Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2008, 00:27   #1
BHPian

Advice:To keep or sell 06zma

Guys i have a black ZMA aug 06 model,clocked 9500kms on the ODO,Well maintained,properly serviced.120 vee rubber in the rear and 90-18 zapper in the front,got K&N,Iridium plug,Speed max wire, 6000K hid.

Im kind of confused now,weather to keep or sell this bike,my daily usage is hardly 5-6kms of cruising here and there or week end rides.Tough i love my bike and biking,

Im stuck with two options in my mind
Seeing at the upcoming indian market,im tempeted to move on with the upcoming bikes (R15,fzr16,New comet,Baby ninja (might go out of budget), but the what bike will be a sensible upgrade, in the near future because dont want to live with out a bike for too long.

Other option is
I have this bug for modification i cannot keep my vehicles stock
So I keep this bike and MOD it further,But then there is nothing much in delhi that helps,as in cant really find a good carb or cam etc,any other mods suggested?

Reasons to sell: Might get decent value at the moment,Bike will get outdated soon
But not sure as to what next to purchase

Reasons to mod:Old bike so can play with it,Parts available,great bike,Not much used.
But then no resale left,Mod parts need to be shipped from other places.

What apporx market value will be there for this bike?
Is it actully worth modifying this bike?
Old 26th September 2008, 12:46   #2
Team-BHP Support

Do not modify, keep it stock and use it for commuting and touring.
In another year or two, the motorcycle scene should be better, and much brighter than today. You could probably collect some cash by then, and add another ride to your garage.
Read the thread GTO has recently posted about upgrading the five year old car, quite a few facts will find relevance in your trauma as well.

manson.
Old 26th September 2008, 18:25   #3
BHPian

If you are selling it let me know - have a potential buyer. PM pls.
Old 26th September 2008, 23:53   #4
BHPian

hahaha. have a friend with a zma that had run about 10,000 kms in 3 years . asked me if he should sell the bike and buy the R15 . i said no , use it good bike. he got an offer for 60k. i month later , he broke his gearbox . lol. life... i say sell it and get an R15. and see what comes out a year later.
Old 27th September 2008, 11:32   #5
BHPian

So is selling a better option?

Quote:
Do not modify, keep it stock and use it for commuting and touring.
In another year or two, the motorcycle scene should be better, and much brighter than today. You could probably collect some cash by then, and add another ride to your garage.
Read the thread GTO has recently posted about upgrading the five year old car, quite a few facts will find relevance in your trauma as well.

manson.
The cash i can get now can help me for the next bike even if i have to wait for 6months or one year and wait for the new bikes to come up,Adding another bike in the garage will be like of no use to me,when i have a newer bike i wont be able to manage to other one,seeing it rot will be unbearable for me.

The reason why im confused is because i already have a m800 in my garage 14yr old 60k on the odo done.Perfectly maintain,Done up with a few things.But now i dont have the time to use it much,nor it will sell.My parents now keep telling me to give it away but im attached to the car now.Its hard for me

I dont want the same to happen with my bike,But then i re-think selling it will be waste of money,What market value can i expect for my bike?

Last edited by noidaboy : 27th September 2008 at 11:43.
Old 28th September 2008, 17:13   #6
BHPian

i say sell it but only if u can upgrade to a comet or something bigger

dont go for the pulsars or apaches or r15 even
because u should upgrade to something better and bigger and not go down . im not saying these bikes are bad. what im saying is ull get bored of driving them since u have driven the comet.

else hold on when the real good things come like the baby ninja sell the zma and go for it.
Old 28th September 2008, 22:32   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_mustang View Post
i say sell it but only if u can upgrade to a comet or something bigger

dont go for the pulsars or apaches or r15 even
because u should upgrade to something better and bigger and not go down . im not saying these bikes are bad. what im saying is ull get bored of driving them since u have driven the comet.

else hold on when the real good things come like the baby ninja sell the zma and go for it.
Yes surly want to upgrade to a better bike,even if i have to wait for a while.So selling is a better move right?
Old 29th September 2008, 12:16   #8
BHPian

like i said sell if only u are sure of being able to afford something bigger
dont go for something smaller u will regret it.
Old 29th September 2008, 14:09   #9
BHPian

I were in your shoe, i 'd keep the ZMA for commuting / Touring / Mod (The mod can be a big bore 250cc kit comes for CRF230 ).

Dont go for FZ16 or R15. Do a proper upgrade.
Old 29th September 2008, 14:19   #10
Team-BHP Support

Since you don't really ride a lot does it matter what you ride.

Even if you go ahead and sell this bike and buy a new one. You are only getting a new bike that will stay and get old in the garage.

Try a lifestyle change over the next 6 months. Ride more and see how it feels.
If at the end you find that you have added 100 kms then keep this bike.
No upgrade of yours makes sense in biking terms. Maybe a style statement but nothing more than that.

If however you have added say 10k kms and the bug has got you. Decide do you want this bike itself as you have totally fallen in love with it. Or you want a bigger bike as you have fallen in love with the roads and destinations.

no offence intended.

Most Viewed