Team-BHP - Advice needed on Honda Dio - Used or New?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Advice needed on Honda Dio - Used or New? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/45315-advice-needed-honda-dio-used-new.html)

Hello Everyone,

After buying the Kinetic Sym Flyte, my dad who is having spondylytis problem, is very happy with it due to the front telescopic suspension and easy handling & ride quality in city traffic & bad roads. I will write out a full detailed review with pics of the Flyte when I get some free time from this maddening work schedule.

The reason to start this thread is because, now that my dad has hijacked the Flyte, wifey is left without a 2 wheeler for commute. We dont want one more Flyte in the family and wifey has taken a test ride of the Dio and is pleased with it. We first thought that a used Dio should do the job for us since we already have a new Flyte in the family. Enquiry in the used vehicle market left me shocked. Asking price for a 3 year old Dio is 32-35k and the dealers said they can seal it for 30k and nothing lower than that. This was exorbitant because, a new Dio in the showroom costs 41k without accessories and with accessories it should cost max around 43k. Now the catch here is that most of the dealers in and around B'lore are stating that there is a 1 month waiting period for Dio.

So am confused whether to settle for a used dio as i will be getting it immediately or compromise on the wait period/bribe honda guys(which i personally dont prefer) and get a new one a little sooner.

I would need you guys to help me answer the questions below to go ahead with my purchase. I need to decide max by next weekend. So please pour your thoughts at the earliest.

1) Is the waiting period being quoted by the dealers for real or are they just faking it to make more money (have read somewhere on T-Bhp that dealers were trying to make money on the side by creating artificial demand). After the launch of Suzuki Access and the huge waiting period for access, i am wondering if its still the same scenario with honda as well

2) Does a used Dio, command so much money and is it ok to go for 3 year old Dio (in terms of maintenance etc etc)

3) If the vote is for used dio, please let me know what are the things i need to check (Something similar to PDI for cars that we have) before going for the used one.

The booking/purchase decision has to be taken latest by next weekend. Budget for the new Dio is not a constraint but the wait time is. So any tips/tricks to reduce the wait time is most welcome. Thanks in advance for help guys!!

-Abhi

No such waiting periods pal, go to druvdesh honda at mekhri circle max 4 days you will get your dio. Go for red and black colour combo looks macho.

a month of waiting for a Dio?
:eek: Whats this world coming to? This is mostly B.S made up by the dealer. Is the used Dio being sold by the dealer ? If yes then he wants to dispose of this old bike.

last month i bought dio from druvdesh honda. initially they told i have to wait for 3 to 4 weeks, later they reduced to 1 week.

once i told i will be paying full amount while booking they told they will give it within 5 days. booked it on 11th Aug paying full amount. on 12th afternoon the sales executive called and told that the vehicle is going for registration. got the vehicle on 13th.

Go for New Dio. Try another dealer. They may give the vehicle in max 7 days as you are paying 100%. 1 month is too much a waiting period for a Dio. The 32K for 3 year old Dio makes no sense a if you put in another 9k you will be getting a new one where the resale value will also be better. Try getting that during Dasara festival as you may get some goodies as gifts or some % off for the vehicle purchase.

Quote:

Originally Posted by praJEEP (Post 967151)
No such waiting periods pal, go to druvdesh honda at mekhri circle max 4 days you will get your dio. Go for red and black colour combo looks macho.

Thanks prajeep.. Will check it out on Monday.. Was thinking of going for the blue and black color, but will check out the red and black as well and decide!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregory (Post 967355)
a month of waiting for a Dio?
:eek: Whats this world coming to? This is mostly B.S made up by the dealer. Is the used Dio being sold by the dealer ? If yes then he wants to dispose of this old bike.

I thought so too.. but most of the dealers in Koramangala and Jayanagar said the wait time is 1 month. Not too sure of the old dio though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepak_ms (Post 967373)
last month i bought dio from druvdesh honda. initially they told i have to wait for 3 to 4 weeks, later they reduced to 1 week.

once i told i will be paying full amount while booking they told they will give it within 5 days. booked it on 11th Aug paying full amount. on 12th afternoon the sales executive called and told that the vehicle is going for registration. got the vehicle on 13th.

This is good to know info since i will be paying 100% during booking itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 967399)
Go for New Dio. Try another dealer. They may give the vehicle in max 7 days as you are paying 100%. 1 month is too much a waiting period for a Dio. The 32K for 3 year old Dio makes no sense a if you put in another 9k you will be getting a new one where the resale value will also be better. Try getting that during Dasara festival as you may get some goodies as gifts or some % off for the vehicle purchase.

Yep decision is for the new dio.. Will try Dhruvdesh honda on Monday and get more info!!

I am bad at judging/deciding on ungeared scoots as Flyte was my first & I hardly got to use it as my Dad hijacked it and i used to use the company transport.
So a quick query to all experienced ungeared scoot owners - When enquiring with the dealer, he said there are 2 versions of Dio, Dio and Dio Sport. He was rather in a hurry to hang up the phone and did not give much details of the Dio Sport... So could you guys please give me more info on the Sport model.
Also generally, is the ride quality on bad roads good in the dio..? The few times that i have used the Flyte, i felt that the ride quality on the bad roads is pretty good.

I am also on the lookout for a motoscooter. Enquired today at Advaith Suzuki on South End Road for Access. Hold your breath.. he says waiting period is 10 months!! I dint know what to react on hearing that just walked out of the showroom.
Are we back to the days of the license Raj or is Suzuki Access a custom made model for every individual?

Quote:

Originally Posted by superamerica (Post 968175)
I am also on the lookout for a motoscooter. Enquired today at Advaith Suzuki on South End Road for Access. Hold your breath.. he says waiting period is 10 months!! I dint know what to react on hearing that just walked out of the showroom.
Are we back to the days of the license Raj or is Suzuki Access a custom made model for every individual?

Oops!! 10 months waiting period is too much. I also had an idea of buying Suzuki access 125. I hear good reviews on access 125.

People who have the suzuki access 125 can share their experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by superamerica (Post 968175)

When i was hunting for an ungeared scooter Suzuki showroom guys said the waiting period was 6 months!!! That was 6 months back. 10 months is too much.

Are they making babies:uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by mail4loys (Post 968583)
When i was hunting for an ungeared scooter Suzuki showroom guys said the waiting period was 6 months!!! That was 6 months back. 10 months is too much.

Are they making babies:uncontrol

Rofl @making babies..!!.Go for a new dio dude, mast bike hai.honda reliablity at its best.I have a 2003 dio which has done 1 lakh kilometers,yes u read it right 1 lakh kilometers with the same plastic body i got it when it was new,yes it rattles with time but there is nothing that cant be fixed, bullet proof reliablity, awesome pickup, good handling and super headlights.

Quote:

Originally Posted by humyum (Post 968646)
Rofl @making babies..!!.Go for a new dio dude, mast bike hai.honda reliablity at its best.I have a 2003 dio which has done 1 lakh kilometers,yes u read it right 1 lakh kilometers with the same plastic body i got it when it was new,yes it rattles with time but there is nothing that cant be fixed, bullet proof reliablity, awesome pickup, good handling and super headlights.

Thanks a lot! Any ideas whats new about the Dio Sport.. Is it a more powerful scoot compared to ordinary Dio or is it only graphics..? Have not been able to get hold of a sane Honda guy to tell me what it is.

Please let me know since the booking will be done this Saturday.. Decision is made on new Dio but just waiting to get more info on the Sport so that i can decide whether to go for the Sport or the ordinary one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.s (Post 969101)
Thanks a lot! Any ideas whats new about the Dio Sport.. Is it a more powerful scoot compared to ordinary Dio or is it only graphics..? Have not been able to get hold of a sane Honda guy to tell me what it is.

Please let me know since the booking will be done this Saturday.. Decision is made on new Dio but just waiting to get more info on the Sport so that i can decide whether to go for the Sport or the ordinary one.

Right choice bro, u sure are gonna have fun with the dio.
Dio sport is the same everything with just sticker jobs,looks pretty funny.

Heres the link to the honda site which has all the colours and also the dio sport.

HMSI --> Products --> DIO --> Specifications

Quote:

Originally Posted by humyum (Post 969181)
Right choice bro, u sure are gonna have fun with the dio.
Dio sport is the same everything with just sticker jobs,looks pretty funny.

Heres the link to the honda site which has all the colours and also the dio sport.

HMSI --> Products --> DIO --> Specifications

Thanks a lot for the speedy response humyum... Much appreciated. Decision taken. Will book it this Saturday. It would be the sport if the wifey is ok with the flashy sticker jobs. Else it will be normal one. Also having a tough time in deciding between Blue and Red. Dont know which one i will choose at the time of booking. May turn out to be a spur of the moment decision on the color. :)

Just spoke to the Dhurvdesh Honda and Haiku Honda guys. They are saying that there is a wait period of 30-40 days. Their explanation is that there are about 200 vehicles still pending to be delivered and they are only getting 10 Dio's per consignment. Dont know how far this is true. Though i told them that i am ready to pay full cash upfront, they are not ready to budge from their stand that it will take 30-40 days for delivery.

Kinetic was much better in the sense that when i said i will pay full cash for the Flyte, though he did not have black color in stock, he got it by evening and the bike was registered the next day and delivered. He also gave a handsome discount on the on-road price of the vehicle as well. I am almost thinking to go for flyte but family members dont want another flyte itself and want a taste of Honda scoot.

Is it worthy to try in the showrooms on the outskirts of the city like Peenya or whitefield etc. Am not having too much of hopes.. but will try and see today!!!

I cannot comment on Dio, but when I booked my activa a month back, I was initially told that the waiting period is 1 week for all colors, except black (my choice) for which the waiting time is 15 days. When I made the full cash payment, somehow, the time got reduced to 7 days flat. Even about the Dio also, I was roughly quoted the same timelines. Try various dealers to get the correct information on the dates.