

Very Nice bike sir i just can belive that all is original. i am sure that this work horse now needs to relax so please if possible get the Luggage cage off the bike and i am not sure if the seat is the original shape. It is really inspiring. i will try to post up my Yamaha RX 100 Some time.
Old 6th September 2008, 12:13   #14
BHPian

finally saw it.
Always seen it covered in a covered garage.
Old 8th September 2008, 15:18   #15
BHPian

Brought back some very very sweet memories of the first vehicle that came into our family. This was my dad's first bike ( Ind-Suzuki /AX-100 / Blue !!! ). We had to sell it to buy a new bike back then. I still remember the 'Made-in-Japan' etched and was proud about the same ( eventhough I never rode that bike)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks