Team-BHP - Fork/Swingarm change for Yamaha RX135
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Fork/Swingarm change for Yamaha RX135 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/45418-fork-swingarm-change-yamaha-rx135.html)

Hi Guys
I have an old RX135 (1999 model) which incidently was my first bike and something i really love a lot. Over the years the bike has had some falls and some mishandling during my various transfers (darn gati guys). Due to this the front fork has bent a little and there is always some sort of alignment problem with the rear swingaram. This results in a really stiff ride and driving straight in rains becomes a real adventure. I've come up with the below measures which i hope will be able to help me out and i need your feedback/opinion on the same.
1. Change the front fork and rear swingarm with something from a new age bike.
2. Change the rear suspension with SnS or gas charged ones
3. Change the tyres with better profiles (may be from gladiator)
4. Related changes like chain/chain sproket.

Pl let me know if this looks like a good plan and if possible suggest changes
also which are the bikes who would have the same dimensions of fork/swingarm which i can use to change the same in my bike

Thanks
Vikas

1. Change the front fork and rear swingarm with something from a new age bike.
2. Change the rear suspension with SnS or gas charged ones
3. Change the tyres with better profiles (may be from gladiator)
4. Related changes like chain/chain sproket.

1.if you want upgrade your front drum brake to disk brake so old pulsar's disk unit with rim is direct fit or galdiator's disk disk setup is direct fit.

2.pulsar rear gas shocks are direct fit.

3.galdiator's tyre or zapper c in 18" is good option.

4.original or stock chain set is better for overall.

1. Get P180 shocks and disc kit alongwith wire wheels for the front. rear, get another RX swingarm. good enough.

2. Get pulsar classic spring shocks if you're 80+/ride with pillion, or SnS if you're around 70 and dont rie with pillion.

3. stick with stock tyre sizes.

4. again stick with stock parts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyBoi (Post 969944)
1. Get P180 shocks and disc kit alongwith wire wheels for the front. rear, get another RX swingarm. good enough.

2. Get pulsar classic spring shocks if you're 80+/ride with pillion, or SnS if you're around 70 and dont rie with pillion.

3. stick with stock tyre sizes.

4. again stick with stock parts.

1. Rims: The stock wired ones are now rusted and given the road conditions in Pune the alignment is always a problem. Hence i want to graduate to alloys/broader rubber

2. Front fork is bent at couple of places and hence need replacement as well. Will the Pulsar fork fit in without any modifications.

3. Rear swigarm - Again needs change. i thought why not change it to a square cross section swingarm.

4. I'ld like to retain the chain sprocket assembly and have a broader tyre at back. again alloys are preferable

Quote:

Originally Posted by VixY (Post 970499)
1. Rims: The stock wired ones are now rusted and given the road conditions in Pune the alignment is always a problem. Hence i want to graduate to alloys/broader rubber

2. Front fork is bent at couple of places and hence need replacement as well. Will the Pulsar fork fit in without any modifications.

3. Rear swigarm - Again needs change. i thought why not change it to a square cross section swingarm.

4. I'ld like to retain the chain sprocket assembly and have a broader tyre at back. again alloys are preferable

1. get new CBZ front rim. stick with stock size.

2. get pulsar classic forks, ones that came with the earliest pulsars. direct fit.

3. square where all showoff with no purpose. get another good RX swingarm.

4. rear, get a CBZ rear rim and a 90/90 or 3.25 tyre. anything more than that is overkill for an RX.