Team-BHP - Shopping in Chennai - For P180
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Shopping in Chennai - For P180 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/45649-shopping-chennai-p180.html)

Hi guys,
I have a July 05 P180 and covered around 21k kms. Since my car purchase plans have been pushed by another 2-3 months in anticipation of new models, I've decided to work upon the bike and replace worn out parts etc. Though I had bought this bike in Chennai, but I am not really sure of places to hunt for, since I wasnt here for around 2 years. And since xBhp is down till 22nd, the wealth of info available there is missing.

Anyways there are purchases that I plan to carry out this weekend.

1: Tires - I am looking for better grip tubeless tires. But I am not sure if Pirellis/Michelin are available for 17" stock Pulsar alloys. Any other suggestions ? And also the places where I can get a variety of products ?

2: Motul - Any idea where I can get Motul 300V off the shelf ? In Bhubaneswar, it was a place-the-order model.

3: Headlamps - I am using the Avenger coil and currently with Philips Crystal vision. Though its better than stock halogens, I find it insufficient at times. Hence I am currently looking out for Osram Nightbreaker or Philips Vision Plus 55w.

4: Helmet - I currently have the AGV Pacific model, which I bought from Bombay in April 2007. Its really good for highway riding and all. But the sideview is kinda limited. So I am looking at open-faced helmets. Any good models/prices for the same ? And where to hunt for it ?

5: I have never been a fan of Bajaj Service Stations. Would like to try Castrol Bike Zone. I hope they wont force me to use Power 1 :D

Too many questions eh ? Thanks in advance :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fountainheader (Post 974601)

1: Tires - I am looking for better grip tubeless tires. But I am not sure if Pirellis/Michelin are available for 17" stock Pulsar alloys. Any other suggestions ? And also the places where I can get a variety of products ?

2: Motul - Any idea where I can get Motul 300V off the shelf ? In Bhubaneswar, it was a place-the-order model.

3: Headlamps - I am using the Avenger coil and currently with Philips Crystal vision. Though its better than stock halogens, I find it insufficient at times. Hence I am currently looking out for Osram Nightbreaker or Philips Vision Plus 55w.

4: Helmet - I currently have the AGV Pacific model, which I bought from Bombay in April 2007. Its really good for highway riding and all. But the sideview is kinda limited. So I am looking at open-faced helmets. Any good models/prices for the same ? And where to hunt for it ?

Hi Fountainheader,

I was in Chennai for a close to year so can help you out with a few places to look at! :)

1. The place for anything automotive is G.P. road, just park your bike and roam around asking for prices at the different shops. Settle for the place where it suits your price/reliability senses.

2. The Motul warehouse is in Valaswarawakkam, contact Mr. Srikanth @ 044-22491311. Best part about this place is, you get the oil cheaper, it was 600/- for a 1 Ltr 300V can last time I bought it. Plus, if you take about 2-3 cans they give you free Motul Tee's and mem

3. For this, I need info from you when you get it. I'm also looking for a nightbreaker in the H7 format.

4. After a hell load of searching at various shops, the only place where you get most helmet brands and assured quality is Pioneer helmets on GP road. But I found the place too too overpriced. For eg:. I bought my GPR for 2.6K in bangalore, the same helmets costs 3.5K in Pioneer. The visor cost 350 bucks in bangalore, samething costed me 550/- in Pioneer. But there is no other option for you.
Another thing, I would'nt advise, is an open face helmet for highway riding, unless ofcourse you don't mind a mouthful of bugs/sand etc.

I think for tires, you can go for dunlop - its comes in 17" and is a decent tyre as well.
Motul - I think you can locate the dealer in Chennai from their site.Costs around Rs600 I beleive.
If you are interested in more power you can get a K&N R-1060.

My replies are inside the quoted text:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fountainheader (Post 974601)

You have a choice of MRF Tubeless tyres that come as OE on Pulsar 220 and HH Stunner.

Phillips Vision +50 is passe. Look for Osram Nightbreaker +90 or Phillips X-Treme +80

KBC makes open faced helmets. Being KBC it should be good. Check it out at Kaulson Racing Product...... GO!!!!!!!!!!!! For KRP

MPA makes good half face helmets. You can try that out it is cheaper.

5: I have never been a fan of Bajaj Service Stations. Would like to try Castrol Bike Zone. I hope they wont force me to use Power 1 :D

What's wrong with Power1? I have put that in my Karizma and a friend in his Apache RTR and results were good. Engine became smooth and less noisy.

Too many questions eh ? Thanks in advance :)

^^ only problem in power1 is that there are many fakes available, that y i always avoid castrol

no man, not motul.

valvoline premium 4t anyday.

Thanks a lot for the info guys.

Sankar,
I have nothing against Power1, but I found Motul 300v better for my bike. So the reason I asked that qn was.. that I hope the Bike Zone guys wont force me to use that oil.

Dunlop 17" costs 3950 on KRP. Isnt that very very steep ? There aint any Michelins/Pirellis SD for 17" ? The last option would be the P200 OEM tyres :(

I managed to visit GP Road today. Bought some stuff from there.

1: Helmet - I went for a normal Studds open-face helmet. Cost 740 bucks. Given the fact that it cannot be locked, dint want to invest in expensive helmets. Instead, after lots of running around, I managed to find a visor for my AGV Pacific. Will use it for long rides/highways.

2: Lights - Purchased Phillips Rally 100/90W. Was using Night Vision till date. But this one is yellow light. Also got 2 blue bulbs for the Parking/Pilot lights.

3: Engine Oil - Been using Motul 300V for the past 1 year. But wanted to check out some new oil. Got Shell Helix 10W50. Will try out this week.

4: Tires - Visited Champion Motors and a couple of other stores. Duro and Ralco were available for 17" tubeless. Dint venture too much into it. Read about Deepak at Greams Road from some other thread. Called him yes'day but apparently he's in Goa now. So will def check up with him before finalising on the tires.