Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2008, 22:58   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bajaj Launches Platina DTS-Si !

@MODS : I tried searching on this topic, but found nothing. If any similar thread is found, then please lock this thread.

Bajaj has launched Platina 125cc DTS-Si. It is based on XCD. This means, that mostly the engine from XCD is now also available in Platina's chassis.
This move, IMO, is because they are not able to attract more customer in the 100cc segment. After the production of CT100 was stopped, they are losing in 100cc market. Now they have come up with this bike

Source: Bajaj Auto rolls out `Platina`

Article.

Quote:

Bajaj Auto, the country`s second largest motor bike manufacturer, started selling the Platina 125cc in a bid to gain market share from its biggest opponent, Hero Honda Motors, reports Business Standard.

This is the Pune-based company`s first among three new motorcycle offerings for the year, based on the patented DTS-Si technology. The 125cc bike, which is priced at Rs 39,000 (ex-showroom) is cheaper than India`s largest selling 100cc bike Hero Honda Splendor, which is priced at Rs 41,000.

The sales of Bajaj Auto in the five months ended August 31 dropped by 1% to 623,000 units as the company failed to enthuse customers.

It plans to launch newer models to retain customers. In contrast, Hero Honda sales grew about 20% to 1,446,000 units during the period. Hero Honda has been pushing sales in rural areas.

The Platina is based on the engine platform of the XCD 125, which was launched during the same period last year.
Caution: I tried to visit Bajaj's official website for more information, but instead I had to face a virus threat. I browsed to motorcycles and when I clicked on Platina, I faced this warning.

Here is the screen shot.
Bajaj Launches Platina DTS-Si !-virus-bajaj-auto-website.jpg

Last edited by aaggoswami : 26th September 2008 at 23:00.
Old 27th September 2008, 09:40   #2
BHPian

That's Windows acting funky I think. The website opens without any virus alerts for me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks