Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2008, 18:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8erboi View Post
Well, nice mods actually.. but nothing much usefull i guess...
I'm on the learning curve with this bike. It will take a bit of time.

I've put the resonator back on.. and yes there was a difference without the resonator.

Quote:
Could you post pictures of the Philips bulb and the pirelli tyre ??
Will do that in a couple of days.

Quote:
only major change in the "R'" model is that it come with 6wet clutch plates instead of 5 in earlier models...
Why did HH add an extra clutch plate? I don't think there was any clutch related issues on the older model.

Quote:
not much to be done inside actually... though you can increase its looks how ever you want..
I'm not much into bodywork mods. Stock is fine enough for me.

Quote:
Did you test the Topend on that tyres ?? Check this out
My Stock Karizma Test..
Is that your bike? It's good Took some time after 120 though. It doesn't sound stock btw.

I checked mine, but it was not a proper top speed test. I went a lil higher than 120 wasn't crouching down. Had to back out as i was approaching intersections.

Quote:
My suggestions for lighting is to go for HID (perhaps a 55w kit).. its an easy fit to your bike, can be installed in 10mins, with out anyones help... since all the electricals in ZMA is three phase,
Yep HID is what i want, it will have to wait for the time being. I need a H4 HID HI/LO 4300k kit.

Quote:
Can i know the reason behind removing the engine crowl.. cuz its kinda designed with an opening to suck air into the engine for better cooling.. and it prevents mud from being deposited which inturn helps cooling/cleaning...
The cowl was a major hindrance as i wanted to install a pair of nice windtone horns. Then after i removed it i kinda liked the look of the bike without the cowl, looks much more sleeker. Removing the cowl made it easier for me to wash the engine crankcases and cylinder. Mud was getting sprayed on to the engine even with the cowl on, and the cowl made it harder to clean the bike. Airsupply is not an issue engine isn't getting excessively hot.

Latest keeda:
I disconnected the TPS wire from the CDI. Reason: I want to know how the bike will run without TPS because i'm planning to put a carb without TPS couple of months down the line and i'm ordering jets for the carb only after i figure out how the bike will run without TPS.

Observation:
Low end is ok.. midrange seems a bit low. Top end has not been checked yet, but what i have been reading on the Net leads me to believe that top end performance will not change much.

Jets for the Keihin should arrive in a week or two. First i will see how the stock carb behaves with TPS then i shall try out the other carb without TPS.
Old 24th September 2008, 20:48   #17
Team-BHP Support

Does the TPS play with ECU maps in Karizma?
Old 24th September 2008, 21:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Does the TPS play with ECU maps in Karizma?
Jaggu bhai, not in the strict sense as in a Fi car's ECU, in Karizma it only effects the change in ignition maps. My understanding is that without TPS the ignition curve is based only on engine RPMs. With TPS it's RPMs + the degree of throttle opening and ECU will provide a better ignition curve for the load engine is subjected to.
Old 24th September 2008, 22:45   #19
Team-BHP Support

Or is it just another map altogether (lil more aggressive)?

1 map- for economy
2 map - for better performance

Check timing curve, if its dancing more with TPS.
Old 24th September 2008, 22:56   #20
BHPian

why not do a port polish and an airfilter job like everyone does ?
Old 24th September 2008, 23:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Or is it just another map altogether (lil more aggressive)?

1 map- for economy
2 map - for better performance

Check timing curve, if its dancing more with TPS.
Economy & Power mode as in the TVS range of bikes? (We still have the Centra )

I don't know how many maps the Karizma CDI have inside it. With the TPS it should be best of both worlds - economy & power. I disconnected the TPS late this evening so i wasn't able to test it properly. I think without the TPS the CDI is providing a slightly retarded timing and that is what hurt the midrange me thinks.

My point in taking off the TPS was to see how the bike will perform in case i use another carb without TPS. I need to find out how much the low end, midrange and top end has been affected without TPS. If it real bad i will not use the other carb and no need to get Jets for it, it makes sense as i'm importing the jets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
why not do a port polish and an airfilter job like everyone does ?
Airfilter and jets for the stock carb are on it's way Porting & polishing will have to wait for a long time to come. I'm trying to gain as much as i can without opening up the engine. It's a new bike.
Old 25th September 2008, 10:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

I took a long route to office this morning to check out the bike w/out TPS. Again this was not a proper test due to lack of time.

Impressions:
Throttle response is not bad at all w/out TPS. There is a lack of surge as with the TPS, w/out TPS the throttle response feels more linear. The engine "feels" less harsher w/out TPS, this could be due to relatively retarded timing (assumed with supporting information from Internet) the bike is running on now. I was not able to test the top speed but it "seems" that it is going to remain more or less the same, bike is pulling strong even at higher RPMs.

So i guess it's 'go' for another carb. Time to get the jets for it then

Edit:
Which cable can i use with a normal slide carb on the Karizma? It should fit the throttle tube on the handlebar and have enough length. Can i use a CBZ (old) cable?

Last edited by Sankar : 25th September 2008 at 10:22.
Old 25th September 2008, 10:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

You can try running the bike with the TPS always on. Just remove the coupler which connects carb TPS into the wiring loom. Take an inch long wire, strip the ends and short the 2 pins in the loom.

What slide carb are you trying on?
Old 25th September 2008, 11:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
You can try running the bike with the TPS always on. Just remove the coupler which connects carb TPS into the wiring loom. Take an inch long wire, strip the ends and short the 2 pins in the loom.
TPS varies the resistance across the wires based upon the position of the throttle plate. So if i connect the wires directly to each other then it will register 0 volts that is equal to wide open throttle in most cases.

There are three pins on the TPS wire.
Old 25th September 2008, 11:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

aah is it? Didnt know that. thought its just a switch.

Anyways you can try and short the pins. usuallt WOT = most aggressive setting, see if it helps.
Old 25th September 2008, 12:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
aah is it? Didnt know that. thought its just a switch.

Anyways you can try and short the pins. usuallt WOT = most aggressive setting, see if it helps.
Ignition is retarded as the RPM increases, so usually at WOT the timing is retarded it's not aggressive and it's bad for low to mid rpm ranges.

It's almost the same as without TPS.
Old 25th September 2008, 12:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
It's almost the same as without TPS.

Then its better not waste time on it
Old 25th September 2008, 13:18   #28
BHPian

@Sankar.

Edit:
Which cable can i use with a normal slide carb on the Karizma? It should fit the throttle tube on the handlebar and have enough length. Can i use a CBZ (old) cable?

YES>>use the cbz cable.....

Could i get some jets as well incase your importing?Would pay in advance for the same...
Old 25th September 2008, 16:10   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
@Sankar.
YES>>use the cbz cable.....
Could i get some jets as well incase your importing?Would pay in advance for the same...
Thanks I had bought the cable before i saw your reply, anyways glad that i made the right choice. Haven't installed it yet.

I shall let you know when i'm giving order for the jets next time and you can tell me the jet sizes you want. This lot is already on it's way.
Old 25th September 2008, 16:12   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I shall let you know when i'm giving order for the jets next time and you can tell me the jet sizes you want. This lot is already on it's way.

Don't forget this poor soul sir, same jet sizes as yours.

Most Viewed