Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2008, 11:54   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffRyder View Post
Hi All,

Had been to Pacer Motors Banglore to see the FZ 16 in flesh this morning..
the bike looks very macho and bulky..Kiran the guy at the showroom was very friendly and co-operative and answred the million questions that i had..the showroom had only one black FZ 16 on display for which Kiran (showroom guy) did not have the keys even..wanted to hear the exhaust note..
The good thing about the bike is the muscular/macho looks and the meaty rear tire and the fuel tank. the turn off is the LCD speedo which looks a bit overdone..that is all that i could gather today and Kiran asked me to come on sat so that he could give me the complete overview along with the engine specs and by then he told me that he would have the key to the bike and would also arrange for a under the table TD
What did you say to him??? Let me see if I can join you at the showroom on Sat cheers:
Old 18th September 2008, 12:10   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
What did you say to him??? Let me see if I can join you at the showroom on Sat cheers:
sure greg..you can join me on sat..hope we get to take it on a TD and hope there are no much of Junta there...
Old 18th September 2008, 12:23   #93
Senior - BHPian

Awesome news..I have been waiting for this to happen.
Looks like a meaty bike and muscular too.65K sounds good price,if one thinks really.
Old 18th September 2008, 19:28   #94
BHPian

FZ16 looks quite muscular! I went to Pacer Motors Bangalore to check the bike out today. They had the black one on display (as mentioned in one of the earlier posts)

Some observations:
1. Bike appears smaller than the Pulsar to me (visually) - That I drove a Karizma to the place might have influenced my decision

2. The fuel tank has the plastic resin cover. This greatly complements the look of the bike (gives a very muscular look) - But I am worried if the paint on plastic may fade away differently than the metal as time passes (and hence give a shabby look)

3. The rear tire is very fat :-) - Looks great!

4. The showroom guys did not have (or were not ready to give) the key. So, couldnt start the bike.

5. The instrumentation is full LCD, and looks odd (and flashy?)

6. Bike costs 75K on road in Bangalore. Deliveries begin Mid-Oct

OT: Checked out the Red R15 in the showroom. It looked real hot!

I think the heat should be on Bajaj now! At this price point, I am sure the bike would sell a lot - (And, may be over time, the bike may lose its exclusivity)

Last edited by sriramv.iyer : 18th September 2008 at 19:28. Reason: missed location while mentioning On Road Price
Old 18th September 2008, 19:35   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
Well, how many bought Pulsar 180 compared to 150 ?
Well said, that too the price diff is less than Rs 1000/-
Old 19th September 2008, 09:36   #96
BHPian

Is 75k OTR price? Yamaha might have put a very smart move with the pricing. Pulsar looks old in front of fz16.

But Hero Honda continues to lead market amazingly. CT100?? Speldour??
Old 19th September 2008, 11:07   #97
BHPian

I am very eager to hear a test drive report.
Old 19th September 2008, 11:40   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
I believe the October issue of Bike India has a TD report.
Meanwhile you could check these out too.

Buy New Cars, Used Cars, Auto News and Reviews India - Zigwheels.com

http://www.bikeindia.in/news/BikeNew...vealed/:thumbs up
Old 19th September 2008, 16:03   #99
BHPian

Bit off topic .... Sorry !!

Hi Guys,
Sorry for going a bit off topic but I intend to buy a bike and as a first timer I am not sure if I can buy this bike bcoz of my height

Would greatly appreciate if someone can help me out. I have tried a Bajaj Eliminator and it is fine for me since I am just 5'3 in height. But what about this bike ?? The seat seems a lot higher than on the Eliminator, right ?? Would it be advisable to buy the FZ16 or should I just stick to the Bajaj Eliminator/ Avenger now.

I intend to drive it for just 2-3 days in a week for pleasure and short spins.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Adit.
Old 19th September 2008, 20:55   #100
BHPian

Hi Adit,

This bike is a very good bike, and as far as height is concerned, I would suggest you go and cross your leg on the test mule if you can or over a stationary bike and check for your self. If you are confident you can ride it then no one can stop you from doing it. Check out the bike in person for any answers.
Old 19th September 2008, 20:57   #101
BHPian

By the way has any one seen what make of tyre does this bike carry with it. I am keen to know as I may change over to this tyre for my pulsar 220.
Old 19th September 2008, 21:08   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_guy555 View Post
Hi Guys,
Sorry for going a bit off topic but I intend to buy a bike and as a first timer I am not sure if I can buy this bike bcoz of my height

Would greatly appreciate if someone can help me out. I have tried a Bajaj Eliminator and it is fine for me since I am just 5'3 in height. But what about this bike ?? The seat seems a lot higher than on the Eliminator, right ?? Would it be advisable to buy the FZ16 or should I just stick to the Bajaj Eliminator/ Avenger now.

I intend to drive it for just 2-3 days in a week for pleasure and short spins.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Adit.
the FZ 16 is def higher than the Eliminator and looks higher than the Pulsar and Apache also..well as Eliminator is a cruiser bike it is good for you, but sure you can also check and get a feel on the bike if you are able to get a TD or someone you know gets the bike, as i feel Yamaha is following the same policy of no TD as of now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
you can read about the detailed TDR on bike india or logon to Zigwheels.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
Is 75k OTR price? Yamaha might have put a very smart move with the pricing. Pulsar looks old in front of fz16.

But Hero Honda continues to lead market amazingly. CT100?? Speldour??
the speedo console looks very very similar to that on a bajaj CT 100 bike minus the digital stuff..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
By the way has any one seen what make of tyre does this bike carry with it. I am keen to know as I may change over to this tyre for my pulsar 220.
the tyre on the bike i saw is MRF, dont know if they have diff variants..
Old 19th September 2008, 21:52   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Hi Adit,

This bike is a very good bike, and as far as height is concerned, I would suggest you go and cross your leg on the test mule if you can or over a stationary bike and check for your self. If you are confident you can ride it then no one can stop you from doing it. Check out the bike in person for any answers.
Thanks for the reply Kailash. I would have loved to get a TD but unfortunately no one I know has a bike or will buy one. Yamaha has also discontinued a TD like someone else also pointed out.
I had gone to see the R15 but they seem to place in on a 1 foot high silver platform which holds the bike and I get very uncomfy trying to put my foot down and trying to raise the bike from the side stand.
Anyways, thanks for all your help Guys !!! All the best !!!
Adit.
Old 19th September 2008, 22:28   #104
Senior - BHPian

Booked FZ16 today

Hi everyone, booked the FZ16 today in the evening. I think its the first booking in team-bhp at in the hyderabad gang. Tentatively they have put the waiting period as 45 days, but the executive has said that the bike may be delivered by 15th.

PS: though the bike is booked by me, i wont be riding it as my friend(highly inactive team-bhpian RAVIKUMAR) is paying for it and he will ride it. So I can't post a ownership thread. Hyderabad juntha, i can't offer a test ride on the bike.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 19th September 2008 at 22:31.
Old 19th September 2008, 22:44   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Hi everyone, booked the FZ16 today in the evening. I think its the first booking in team-bhp at in the hyderabad gang. Tentatively they have put the waiting period as 45 days, but the executive has said that the bike may be delivered by 15th.

PS: though the bike is booked by me, i wont be riding it as my friend(highly inactive team-bhpian RAVIKUMAR) is paying for it and he will ride it. So I can't post a ownership thread. Hyderabad juntha, i can't offer a test ride on the bike.
cheers: congrats man...well i guess you would be the first one in T-Bhp to have booked the FZ 16 let alone the hyderabad gang..did the showroom guy tell you that it can be delivered by the 15th of Oct??
what is the ORP in hyderabad?

Most Viewed