Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2012, 20:25   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suzuki Shogun.

Shogun is an awesome bike.

I am probably one of the first few owners. bought it in mid 1993, even before it was launched, though some contacts.

People used to look at it with so much curiosity, even some car owners stopped me and asked if it was imported. Those looks I did not get even when I bough Civic at the time of launch.

It had better braking than M-800 (60-0) as per specifications and I also felt the same.

I kept it till 1996.

Thanks for reminding me those days with this thread.
Old 3rd May 2012, 21:13   #47
BHPian

hi all,
i am again looking for Suzuki shogun for sale in and around Bangalore,if any one has any idea about the same, please pm me.

regards
alias
Old 6th July 2015, 07:04   #48
Senior - BHPian

" The 'gunners' are raring to go "

Deepa Natarajan Lobo,June 30, 2015, DHNS

The members of Suzuki Shogun Club ride with pride. Be it the sound of the machine or the look of it, every aspect of the two-stroke bike attracts them to it. The bike, which was manufactured in the 90s, was every college student’s dream bike those days. And for these members, who call themselves the ‘gunners’, nothing much has changed over the years.

“I had bought it back then,” reminisces Jaswant, a businessman, who started the club in the City in August 2012 with 15 members. Now, the members of the Shogun clubs from various other cities join these bikers on their rides too. “We have a pan-India presence and sometimes, we have members from Mysuru and Hubballi joining us. We are highly grateful to the Mysuru ‘gunners’ for helping us with everything,” he adds.

Some of the members just love the sound of the Shogun. Says Rishith, a student, “One of my brother’s friends had it and I would often see it. I loved it so much that I ended up buying it. My favourite part about it is the sound!” According to him, it’s just the ideal bike, to which Rahul Ravishankar, a business, adds, “These bikes were developed on the race tracks. So they give a good competition to four-stroke bikes.” Rahul feels that the Suzuki Shogun is lighter to ride than an Activa! “It’s very easy to ride them on the roads,” he notes.

The group has done many long-distance rides to places like Nandi Hills, Chikkamagaluru and Ooty. Every year, they organise a ride on August 15 and this year too, they plan to go to Sakleshpur. Jyothirmoy, an engineering student who is one of the youngest members, is looking forward to this ride. “I have missed out on all the other long rides, so this will be my first one,” he exclaims. Another member who enjoyed the Ooty and Chikkamagaluru rides is Sai Som, a sound designer. “It has been two years since I joined the club and I have made some great memories. The only challenge is to find spare parts.” 

For Mahesh, a mechanical engineer, it’s all about the friends that he has made in the club. “Once a month, we meet in Airlines Hotel for breakfast and go for a ride. It’s just great to meet a set of like-minded people,” he informs. Dhruva agrees as he says, “The best part about our meetings is that everyone knows what the other person is talking about.” He further adds, “In fact, my son has become as passionate about the Shogun as me.”

Rahul Roy, another regular member, has wonderful memories attached to the bike. “When I was around 13 or 14, my brother put me on the tank of his friend’s Shogun bike and took me for a ride! I was so scared back then but I just loved the bike. I ended up getting it later,” he smiles. “The bikes are simple so it’s fun to work on them,” he adds.

Ask Ajith what brought him to the club and he says, “It was a long search online! I used to see many active bike groups on Facebook and would always look for a Shogun bike club. When I came across this club, I was so happy.”

All the members agree on one more thing — they can’t help but give the bike a second look each time.

“My parents always tell me that I am washing my bike half the time while the other half, I am admiring it,” jokes Jyothirmoy. For details, call 9886148380.
Old 29th June 2018, 11:51   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Dunno if this is the correct thread to post, didn't think it warranted a new thread, so here goes:

What's the best way to sell a Shogun that's not in running condition?

I have a '94 Shogun; am the second owner, picked it up from the first owner in college. I ran it till 2008, kept in in good shape till then, even picked up a new engine block along the way. But from 2008, it's just been lying at home. Covered parking and under cloth sheets.

I don't have the patience or the know-how to go in for a restoration and so am looking to sell it off. Don't care about the price. (My wife won't let me buy another 'fun' bike till I get rid of it! )

Any ideas on what's the legal way to go about things? Since it's not running, does it qualify as a 'bike' sale? Or do I need to 'scrap' it and then sell it? Of course, I need it to be transferred to the new owner's name, I have all the original papers. And I'd rather not sell to middle-men or brokers/mechanics.

Thanks in advance for your time. Once I figure out the best way to go about things, will post the pics in the Classifieds section here.

Last edited by am1m : 29th June 2018 at 12:00.
Old 29th June 2018, 12:46   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post

Any ideas on what's the legal way to go about things? Since it's not running, does it qualify as a 'bike' sale? Or do I need to 'scrap' it and then sell it? Of course, I need it to be transferred to the new owner's name, I have all the original papers. And I'd rather not sell to middle-men or brokers/mechanics.

Thanks in advance for your time. Once I figure out the best way to go about things, will post the pics in the Classifieds section here.
First is finding an interested party who would want to restore it. Should not be very difficult. Then you can make a sale agreement and share it with copies of documents, while allowing them to check the originals in person. Once the restoration is done, you can engage an agent to get the FC done, pay tax arrears and transfer to new owner. Be upfront about the condition and these terms.

Or you can find a garage and get it repaired, to make it road worth and for FC. Then with clear papers, demand a better price and sell. Hard part is finding a good mechanic, but definitely folks in Team BHP will be able to help you.

Or if you want to gift, i can give you few interested parties
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2018, 13:23   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
First is finding an interested party who would want to restore it. Should not be very difficult. Then you can make a sale agreement and share it with copies of documents, while allowing them to check the originals in person. Once the restoration is done, you can engage an agent to get the FC done, pay tax arrears and transfer to new owner. Be upfront about the condition and these terms.
Thank you for the detailed advice! I think this is the best way to go. Already have a couple of PMs in my inbox, will follow up with them.

Quote:
Or you can find a garage and get it repaired, to make it road worth and for FC.
As sacrilegious as this might sound on a petrol head forum like ours, am not at all interested in doing this! I don't have the time, patience or mechanical know-how for this. Any mechanic who sees me coming will rub his hands together and start planning on building an additional floor for his house with the funds he can swindle me out of! I had a great time with this bike, but personally, I don't see the point of going through the pain of a restoration to end up with a bike that is quite frankly, less powerful, less safe and harder to maintain than almost any modern bike. Nostalgia apart, there will be no point for me.

Quote:
Or if you want to gift, i can give you few interested parties
Hey, if none of the other options work out, I might just get back to you on that. I'd rather give it to someone known, or a TBHPian than some shady middleman looking to make a quick buck.

I must clarify the earlier post, the new engine block I mentioned is already on the bike. I meant to say got the engine block changed around 2005. I do not have an additional block.

Last edited by am1m : 29th June 2018 at 13:24.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks