Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2008, 12:42   #31
BHPian

OK, just picked up a 130-80-18 MRF Zapper Y. Didn't really haggle on the price, paid 1700 for it. I am assuming I have to remove the chain guard to make this fit, will do it later this week and post pictures.
Old 1st July 2009, 08:52   #32
BHPian

I went to JC Road and asked a couple of vendors for tubeless tyres for a TVS Victor - guess what? They acted like I was crazy! Are tubeless tyres available for all two wheelers including scooters?
Old 5th February 2013, 11:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tubeless tyres for Karizma

Do fitting tubeless tyres on Karizma require any alterations to the rim. I bought a Karizma R couple of days ago and want to change the tyres to tubeless ones. However the tyre guys said that they require to make alterations and dont want to take a risk.
Old 21st January 2014, 17:40   #34
BHPian

Re: Scoop! 2014 Hero Karizma ZMR

Hey,

I recently got a flat tyre for my ZMA-R, went through a bad road patch and the next thing I know is I have six holes in the tire, though that was because I continued to drive for the next 20 KM till I found a guy to do the tyres.

I want to change them now, want to put on some tubeless since these default ones are not tube less and after these six punctures I am guessing that it is just a matter of time before it goes bad again.

What tires do you recommend?
Old 13th November 2014, 16:43   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I never had to stop for flats all these 50k kms on tubeless rubber(total peace of mind).
used them on stones,in himalayas they never missed a beat.
Hi Akshay, I know you have written about Karizma R tubeless tires a very long time back but still i need few information if you can remember .

I'm Having Karizma R 2012 model with stock Zapper tube tyre. I have driven 20K kms and time has come for replacement of tyres. I'm planning for tubeless tyre at least for rear wheel with same stock tyre size or max 110/90*18 inches as I'm happy with stock tyre.

Can I know, which tyre with size you were using for your Karizma?
Did you make any alternation to stock rim?

After reading your log, i feel there should not be any problem in ideal scenarios changing to tubeless tyres.

I think, ZMR comes with stock tubeless tyres and is it possible to use those tyres and rim (if required) for Karizma R since both vehicle wheel size are same. May be I'm wrong!
Old 13th November 2014, 22:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Gullu View Post
Hi Akshay, I know you have written about Karizma R tubeless tires a very long time back but still i need few information if you can remember .

I'm Having Karizma R 2012 model with stock Zapper tube tyre. I have driven 20K kms and time has come for replacement of tyres. I'm planning for tubeless tyre at least for rear wheel with same stock tyre size or max 110/90*18 inches as I'm happy with stock tyre.

Can I know, which tyre with size you were using for your Karizma?
Did you make any alternation to stock rim?

After reading your log, i feel there should not be any problem in ideal scenarios changing to tubeless tyres.

I think, ZMR comes with stock tubeless tyres and is it possible to use those tyres and rim (if required) for Karizma R since both vehicle wheel size are same. May be I'm wrong!
Good Old days
I have used Following tires on my Karizma.

Pirelli Sport Demon-110/90/18
Michelin Sirac-120/80/18
SM Racing-120/90/18-2 of them
Duro HF 918-110/90/18.

All tubeless.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 23:40   #37
Senior - BHPian

If you are looking for sort of dual purpose i would like to recommend

Michelin Sirac for front
Ceat Vertigo sport for rear
Have a look at RALCO they are good.

All the tyres are tubeless apart from Michelin but you can use it as Tubeless.

I have recommended these out of my personal usage experience.
desideep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2014, 01:04   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Good Old days
I have used Following tires on my Karizma.

Pirelli Sport Demon-110/90/18
Michelin Sirac-120/80/18
SM Racing-120/90/18-2 of them
Duro HF 918-110/90/18.

All tubeless.
Thanks bro. I stay in Bangalore and today I had been to JC road where you get automobile stuffs and enquired many tyre dealers. I couldn't find Pirelli Sport Demon, SM racing and Duro but Sirac was available with size 100/90/18 tube tyre and it is stock tyre size of ZMA.

I saw two MRF tubeless tyres, MRF Vyde and MRF Zapper Q.
Birla tubeless tyres.
Ceat Virtigo - Dealer is saying 2 in 1 tyre it seems . Without tube it was successfull but Ceat claims to be Tube tyre and no where it is mentioned tubeless.
All above tube less tyres size - 100/90/18.

I feel MRF is safe now and I'm confused !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
If you are looking for sort of dual purpose i would like to recommend

Michelin Sirac for front
Ceat Vertigo sport for rear
Have a look at RALCO they are good.

All the tyres are tubeless apart from Michelin but you can use it as Tubeless.
Hi, This is what I'm confused after enquiring many tyre dealers in Bangalore.
Even in Ceat Vertigo Sport it is not mentioned tubeless on tyre like other tubeless tyres but the tyre bead has smooth finish like tubeless tyre because of which dealers are installing it has tubeless. Tyre dealer told me that he has fixed these tyre for many vehicles successfully and there was no issue but officially Ceat hasn't launched any tubeless tyres yet.

Dealer said the same thing to Sirac aswell - Can be used as Tubeless.

I liked Vertigo Sport because of buttons and want to buy that, but don't have confidence to use as Tubeless, other options I have is MRF VYDE and Zapper Q.

Can you tell me, Is it good to go with Ceat Vertigo Sport tubeless or switch to MRF .

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by noopster : 16th November 2014 at 07:58. Reason: Merged back to back posts
Old 17th November 2014, 16:34   #39
Senior - BHPian

My friend all that i can tell you is TUBELESS not TUBELESS. i have been using it without a TUBE for last few many years.

It has been working fine.
The Sirac is certainly mentioned as TUBE TYPE.
Ceat Vertigo 100/90 is a TUBETYPE
and the above size are tubeless.
Old 17th November 2014, 16:49   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Gullu View Post
Thanks bro. I stay in Bangalore and today I had been to JC road where you get automobile stuffs and enquired many tyre dealers. I couldn't find Pirelli Sport Demon, SM racing and Duro but Sirac was available with size 100/90/18 tube tyre and it is stock tyre size of ZMA.
I am using Pirelli SD in my ZMA. Its very good when it comes to grip, looks. However being a soft compound tyre it is prone to punctures. So you may want to think about it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks