Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2008, 08:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

Another notable feature is that the rear end employs a Radial Tyre!

The 41mm fork as per the website is the largest on any Indian motorcycle. I have to believe that.
Old 14th September 2008, 08:53   #32
Senior - BHPian

Yeah yeah, all this goo goo ga ga is nice. But what does it really deliver for us in terms of performance?

Can I just take a yawn and go back to my hibernation waiting for classy 200+ cc bikes to be launched?

/the R15 is a fantastic bike. but unless they launch a COMPETENT 100-125cc(Glady is good but the bulk of the segment wants FE, not big bike feeling in 125cc prices/colors) , they will die asap. The R15 has barely sold. Not enough to pay all the salaries in Yammie. They need some good MBAs - they're plugging the wrong segment first
Old 14th September 2008, 09:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

The bike looks a little incomplete without a proper front fairing, isn't it?
Old 14th September 2008, 09:36   #34
BHPian

It is priced @ 68000 ex showroom i think!When is it releasing?
Old 14th September 2008, 09:39   #35
Senior - BHPian

Its over engineered and the dimensions are an absolute overkill for a 150cc 14 bhp machine. I hope Yamaha comes up with a bigger engine in the near future, the chances of which are really bleak.
Old 14th September 2008, 11:08   #36
BHPian

Well I just don't know why so much of skepticism ? but the bike produces 14Nm of torque at 6000 rpm now that is key !!
We all know Torque is for driving and Power is for how quickly it drives the torque and for which the 14PS does sounds ok though not great, the vehicle weighs only 137kg so the drag of the fat tyre is something need not to be worried of considering the torquey motor ! It may not race fast ahead but should be fine in with respect to driveability I guess !!
Let us first drive and then decide, figures don't always give the clear picture. As far as the looks go the bike seem to be proportionate to me and not overdone could see that in the auto expo itself.

Last edited by rranjith_kum : 14th September 2008 at 11:09.
Old 14th September 2008, 11:44   #37
BHPian

What ? Over-engineered ? Puny 150cc engine ?

Just take a look at the weight - its quite a bit less than its competition !

And 15PS would have been nice but FE sells in India and an "approx 14PS" means it should be capable of FE comparable to the Unicorn.

Compared to this bikes looks - all others bar the RTR look senile to me
Old 14th September 2008, 12:20   #38
BHPian

Speaking of the power to weight ratio,
FZ 16 is 102.18 PS/ton
Torque to weight ratio is also the same 102.18 Nm/ton
Simply huge cc's wont work for yamaha right now, people who look at CC figures can get themselves YZF R1;
anything beyond a lakh will have few takers I think Yamaha are doing good this way. They have their Technical and the MBA working force I believe.
Old 14th September 2008, 12:42   #39
Senior - BHPian

The Yamaha showroom guys here claim to have sold over 300 R15s so far and over 200 are in the waiting list to be delivered over the next two months. It means, around 500 in 5 months averaging 100 per month in hyderabad alone. I doubt the gladi was sold in such numbers earlier, they also claim to have selling more number of Gladis after the R15(i think this is true, i do see lot of those new gladies with faring these days) so a combination of profit and publicity is what the Yamaha is gaining. The FZ 16 would sell in slightly higher in numbers if the Yamaha could deliver a bike which can give good FE figures. Also according to Yamaha website they claim to give bike loan at 3.5% flat and loan amount upto 90%, now that sounds interesting! Definitely they did have plan, may be we should wait for atleast two years so that Yamaha can not claim that it didnt get a second chance and the indian crowd is not nature enough matured to have good bikes.
Old 14th September 2008, 12:46   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep_K_Ram View Post
What ? Over-engineered ? Puny 150cc engine ?
Dont tell me you need 41mm fat front forks, 140/60-R17 tyre on a 150cc 14ps bike even if it weighs nothing. I am taking nothing away from the bike, it looks absolutely smashing and fat forks and rear tyre has a role to play in it. I just wish it was as powerful as it looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep_K_Ram View Post
Compared to this bikes looks - all others bar the RTR look senile to me
Why leave RTR? It doesnt offers you anything grounds breaking compared to others in the market.
Old 14th September 2008, 14:34   #41
BHPian

The bike is launched!

From the Zee news article, it appears that the bike has already been launched on Saturday.

Zee News - Yamaha to ride India specific bikes on comeback trail

And the price (Ex-showroom) is INR 65,000 - That's pretty neat!

Surprisingly, there is no update on Yamaha India website till now:
India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd.

I think that the bike's design is very masculine, and this bike would have a serious fan following unless the bike sucks big time in real life (unlikely!)

I am sure a lot of people will switch from the ubiquitous pulsar to this Yam!

Way to go!

Last edited by sriramv.iyer : 14th September 2008 at 14:35. Reason: grammatical error
Old 14th September 2008, 20:43   #42
BHPian

Its launched but nothin came in papers such as Hindu, didn't they invite the media for the launch !!
Old 15th September 2008, 09:04   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Also according to Yamaha website they claim to give bike loan at 3.5% flat and loan amount upto 90%, now that sounds interesting! Definitely they did have plan, may be we should wait for atleast two years so that Yamaha can not claim that it didnt get a second chance and the indian crowd is not nature enough matured to have good bikes.
Read it properly. The rate of interest is not 3.5%. Its the fees that they are charging! I still dint understand what is no special about this scheme.

But at 65k, the FZ16 will give the Hunks and P150s a run for its money!!
Old 15th September 2008, 09:40   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Dont tell me you need 41mm fat front forks, 140/60-R17 tyre on a 150cc 14ps bike even if it weighs nothing. I am taking nothing away from the bike, it looks absolutely smashing and fat forks and rear tyre has a role to play in it. I just wish it was as powerful as it looks.
Well look we are now complaining about too much tech on the bike ?

Given that almost all other commonly vied for tech has already been implemented by one or the other manufacturer in this segment - YMIL have had to pull out something different. I have no qualms about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Why leave RTR? It doesnt offers you anything grounds breaking compared to others in the market.
I was talking about the looks ... The RTR looks very racy to me. Like its a real track tool - which TVS claim it is to be ...the looks suit its image.

Can't say the same about the P150UG3 or the revamped Uni and the revamped-revamped sticker job Unicorn or even the GRAND PRIX edition Unicorn or almost any other bike in this class. The looks are really stunning. And lets not include the R15 here ...for obvious reasons.
Old 15th September 2008, 09:56   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Read it properly. The rate of interest is not 3.5%. Its the fees that they are charging! I still dint understand what is no special about this scheme.
what a blunder on my part!!!

Quote:
But at 65k, the FZ16 will give the Hunks and P150s a run for its money!!
Is that price confirmed??? Is it Ex-Shoroom Delhi or Bombay or Goa? !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks