Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2008, 13:19   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
Why are you hell bent on reading between the lines pal? I think he said "Yamahas are not popular BECAUSE they perform better than Shogun BUT because they are built better".

I tend to agree with that statement. I have never owned a Yamaha but I did own a Shogun albeit for a short period of time and I still have that flame burning inside me to buy a Shogun in pristine condition.

That said, you cannot deny the fact that the RX100's are still running strong with almost all parts easily available and there are hardly any Shoguns that are in original shape anymore. Even when the bike was new, it had issues with body panels coming loose, rattling, braking issues etc.

Only wish TVS had paid more attention to this model.
Hey QuickSilver, I totally agree. all said and done My Shogun feels, rides, looks better than any yamaha out there, I'm still looking for the Front visor. And the next good shogun that comes my way will be brought down to Cmbt
cheers
Old 7th October 2008, 15:38   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
Hey QuickSilver, I totally agree. all said and done My Shogun feels, rides, looks better than any yamaha out there, I'm still looking for the Front visor. And the next good shogun that comes my way will be brought down to Cmbt
cheers
Greatly appreciate that pal. It will be a permanent addition to my garage! I pray your friend gets that overseas assignment soon

Look at that signature! the best of everything huh? way to go my friend.
Old 23rd March 2009, 17:12   #33

Hi. i am a proud owner of Shogun (black) of 1999, i am looking for the following original parts! Right now undergoing a paintjob.

Front headlamp assembely, fairing, & visor,
Stickers on tank, side cowls,
tail lamp.
Clutch assembly!

I shall be thankful, if you can help me by providing the address from where i can the above mentioned parts anywhere in bangalore/mysore!

Regards,
brijesh mandanna
+90 9980157167
brijeshmandanna1984@gmail.com
Old 24th March 2009, 01:48   #34
Senior - BHPian

^^^Dude, why do you want the gun's headlamp assembly? It simply does not give a good light output. Unless you want to retain the stock look, there seems to be no reason to want the gun's pathetic headlamp assy. You could consider the headlamp assy. of bikes like Samurai/Pulsar, etc... ones that can fit in the gun's bracket. This has been discussed in another thread "best bulb for Shogun" or something similar. Do search if intrested.
Old 20th August 2009, 19:20   #35

Higuys / shogunites! i own a 1999 model shogun (second hand) though the performance is good but the exhaust sounds like that of a samurai, instead of the original buzzing sound (i really miss it as i can hear in other shogun's. it is indeed a original shogun exhaust. please advise what modifications can be done to get rid of that sound. i dont want to use a performance chamber right now.
Old 21st August 2009, 02:07   #36
BHPian

check the flute to see if its the original. the sound will have to do with your whole silencer unit. Did you de- carb the unit any time? A good Shogun mechanic will be able to help.
All the Best.
Old 21st August 2009, 02:18   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brijeshmandanna View Post
Higuys / shogunites! i own a 1999 model shogun (second hand) though the performance is good but the exhaust sounds like that of a samurai, instead of the original buzzing sound (i really miss it as i can hear in other shogun's. it is indeed a original shogun exhaust. please advise what modifications can be done to get rid of that sound. i dont want to use a performance chamber right now.
Just change the glass wool inside the silencer. I belive its called sound absorber. I had an issue with the sound of my gun too. After it was replaced, my gun's roar changed quite a bit. The job was done by my TVS ASC. I was told that the old glass wool was totally saturated with oil and that was causing the issue. Its quite cheap to do.

Last edited by Raccoon : 21st August 2009 at 02:20.
Old 21st August 2009, 09:43   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brijeshmandanna View Post

Is the system de-carbonized? please check that and than replace the the glass wool [this tends to get clogged by oil]. Please go to a mechanic who knows shoguns, or authorized service.
The sound is one hell off a track to hear on a empty road on a Sunday morning. and let people know your coming.

Last edited by dinar : 21st August 2009 at 09:50.
Old 9th January 2011, 20:25   #39
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Shogun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P180V1 View Post
I have a SHOGUN for sale if you're interested call me on 98451 23554. More info can be given on phone.

CHEERS,
G D
Thera is NO Shogun for sale, please do not call.

CHEERS,
G D
Old 11th January 2011, 12:58   #40
BHPian

how much does a Shogun sell for now days???
Old 20th April 2011, 23:04   #41
BHPian

Suzuki Shogun Spares issue

Hi,

I have a 1994 Model Shogun. The Manifold and the rubber casing [from Carb to the airfilter] has cracked. I am unable to find spares. Can anybody help me out ?

Thanks in advance.

-Harshavardhan
Old 9th November 2011, 11:28   #42

Hi guys,

I have a 98 Model which has done abt 75K (speedo was not working for abt 2-3 years in between). Its quite hard maintaining the bike. Even when I was in Pune, finding the spares was quite a task. Now am in Guwahati and have to search for places which mod RXs. I see a lot of restored RX 100s and RXGs on road here. What I will not do to get this bike in its old condition. Not that it doesnt run well now.

I cant fforget the old days when the only bike which could give competition was another shogun. I am not bringing RDs coz most guys who had them never bothered abt us, still I do remember beating them in traffic. We used to have these races across our football, hockey and handball courts over to a tarmac square (used to be our parade ground) and back. Mostly drag races but the U turn at the end of the tarmac field was quite tricky. I had never witnessed an RX defeating a Shogun during those races. Pulsars (even 180s) would never even try to race with us during those days. Even in traffic, it was difficult for 180 pulsar to keep pace with this shogun.

One of my seniors had modified his shogun and was the best rider I have seen in years. Even after moving to states, just to keep the memories, got 'SHGUN' on his bikes number plate.

For five years (till 2003) I had hardly faced competition on roads. Then I had this accident which tore my ACL in the left knee and slowed me down. Even now, once in a while I take my bike to 80 in the third gear just to get the thrill of driving it. And I cant buy or ride any of these new 4-stroke bikes. I would rather drive my santro or swift.

Just searching for the right place to get it restored.

Cheers

Sibi
Old 9th November 2011, 16:54   #43
BHPian

I have a Shogun in working condition, single owner, and UP number. If someone may be interested, we can get in touch....!
Old 3rd May 2012, 17:05   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhey View Post
I have a Shogun in working condition, single owner, and UP number. If someone may be interested, we can get in touch....!
have been looking for one.. does it have all stock parts including the front facia ??? how much are you looking for it ??
Old 3rd May 2012, 18:24   #45
BHPian

I am sending you a PM

Most Viewed