Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2009, 17:37   #46
BHPian

Any TVS service centres around koramangla ?

OT, can someone let me know the best place around koramangla area to get my suzuki fiero serviced ?. I have tried the tristar close to indiranagar flyover but somehow not impressed with the work done same is the case with a few local garages. Have heard Zen motor in bull temple road is the best in buisness when it comes to suzuki/tvs bikes but that is too far for my comfort. So could some let me know of a good TVS service centre or any trustworthy local garage to get my bike serviced well.
Old 4th January 2013, 19:51   #47
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Fiero - Passion Reignited

Hi!
I have a 2000 Model Suziki Fiero KS. I want to change the stock headlight to a round one. Can you suggest what are the possible direct fit options with ought much changes in the existing electricals. If possible please suggest me some mechanic in Pune who can help me out.
Also, i can see a rapid scarcity of parts for this bike with the existing TVS dealers in Pune, so i wanted to know if i should keep this bike of sell it off, though its performance has been trouble free so far.
Intrepidspy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 17:48   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I wanted to go for Amaron 9AH Maintenance Free battery. But the stock battery is 2.5AH and even 5AH battery could not be accomodated. So, had to settle for 2.5 AH battery.

The plan is to restore the bike to good condition and then to modify it slowly, one step at a time. Special thanks to Sankar, Fieroid, Venugopal, Ajaybiz and Sk8erboi for guiding me.

The bike is going to Zen Motors in Bangalore next week for bringing it to good condition. It also requires removal of dents and paint job.

The modifications I have in mind.
  1. Front Discs
  2. Bigger Carb - I am confused whether to repair the existing one or go for a bigger one.
  3. Exhaust
  4. Porting
  5. Increasing compression
Your valuable inputs are welcome. I will keep you updated as the work progresses.

Picture of the bike
Attachment 51589
The fiero was one of the best vfm bikes that i wished i could own,but sadly by the time i was able to own one it was discontinued.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 7th January 2013 at 17:50.
Old 7th January 2013, 18:22   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidspy View Post
Hi!
I have a 2000 Model Suziki Fiero KS. I want to change the stock headlight to a round one. Can you suggest what are the possible direct fit options with ought much changes in the existing electricals. If possible please suggest me some mechanic in Pune who can help me out.
Also, i can see a rapid scarcity of parts for this bike with the existing TVS dealers in Pune, so i wanted to know if i should keep this bike of sell it off, though its performance has been trouble free so far.
Chhatrapati TVS has all the parts.
I service my 2001 Fiero at their Paud Road workshop.

Yes, the stock headlight can be changed to a round one.
In fact, the technician/service advisor Mr. Ashok at this workshop has done it on his own Fiero and offered to do it on mine. I would like to find time and get it done on some Sunday.

Cheers!
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 08:53   #50
Senior - BHPian

Re: Any TVS service centres around koramangla ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
OT, can someone let me know the best place around koramangla area to get my suzuki fiero serviced ?. I have tried the tristar close to indiranagar flyover but somehow not impressed with the work done same is the case with a few local garages. Have heard Zen motor in bull temple road is the best in buisness when it comes to suzuki/tvs bikes but that is too far for my comfort. So could some let me know of a good TVS service centre or any trustworthy local garage to get my bike serviced well.
I stay at Malleswaram and have been to Zen motors at Rajarajeshwari nagar (their new service center) which is a huge distance away to get the Fiero serviced.

Man, i found it so difficult to get a good mech for the Fiero that i buried my dream of getting an RD.

But thanks to Mahesh (ku69rd) he referred me to a good mechanic in Jaynagar 9th block. PM him for more details.
Old 8th January 2013, 17:31   #51
BHPian

Chhatrapati TVS has all the parts.

Yes, the stock headlight can be changed to a round one.
In fact, the technician/service advisor Mr. Ashok at this workshop has done it on his own Fiero and offered to do it on mine. I would like to find time and get it done on some Sunday.

Cheers!

Thx for the reply.I would like to have the headlight replaced as well, since the adjustment screw for the stock headlight is not available. nor is the quality of the replacement the same as the one that came with the bike. If you can communicate the appropriate Sunday we can go together to Chhatrapati TVS and get this done.
Old 8th January 2013, 21:05   #52
Senior - BHPian

Re: Any TVS service centres around koramangla ?

Quote:
Hi!
I am using the stock dome.

I had upgraded the stock headlight by rewinding the coil. I would recommend using a relay too. I changed the coil and CDI recently as the CDI became faulty and bike refused to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
The fiero was one of the best vfm bikes that i wished i could own,but sadly by the time i was able to own one it was discontinued.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I stay at Malleswaram and have been to Zen motors at Rajarajeshwari nagar (their new service center) which is a huge distance away to get the Fiero serviced.
That's bad news. I have been taking my bike to Zen in bull temple road. I have to find a good mechanic nearby.

Update about the bike:
Sorry for not updating the thread for a long time. The bike is in excellent shape, exterior wise and mechanically.

I spent around 22k on replacing the body parts and getting the bike painted. I know . I had to change the fuel tank couple of years back as the fuel tank developed leak because of a damage caused long back while shifting the bike from Chennai to Bangalore. Then I realized how difficult it is to source the parts of the bike. With the help of my friend who is a senior executive in TVS, I sourced all the exterior parts of the bike. I could only get them in different colors. I got all the parts painted in black by a painter, dismantled the bike completely and replaced all nuts, bolts, bushes etc. I got the wheel chromed and overhauled the suspension. I changed the battery couple of weeks back. So the bike is as good as new.

Mechanically, I got the bike serviced at Zen motors and the bike is now running smoothly with Motul 5100. It brings back all the old memories when I ride the bike. I will post some pictures when I get time.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 8th January 2013 at 21:25.
Old 23rd February 2013, 11:17   #53
BHPian

Quote:
[i]Chhatrapati TVS has all the parts.
=====
If you can communicate the appropriate Sunday we can go together to Chhatrapati TVS and get this done.
I replaced the headlight on my Suzuki Fiero to a round one last week. Searching for the appropriate fit was difficult find, but after a half day spent, it was finally done. If anyone is interested in upgrading their stock headlight i can help you guys out.
Cheers!!
Old 2nd June 2013, 10:07   #54
BHPian

Hi Fiero Experts
I have a Suzuki Fiero, 2000 make with stock engines. Would need help to get the below info.
What are the tappet gap specs for fiero?
Does the engine have an oil filter and if it has, whats the interval for changing?
Whats the correct spec of engine oil recommended?

Appreciate your support. Thanks.
Old 2nd June 2013, 10:55   #55
BHPian

Engine has an oil filter on the right side, see the circle held with three or four screws. change whenever you change oil, will try and find oil specs when I get back to Mumbai.
Old 2nd June 2013, 15:04   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameaa View Post
What are the tappet gap specs for fiero?
It can be known in service manual only.

Quote:
Does the engine have an oil filter and if it has, whats the interval for changing
Fiero is having replaceable oil filter (marked in orange circle).
Suzuki Fiero - Passion Reignited-1305717049_204889491_1imsellingmysuzukifiero24000kurgentsaleplscontactmenegotiable0.jpg

Whatever is recommended in manual but it is best to replace the filter in every oil change. But why are you asking this after 13 years?
(Alok) is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2013, 22:20   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
Whatever is recommended in manual but it is best to replace the filter in every oil change. But why are you asking this after 13 years?
Thanks for the info. It was serviced in A.S.C till now. But after shifting my residence, i have to look for local guys who can do the regular service. Hence wanted to know the basic things which will be done during regular service as is due now.
Old 2nd June 2013, 23:25   #58
BHPian

Quote:
i have to look for local guys who can do the regular service.
Take care at the time of change of oil filter. I presume that oil filter for apaches & fiero should be different.
Check for the part number at any A.S.S. or in your old service invoice (if you have).
(Alok) is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2013, 23:49   #59
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for the info. It was serviced in A.S.C till now. But after shifting my residence, i have to look for local guys who can do the regular service. Hence wanted to know the basic things which will be done during regular service as is due now.
I too have a 2000 model Suzuki Fiero. Engine oil and oil filter is changed every 2500 kms. Stick to mineral or semi synthetic oils. If you ride in the city only, then tvs tru4 is the best oil. If you do occasional highway rides then use castrol 4t. Grade is 20w40.

Last edited by mashmash : 2nd June 2013 at 23:51.
mashmash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 12:25   #60
BHPian

Fellow BHP-ians,
Need some help. I own a 2000 Fiero and I intend to keep it for as long as she can be.

One of my concerns is that the rear shock absorber has become too soft, when my better half sits , it just sinks!. A similar thing doesn't happen in our newly bought Wego, so I have ruled out the weight issue.

Coming to the replacement of its shocks, I have heard from many folks that RTR shocks are a direct fitment into the Fiero. Is it true?. Can some avid bikers suggest a good place in Bangalore/Koramangala where I can get this done. Would really appreciate some help here :-)

I am reigniting the passion for long drives in Bike and just did a Mysore trip. Apart from the posterior pain, the bike performed with absolute aplomb. I never exceed 60 except for in overtaking bursts where it reached around 75 kmph.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks