Team-BHP - Is Rd 350cc still as Hot !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Is Rd 350cc still as Hot ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/4587-rd-350cc-still-hot.html)

guys,

I am getting an rd 350 for about 27k, its a LT with high resolution silencers, 1986, single parsi owned, BUT it has a problem which is Clutch Bells are making a noice and hence can't really hear the engine properly...but when you rude the bike it moves well as RD should?

I wanted advice from you guys if I should buy the bike and what's the dealwith the spares, are the spares available easily and do they cost a lot?

lastly.....if any of you guys know of a good mechanic for the bike it would be wonderful if you could share it with me....I reside at Bandra so anywhere is OK?

waitinggggggggg....

dude123

all i know is tht the rd350 is a damn good bike.
yamaha had to withdraw it after some time as they were 2 damn fastfor indian roads

Hi

You should buy the bike if:

1. You're crazy about it.

2. Money is not an issue - for fuel (between 10 - 20 kmpl depending on how well its maintained?), spares (there's a yahoo group where you can pick up tips, but they're horribly immature), and maintenance (electricals, especially).

3. You dont mind scrounging bye-lanes and websites for spares. You also dont mind picking up other RD carcasses for spares.

4. You dont mind getting screwed by a few 'RD350 Expert' mechanics before you find the right one for you.

5. You're willing to learn how to tune a bike on CB Points and two cylinders - you'll need to do it often.

6. You agree with me that the joy of riding one is worth (2), (3), (4) & (5) above.

Finally if you need a clutch bell, I think I have one (or two?) lying around in my 'RD Spares' garage...

Clutch plates, points and other consumables are available if you know the right places. I've tried places in Bombay and Bangalore but the only place I like and trust is Sahil Auto in Karol Bagh, Delhi - he stocks only originals, doesnt cheat you on price, is extremely dependable and will send you spares by courier based on an SMS request if you're a regular customer. He doesnt palm off a duplicate spare on you if he doesnt have the original.

Cheers

Steer

dude123 why start another topic with the same question???

hey steer,

thanks for the feedback, yes I am crazy for the bike and hence I am buying the bike, BUT i don't know **** as for the mechanicals are concerned of the bike, I have got a good mechanic who does RD's in my locality so guess I'll try him to begin with although he's expensive but don't have a choice.

as for the clutch bells would appreciate if you could send them and let me know what number do i contact you if I have to pay you for them?

also if you could give me the contact details of Sahil Auto at karol I can tell my friends at delhi to help me pick up the right stuff r even speak with them and tell them to courier the same to me in mumbai as I am based out here.

lastly if you are aware of any spare part dealer in mumbai who keeps RD spares would help me save time and energy....

great to get some good feedback...appreciate it!

awating reply...

cheers
dude123

Sahil Auto, Mr. Subash Sikka, +91 1125727537

Mobile +91 98101 75772

Another number +91 1125752824.

If you want the clutch bell from me you'll have to wait till I get home sometime in May. Then I'll have to rummage thru the 'spares' garage, which is not very organised!

Try your sources and if you still dont make it I'll try and ask my mechanic to help you out - he's a trustworthy old man who has the keys to my 'spares'.

Hmmm as far as Mumbai is concerned there is this place called Tiger Auto - I'm not much of a mumbai guy so you'll have to ask the locals. Try the rd 350 group on yahoogroups, or visit www.rddreams.com and enrol in the forum there.

Word of caution - there are a lot of chaps out there who claim to be RD 'experts'. Be careful and do your own evaluation before you decide what you want to accept and what you want to throw out. Also be careful of who you trust - one of those chaps collected Rs.3k from me for a pair of silencers and disappeared with it - his name is Aniruddha Basu.

Cheers

Steer

PS: The address for Sahil Auto is

1902/45, Nai Wala
Karol Bagh

You have to take one of the many lanes opposite the Haldirams restaurant in Karol Bagh. Its a tiny little shop thats VERY difficult to find, so the best course of action would be to keep popping into every other shop to inquire about the way to Sahil Auto or Subash Sikka's shop or to the 'Shop That Sells RD350 Spares'. Took me nearly 45 minutes of walking around those byelanes to find it.

Cheers

Steer

hi dude. I own an RD350 too and trust me, the experience is worth it, if you go by what steeroid says, viz money and time to burn...etc. etc.

Sahil is really good, but there is atleast one other shop around too who gives you genuine spares which are sometimes not availalbe at Sahil even (I reside in Delhi). Rest, I'd say you go join http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yamahard350b/ and also www.rddreams.com forums. RDDreams is infact the best forum for RDs in india.

Regarding Sahil, his way is very easy once you are familiar with the neighborhood, for the record, his address is Sahil Auto, Gali no. 45, Automobile market, Karol Bagh

Cheers!

hey green horn did you sell your rd?

vulken, not yet. talks are on with three dudes from delhi and hyderabad. lets see want to close the deal by the weekend.

stickin on to 24k or less

Ya guys.. the RD 350 still rocks.. definately gives the adrenalin rush sorely missing in Indian Bikes.. here r some pics of mine and my friends RD 350..
Enjoy..

Hey maverick I stay in Thane too. I've got an 83 HT, lets meet up sometime.

Hey hooligan,
I stay in siddhachal,Vasant Vihar.. ya will def meet up sometime.. evenings is fine with me.. let me know..

Tommorow (Monday 28) evening ok with you?? I'm disallowed to use PM se I have no choice but to post personal contact information. Well, my cell no is 9820779443.
Rohit