Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2008, 11:48   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post

Yoohooo Prajeep.... where art thou? How about opening up your CBZ-X carb and leting the world know what you find

You have wait till this weekend for that ! would you be able to resist till then
Old 30th September 2008, 12:52   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Whats the stock compression ration on the Zma? Maybe there is some scope for improvement there. Also, intake vavle size anyone?

trying to understand why the stock bike is low on power even through it has the largest displacement.
Think it's 9.5:1 or maybe 9:1, i have to check to confirm. I think intake valve size Joel could give a correct answer.

From what i know it's an unstressed motor. Even the port sizes are conservative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
have a look at this,
Hows the performance with that carb? Why did you use the RX carb, it's a two-stroke carb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
You have wait till this weekend for that ! would you be able to resist till then
Yep sure. But don't forget
Old 30th September 2008, 14:51   #78
BHPian

@Sankar,
The performance is good,i used it mainly coz i had variable tuning options with it,right from a variety of pilot jets easily available to main jets,also the carb had slots to adjust the needle and that was important...

The best thing is i get a instant start even in cold mornings,i have never used the choke till date with this carb,its a spot on reaction kinda thing,snap the throttle and the reaction is instant comapred to the cv carb which kinda hada lag in it.......

i have even tried the cbz carb with has the fuel spray mechanism,but was not to happy with it....

was looking out for a spare keihin kzma carb to modify it completely,like increasing the venturi etc etc.....

the only reson why i havent done so is coz i didnt find a spare carb,and parts are not easily available in case something goes wrong,,,,

I am still on the lookout for someone who does a good head polish job,have heard many say that it really makes a difference
Old 30th September 2008, 16:14   #79
BHPian

I still dont understand why people really dont understand how much carb sizes will matter. Care to do a top-speed run with this bike on a speedgun and the results will be surprising.
Cold start is better, coz the stock carb is hopelessly lean...thats it.

Sankar - What data of the karizma do u need. Valve sizes?
Inlet is 31.5 and exhaust is 26.
Stem dia is 5.5mm
Comp ratio is 9:1, +/-1
What else?

Joel

Last edited by fieroid : 30th September 2008 at 16:17.
Old 30th September 2008, 16:52   #80
Senior - BHPian

Scorpian, the stock carb would perform much better than the RX carb. The fantastic throttle response you get from the RX carb is coz it's a smaller carb, so high intake velocity, and more over the slide is connected to the throttle cable. If you want better throttle response from your stock Keihin do the slide mods Okay leave the drilling the slide part if you ain't comfortable. But cut off 4 coils off the slide spring it will improve response.

Regarding the carb spares, the CV slide with diaphragm costs 600something. If you give the order and pay a part of the amnt as advance the dealer will get you the spare. I asked the dealer here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
Sankar - What data of the karizma do u need. Valve sizes?
Inlet is 31.5 and exhaust is 26.
Stem dia is 5.5mm
Comp ratio is 9:1, +/-1
What else?

Joel
Man that's detailed! Anyways i can't do much here, i'll send the head over when it's time!

OT: RTR exhaust valve is 27mm, isn't it?
Old 30th September 2008, 16:59   #81
Senior - BHPian

OT: Is it possible to junk the Fi and plonk a carb in the P220? If yes, whats the kind of mileage figures i'm looking at? Any significant increases in performance?
Old 30th September 2008, 17:20   #82
BHPian

No great gains. You will loose fuel effciency for sure. However if you are looking at all out mods, then you can consider. Makes no sense otherwise.
Old 30th September 2008, 17:24   #83
Senior - BHPian

Praful better would be to wait for someone to come out with Chip re-maps
Old 30th September 2008, 17:24   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post

OT: RTR exhaust valve is 27mm, isn't it?
How I wish the RTR's exhaust valve was 27mm. Get ready for a shock. Its 24mm wonly!
Fiero was 22mm. Pulsar 150 is 21.5mm(hopeless). Inlet on the RTR is 27.5mm. But you can never relate the valve sizes to the way it moves. Runs like its running 4-5mm bigger valves. Thats called a set-up for you. making maximum use of every detail in the engine. The RTR can still be souped with its stock valve sizes and carb.

Joel
Old 30th September 2008, 17:33   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The RTR can still be souped with its stock valve sizes and carb.
Good I might be interested a few years down the line
Old 30th September 2008, 19:35   #86
BHPian

@sankar,
Thanks dude i appreciate your help......the problem out here in goa is a problem with spares availabilty,trust me i hate to do anything with the stock one coz i know if something does go wrong ill be stuck with a idle bike....
i will try to do as say abt the spring...

Just spoke to mahesh from shivaji nagar for the polishing job for the karizma and my zen..will be sending him the head shortly.
Someone just told me the polishing the head could coz problems like knocking?is that true?is it related to compression in anyway?

@fieroid
Am no technical person to the extent you are,but yes i just had the carb lying with me and out of curiosity i just tried it on.....

Ok how abt this...
I read on many websites abt polishing the carbs to make them better,cant we do that to our exisitng carbs?i mean can we like use a drill machine with a polishing head and widen the air filter side and maniflod side?
Pardon my ignorance but do u think that should help?
Old 30th September 2008, 22:03   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok how abt this...
I read on many websites abt polishing the carbs to make them better,cant we do that to our exisitng carbs?i mean can we like use a drill machine with a polishing head and widen the air filter side and maniflod side?
Mirror polishing the intake side is not advised these days. It's better to leave it a bit rough so as to increase turbulence and to avoid fuel sticking on to the port walls.

I removed the chain cover from the Karizma, i never liked full chain covers on any of my bikes.

So the question is would the Pulsar 220 chain suit the Karizma, are they of the same size (link pitch & width)? Karizma has a 520 sized chain. P220 has an o-ring chain which should last better without chain cover. And what about chain length?

I want to adapt a plastic half chain cover from some other bike. Bikes that pop up in mind are RTR (might be short for Karizma), P200 and P220. In my old RX i had Enticer's plastic half chain cover adapted to fit.
Old 30th September 2008, 22:09   #88
Senior - BHPian

I personally like the glady SS chain cover the best. but hard to find, its been impossible for me.
Old 1st October 2008, 13:31   #89
BHPian

Quote:
@sankar,
Thanks dude i appreciate your help......the problem out here in goa is a problem with spares availabilty,trust me i hate to do anything with the stock one coz i know if something does go wrong ill be stuck with a idle bike....
i will try to do as say abt the spring...

Just spoke to mahesh from shivaji nagar for the polishing job for the karizma and my zen..will be sending him the head shortly.
Someone just told me the polishing the head could coz problems like knocking?is that true?is it related to compression in anyway?

@fieroid
Am no technical person to the extent you are,but yes i just had the carb lying with me and out of curiosity i just tried it on.....

Ok how abt this...

I'm really interested in seeing how well these polished heads run.
Before you send your head for the mods, try to understand what can give you results in a head. Also understand that optimising a cylinder head to flow better is not the work of any man with a hand grinder. Achieving considerable performance gains is really challenging and not something that anybody can do.
Old 1st October 2008, 16:26   #90
BHPian

@fieroid,
Thanks a lot for the reply dude....i really appreciate it.
So basically your tryig to say the polishing of the head dosent really yield you results that one has in his mind?

I am slightly confused out here.Dont mind it but i would appreciate if someone could just tell me staright whether its gonna help or is it just money for the turner....

From all that i read on the net,everything pointed out to better flow witha polished head,,at the end of the day i just dont want to waste my money on something thats not even going to make a point 1% difference.

So could someone just tell me yes or no for the head polishing of the karizma and the zen...

How good is this guy mahesh?I guess he is a associate of viper.....thats mainly one reason why i decided to get it done from mahesh..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks