Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2014, 17:27   #76
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Fiero - Passion Reignited

I am hunting for the Golden color "SUZUKI" Decals (Gold Metallic) for my black 2000 model Fiero. I need the original golden color stickers for the tank since i want to restore the bike to its original condition.
These are the once which were in the first lot of motorcycles after which the ones with the graphics were launched. If some one has a spare set I am ready to buy or if someone can please direct me where can i find them.
Thanks!

Last edited by Intrepidspy : 23rd March 2014 at 17:54.
Old 8th April 2014, 23:26   #77
BHPian

Re-igniting the passion, I have recently done the paint-job (black) on my 2000 model Fiero. It was a Weekend project which lasted 2 weeks and was my first job at painting. Didn't bother to chrome the SS parts as it was pretty much rust-free.
Old 13th April 2014, 11:51   #78
BHPian

Pictures of my newly painted Fiero (2000):
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki Fiero - Passion Reignited-f1.jpg  

Suzuki Fiero - Passion Reignited-f2.jpg  

Suzuki Fiero - Passion Reignited-f3.jpg  

Old 27th June 2014, 23:01   #79
Senior - BHPian

The bike has been doing well, the only issue being the missing and jerking as if fuel stops when I use it after a gap of a few weeks. It is fine after I use it for a few kms. The performance is as good as new.

The bike feels much smoother with Motul oil. The oil was changed 2 years back, the condition is good when I checked it recently. Did not bother to change it as I rarely use the bike, CBR250 being the regular bike. I plan to keep it forever, hope there would not be any shortage of spares. It would be sad to see the bike go just because of spares shortage.

I got the original Fiero mirror from the TVS shop in J.C road. Plan to change the suspension soon, will see if I can go for gas filled shockabsorbers.

It is nice to see many fieros on the thread. Hope the Fiero tribe stays alive for a long time.
Old 27th June 2014, 23:23   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post

I got the original Fiero mirror from the TVS shop in J.C road. Plan to change the suspension soon, will see if I can go for gas filled shockabsorbers.
You should absolutely go in for the Gas Shocks. It makes such a difference to the handling. I recently switched to Gas shocks used on the RTR 180. The swing arm I have been using for some years is from RTR 160.

What I need to work on next is Headlight and swap the FFE with one from RTR160. New exhaust from TVS is about 5k.

MaSh
mashmash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2014, 18:08   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
You should absolutely go in for the Gas Shocks. It makes such a difference to the handling. I recently switched to Gas shocks used on the RTR 180. The swing arm I have been using for some years is from RTR 160.

What I need to work on next is Headlight and swap the FFE with one from RTR160. New exhaust from TVS is about 5k.

MaSh
Is it is direct bolt on job? Did you get the gas shocks changed in the TVS service centre in whitefield? I stay in Marathahalli, so that would be closer.

Another technician discouraged the idea saying that the height would increase at the back. Did you face any issue?

What is the cost of RTR 180 shocks?

Exhaust for 5k is expensive, considering you would not get any performance gain as such. If we sell the bike, I guess we may not get more than 18-20k .
Old 28th June 2014, 18:21   #82
Senior - BHPian

Mash, I did some research on changing the swing arm and found the following information in xBHP. Did you change all these parts to change the swing arm? Is it worth the modification? Thanks

Quote:
Swing arm change require lot of modification according to which bike's swing arm yor are fitting.. I have fitted ZMA swing arm in my apache 150 .. Later I have changed to apache RTR 160's swing arm.. The wheelbase of Suzuki Fiero is 1240 mm.. Also it is using tubular type swingarm. You can easily fit rectangular swing arm of Victor GX(1240mm) without major modifications. The wheelbase change after fitting other TVS bike's swing arm are given below..

Victor GX (1240mm)
Victor GLX (1260mm)
Fiero F2/FX(1270mm)
Apache 150(1260mm)
Apache RTR 160/FI(1300mm)
Flame (1320mm)
Apache RTR 180(1326mm)

If you are going for apache RTR 160's swingarm, it will give you more stability.. But for that you need to change the following..

1. RTR 160 Swing arm - 750/-
2. RTR 160 open type chain and sprocket - 900/-
3. RTR 160 Rear break rod - around (150/-)- May need some modification.. Other wise you need to weld existing break rod to make it more lengthier.
4. RTR 160 open type chain cover - 95/-
5. RTR 180 rear mudguard - 350/-the base set. Without detachable cover layer(for rain protection).

The total cost may be around 2500/-

Last edited by PatienceWins : 28th June 2014 at 18:24.
Old 29th June 2014, 03:47   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Is it is direct bolt on job? Did you get the gas shocks changed in the TVS service centre in whitefield? I stay in Marathahalli, so that would be closer.

Another technician discouraged the idea saying that the height would increase at the back. Did you face any issue?

What is the cost of RTR 180 shocks?

Exhaust for 5k is expensive, considering you would not get any performance gain as such. If we sell the bike, I guess we may not get more than 18-20k .
hey hi,

Yes its a simple bolt on job. The shocks would be in an inverted position as the gas chamber fouls with the side panel. I got it done at the TVS Service center Whitefield, near Mayura Bakey Junction.

Yes, the height has increased very slightly and the bikes settles down nicely once on-board. I will check the bill and let you know the cost, I think it was 2.5k, but will confirm in a day.

Yeh, I am hunting for a discarded exhaust either in the junk yard or at some of the tuner shops. There are many RTR owners who switch to a FFE. I must be a rare nut switching from FFE to Stock. Well not really stock for a Fiero . Performance wise, there surely will be a dip, no doubt. My assumption is the back-pressure would increase aiding in slight improvement of low end, but a big drop in top end. After 4 years of running this setup, performance is not what I am looking for now, rather some peace.

My Fiero will never be for sale. I have had it since 2001, it knows too much about me and all my pillions during college and single-hood days. I have a feeling my wife tries to get some secrets out behind my back, but Fiero remains loyal.

Quote:
Mash, I did some research on changing the swing arm and found the following information in xBHP. Did you change all these parts to change the swing arm? Is it worth the modification? Thanks
Oh yes, all those items were changed. Worth it? Absolutely. The chain guard would be slightly longer as it does not go right inside at the engine side, so I had chopped off lil bit from the front. Initially, I had not changed the sprockets and chain, just added 2-3 new links to my chain. I wanted to check the gearing as the engine work was also done then. Ran that setup for almost half a year. Then I went in for an all new RTR160 sprocket and chain set. The power delivery became linear after that change. Its been running like that since 2010. Sprockets are due for a change again, will do once the running increases, its OK for now.

I live very close to Forum Value mall, Varthur Rd, lets meet.
mashmash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2014, 10:09   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post

Oh yes, all those items were changed. Worth it? Absolutely. The chain guard would be slightly longer as it does not go right inside at the engine side, so I had chopped off lil bit from the front. Initially, I had not changed the sprockets and chain, just added 2-3 new links to my chain. I wanted to check the gearing as the engine work was also done then. Ran that setup for almost half a year. Then I went in for an all new RTR160 sprocket and chain set. The power delivery became linear after that change. Its been running like that since 2010. Sprockets are due for a change again, will do once the running increases, its OK for now.

I live very close to Forum Value mall, Varthur Rd, lets meet.
Yes, we should meet sometime. I stay in the Purva apartment right next to Marathahalli bridge. I called and found that Trijal TVS in Marathahalli junction does service there itself. Will try it out as it is close to my house. Thanks for all the details.
Old 29th June 2014, 11:28   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, we should meet sometime. I stay in the Purva apartment right next to Marathahalli bridge. I called and found that Trijal TVS in Marathahalli junction does service there itself. Will try it out as it is close to my house. Thanks for all the details.
Oh that's great. I have got my bike serviced twice from them when I used to live in marathahalli.

MaSh
Old 10th July 2014, 11:09   #86
Senior - BHPian

@patiencewins-Are you by any chance selling off your bike.I saw an ad on OLX with your bike pic-
http://punecantonment.olx.in/suzuki-...-iid-671817384
Old 18th January 2015, 19:49   #87
BHPian

I just got the clutch and pressure plates for my fiero. They are surprisingly in 2014 packing. Price for Cluth plates: Rs.22; Pressure plates for Rs.280 (both inc. VAT). Also, inquired of the quality since the original from Suzuki were around 1500/-, and the SS in pune informed that they are good as original Suzuki's. So any of you plan to service the bike the clutch plates are available
Intrepidspy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2015, 21:16   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidspy View Post
Price for Cluth plates: Rs.22

22 INR/plate? Is there a typo?
Old 19th January 2015, 00:53   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post

22 INR/plate? Is there a typo?
Oh yes I meant Rs.220/-
Old 19th January 2015, 08:51   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidspy View Post
Oh yes I meant Rs.220/-
That's what running in my mind. As you mentioned they were 2014 packed we could only get the clutch springs for the price that you mentioned earlier. BTW what brand are they?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks