Team-BHP - Bigger Karizma on the cards
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Bigger Karizma on the cards (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/46294-bigger-karizma-cards.html)

If the sources at BikeIndia are to be believed, a bigger capacity Karizma is on the cards but not soon enough. There are no timelines mentioned. Going by the article it could be a 250 cc single, Fuel injected Karizma. Remains to be seen when this would see the light of the day and what kind of pricing does Hero Honda have in mind.

Here is the article that appears on the bikeindia website.

Hero Honda geared up with the new Kar...
BIKEindia.in
23/09/2008 11:17:00

As part of the celebrations, HH will soon be offer goodies on the low end models and launch the much anticipated bigger Karizma.

Hero Honda completed 25 years of operation In India and as part of the celebrations, they will soon be offering goodies on the low end models. This will include offers like free electric start for the 100cc bikes.

We are also told that an upgraded Karizma is ready with a slight hike in engine capacity and fuel injection. But Hero Honda wont be launching this soon. Sources say that they are waiting for Honda to come out with the biggies (yes, the Fireblade et al) and only then will HH go ahead and launch the new Karizma.

Link to the article: Hero Honda geared up with the new Karizma

No Not again:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 989217)

:). I share the feelings mate. But if the news has any semblance of truth, then most people would be happy. Plus, Hero Honda are celebrating 25 years, maybe thats good reason to offer something nice to customers.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 989217)

Everytime I hear this story it makes me :uncontrol HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHA!

The only thing HH can ever do is add more stickers and air more commercials with some bollywood bigies

wanderlustindia
Yeah they will, A bike with more stickers and a new headlight! :uncontrol

Hehe.. cool! So if it's based on the original Karizma crankcase then i have some hope :)

YAWWN!!!!

Why have these rumors keep coming back again and again ever since Bajaj announced the P220.:deadhorse

Quote:

We are also told that an upgraded Karizma is ready with a slight hike in engine capacity and fuel injection. But Hero Honda wont be launching this soon. Sources say that they are waiting for Honda to come out with the biggies (yes, the Fireblade et al) and only then will HH go ahead and launch the new Karizma.
- They are waiting for Honda? Damn Honda would the very last to enter the 250 segement, those guys are down right lazy. I don't see 250 from honda even 2009.

- 'Slight Hike in capacity', are they hinting at using slightly larger bore????

- Fuel Injection, the glorious Honda PGM-FI if ever makes it onto the ZMA, expect a price bump of more that 10K atleast. And if the previous point is true then forget about the FI part, coz even the 2008 CFR 230 doesn't come with a FI.

What they could do is , get the Honda GLR 200 sold in Indonesia. It runs the same bored down CRF motor, but puts out 18 ps, weighs 118kgs, runs on a 10.x compression too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by praful (Post 989281)
- 'Slight Hike in capacity', are they hinting at using the CRF 230 bore? Well only that would give it a slight hike.

CRF230 = 223cc :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 989252)
Hehe.. cool! So if it's based on the original Karizma crankcase then i have some hope :)

I see you and sandeep are the two persons whom i know would be worried about the new karizma :D Don't worry i trust HH on this, they will never do this :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyBoi (Post 989296)
CRF230 = 223cc :)

Thanks for the correction bro.... :D

So a increase of 27cc nice :)

If you read the article carefully, it does mention that Hero Honda are ready with a bigger capacity Karizma and fuel injection. If so, the only reason for delay in the launch would be identifying a price point that attracts prospective buyers.

Maybe, just maybe, Hero Honda have awakened to reality now that stickers wont get them sales!

I had heard a confirmed news of a Honda 350 with FI back in 2003 & it hasnt seen the day yet.

The rumor was\is that the bike was\is all ready to be launched since then but due to variaus reasons HH is not launching it. God knows how true this new news is.

Ok temporary OT: Honda has had their 250cc baby in their Gurgaon plant for ages now! I heard this back in 2005 from a service engineer who works at the Gurgaon Plant!

Quote:

Originally Posted by praJEEP (Post 989306)
I see you and sandeep are the two persons whom i know would be worried about the new karizma :D Don't worry i trust HH on this, they will never do this :D

Im infact gonna be happy if it comes out! :)

Going by the brains behind their bike names, it might most probably be called one of these..Kareena / Bipasha / Agony / Ecstasy / Disappointment / Happiness etc.

:D