Team-BHP - best bike audio
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   best bike audio (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/46285-best-bike-audio.html)

hi people. i was wondering. what would you say is the best sounding bike of all? would you choose a superbike, 2 stroker or a cruiser?

i would give the prize to the Honda VFR 800 Interceptor.

the sound reminds me of a muscle car!:deadhorse

An interceptor? Are you talking about the exhast note, or the engine note when the vtec kicks comes alive?

manson.

I have seen a pulsar with two small speakers on the tank!! And it was playing music from a radio station!! This was last year in bombay. I think that bike wins the "best Audio" prize..

EDIT: I forgot about the Goldwing!! Doesnt that also have some speakers or something?

I prefer the inline 4's and 3's. I like the sound of the Valkyrie as well.

I would go with the 2 strokers.
Btw i had a radio installed on my Kinetic Honda long back. Removed it the day i bought Nokia 8310 when it was launched.Enjoyed radio on my cell phone there after.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 989077)
I have seen a pulsar with two small speakers on the tank...
I think that bike wins the "best Audio" prize..

EDIT: I forgot about the Goldwing!! Doesnt that also have some speakers or something?

LML used to give the option of fitting a cassette player on the Adreno, which'd be fitted with speakers on the inner side of it's half fairing...
Can we take this for nomination as well?

As for the exhaust note, nothing can parallel the legendary royal thumper 'Bullet'.
Litre class and sub litre Vrooms are definitely Wow, but the thump gives a distinct high!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 989077)
I have seen a pulsar with two small speakers on the tank!! And it was playing music from a radio station!! This was last year in bombay. I think that bike wins the "best Audio" prize..

As far as i remember Goldwing has a CD changer/player

Best sounding bike till date i heard was Honda CBX (6 cylinders), Yamaha RD500(2 stroke V4), Suzuki GTX750(Triple 2 stroke she simply screams at higher RPM's) after them any V4, V2, inline 4 or 2 are also music to my ears.My vote for the best sounding Indian bike goes to RD350.
Seen audio players in Bikes but not of my taste and high end bikes are not in my budget.

The BEST bike i have ever heard is a GSX R with a race prep Yoshimura exhaust!! Also, a CBR 400 has been one oy all time fav bikes since a while just because of the amazing racket it makes!!

EDIT: Has anyone heard the new fazer being ripped?? It sounds like a huge turbo is churning away somewhere!!! BRILLIANT!!

If you want good audio, you'll need to mount a good head unit and a pair of components. I don't know if your bike battery will have enough juice to drive an amplifier but something like the pictures below should suffice your needs for "good bike audio". You can't beat the sound stage on these machines. Cars need time alignment and all that but you will thump away in perfect acoustic phase. Make sure you get those plastic handle bar covers to protect your bike during monsoon. Also take off your face plate when you park your bike:

my std 350 bull beats any bike sound. One has to hear it when shes flying. its like a Browning 50 calibre machine gun.

the best. absolute best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manson (Post 989061)
An interceptor? Are you talking about the exhast note, or the engine note when the vtec kicks comes alive?

manson.

yup, i speak of the interceptor when idling or riding slow, puttering along, its really doesnt sound like a bike more like a mustang going past, when youreally rip it, one can tell from the gear ratios that this is a bike,

just find vids on youtube... lotsa nice sounding vfrs there.

its my dream!

CBR250RR doing 19K. absolute magic :)

other than that, RD500, RG500 revving the t*ts off