Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2008, 22:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Stock main jet is 125. I don't know for sure how lean the bike is running now as i haven't done a plug chop yet. It must be lean that's usually the case with factory jetting.
Old 10th September 2008, 01:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

^^ thanks for the info Sankar, please update the thread if you do any modifications
Old 10th September 2008, 08:15   #18
BHPian

@Sankar,
I have tried the cbz carb,and also the yamaha rx135 carb on my bike,the yamaha came with no tps,was much fun to ride and gave a good pick up,i have the pics in my orkut account ,i dont know if ur on orkut.

Bypassing the TPS,i have used my bike with the yam carb for nearly seven months and had no issues except for runnig a little rich in the primary circuit,the best part was i didnt require to use the choke at all, it would crank in a single fire and would idle great,the acceleartor cable does rewuire to be modified and a little to the carb as well....

Heres a link of the pic which is in my orkut account.....
http://www.orkut.co.in/AlbumZoom.asp...=5&aid=1#pid=5
Old 10th September 2008, 09:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Btw yesterday i found out that Mikuni and Keihin have different Jet numbering schemes. Keihin 125 jet is equivalent to Mikuni 110 jet No wonder that it feels lean.

And i've also found out that if TPS is disconnected the ignition map would go to the WOT mode. So there's hope without TPS.
Old 10th September 2008, 16:09   #20
BHPian

so would a mikuni 120 be equivalent to a keihin 140
i guess the mikuni then would be easier to source

we could get factory jets rather than have to bore the existing keihins
Old 10th September 2008, 16:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

Yes that's how it looks like. If the Mikuni's TPS would work with the Karizma then yes it should work fine. Would the Keihin's TPS fit on Mikuni BS carb? Anyone know? I haven't been with these new gen carbs long to know em good enough

How i wish Karishma had a TPS switch like the old Suzuki Fiero's where the switch was independent of the carb.
Old 11th September 2008, 07:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
@Sankar,
I have tried the cbz carb,and also the yamaha rx135 carb on my bike,the yamaha came with no tps,was much fun to ride and gave a good pick up,i have the pics in my orkut account ,i dont know if ur on orkut.

Bypassing the TPS,i have used my bike with the yam carb for nearly seven months and had no issues except for runnig a little rich in the primary circuit,the best part was i didnt require to use the choke at all, it would crank in a single fire and would idle great,the acceleartor cable does rewuire to be modified and a little to the carb as well....

Heres a link of the pic which is in my orkut account.....
http://www.orkut.co.in/AlbumZoom.asp...=5&aid=1#pid=5
Oh i haven't noticed this reply all this while! I was on Orkut but i'm not there now, i removed my account as i got bored with Orkut.

I'm very glad to know that it worked without TPS for you. How was the performance with the CBZ carb? Are you back to CV carb now? Could you please post the photos here?
Old 11th September 2008, 07:56   #23
BHPian

@Sankar,
Yes i will post the pics, just give me few days,as am in srilanka at the moment and the pics are on home pc........
Old 11th September 2008, 08:59   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
There will be Loud Knocking/Ratlling sound at Idling(you might experience this even after warming up the engine in case the tensioner is completely Kaput).
This noise can be easily noticed at cold starts,once warmed up the noise usually goes away.
Exactly.
Has happened with my bike too once, in it's 3 years of ownership.
Newer Karizmas don't have this problem and the older ones can have it rectified by using the New tensioners that HH is supplying. The identification mark - The New ones come with a WHITE DOT on them.
I wouldnt use some stupid nut bolt method when you get the new tensioner easily.

The Keihin carb is good enough for the job. It's underjetted for economy and ZMA heads dont flow too much. Jet it right. Have a go at the head concentrating on removing JUST casting flaws and very very minor touching/smoothing of ports and you'll see a noticeable improvement.

Happy Riding.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks