Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2008, 07:13   #1
c10
BHPian

Crash On Mysore Road.. :(

Hi,

I heard from a friend (a reliable source) that there was a MOTORBIKE crash on Mysore road & unfortunately 2 guys were killed..

Was also informed the villagers snatch the Keys of many Superbikes as well..

Here's a Copy paste from TOI..

"A rush of adrenaline, machines flying at a wild 130 kmph, a smooth tarmac - it is the dream of every youngster who wants to be the next Valentino Rossi. But these two young men paid with their lives for a fractional slip in concentration.

Naren Kumar and Varun, both 20, were cruising on their modified motorbikes on the Bangalore-Mysore Road, at around 6 am. Close to Banandur cross near Bidadi railway bridge, they overtook a lorry, and failed to see another lorry approaching from the opposite direction. Unable to control their vehicles, they rammed into the lorry and died on the spot. The racers were zipping towards a coffee outlet at Maddur, which has become a popular hang-out for Bangalore's young crowd..."

Last edited by c10 : 29th September 2008 at 07:27. Reason: More info found..
Old 29th September 2008, 07:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Just read in todays TOI. There is detailed article on drag racing.

Well, I am not surprised at all. These casulaities are bound to happen. I have personally witnessed this phenomenon on Mysore road and these unskilled college kids/riders knew only speed and no road sense. I saw couple of riders zooming through between two trucks.

Unless they carb themselves or the administration take some very hard steps, we will keep hearing such casualities in future as well.

Abhi
Old 29th September 2008, 08:34   #3
BHPian

Well, its no surprise and it was always on the cards. People need to use a highway as an highway and not as a racing circuit. What I don't understand how in the world does police stays a mute spectator to all these activities when every one seems to be aware of such drag races. It's a shame that kids with loads of money have no respect either for their life or for other people's life.
Old 29th September 2008, 08:41   #4
Team-BHP Support

The Maddur CCD is turning out to be dangerous place to visit, just because of the road.

Previous incident: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...mysore-rd.html
Old 29th September 2008, 08:50   #5
BHPian

I too heard about it yesterday and read about it TOI this morning. However, I was told there was one casuality(not two) and the rider use to join the super-bikes regularly with his Indian bike (Pulsar/Zma) . T-bhpians like blackrr or prabhuav who frequently ride on Sundays should be able to throw more light on this incident, IMO feel TOI adds too much masala.

IMO, I don't think the administration should put in any restrictions. It will be a bad blow for the biking fraternity at large. This is the only stretch where bikers can use their machines to their limit albeit should be done in a responsible manner. However, creating an awareness on responsible safe riding is important. This will reduce\avoid such incidents. There is a nice thread started by DKG wherein rules and issues of group riding are discussed. Most of us know these things but tend to forget or give in to our ego in a group riding exercise.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ty-issues.html
Old 29th September 2008, 09:18   #6
BHPian

Let me tell you more - I personally keep doing rounds to the MCD almost every weekend and these people behave like hooligans. They dont wear helmets, they make insinuating gestures, shout, whistle and weave as they pass you on the road at ridiculous speeds.... they are a risk not only to themselves but also to other bikers.

Its sad that the two young boys died but I hope its a wake up call to others who behave with such indifference on the highway.
Old 29th September 2008, 09:19   #7
Senior - BHPian

Umm no - thats not a good stretch for testing any kinds of limits - its a public road! Yes there are stretches where 3 digit speeds are possible - though the number of "interruptions" and low visibility curves means its rarely safe to do these beyond a couple of kilometers at a time.

Having said that - the article says it was a "lorry approaching from the opposite direction" - the drag race bit is speculation! Lousy reporting - highlights the completely wrong aspect of the incident. Very often, even at 60-80kmph, this can be fatal since you're not expecting traffic from the other direction. You just cannot blame the riders for this - whatever else they may have been doing.

Of course, as riders/drivers ourselves - we need to factor this in very consciously - the roads abound with morons trying to avoid going a km or so for a u-turn - and if you're dead it does not matter who's being blamed.

Sad loss of young lives yet again - may God give their families the strength to come through this period. Toughest for them.

Take care guys. Too many bike incidents around in the recent past.
Old 29th September 2008, 09:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

I partially agree with Santosh, restrictions have not helped a lot in history, education / awareness may help. project such incidences at CCD maddur, I would create awareness by posting these events at CCD maddur, telling them what happened to these so called "Rosis" and request them to behave sensibly if they can. I beleive Cops do have barricodes at every village along this road and that helps for sure.

I have had more than 4-5 rides along this road and that was with my group, we always ride in group and follow group riding practices and still you have to be very careful when it comes to riding on Indian highways. we normally take brakes at CCD maddur during our ongoing rides and most of the time we have observed the picture that someone explained above, on a typical weekend evenings (untill early mornings) you will see lots of youth showing off their cars with neons and super bikes.
Old 29th September 2008, 09:41   #9
Senior - BHPian

heh, CCD's and straight roads seem to be literally a killer combo. We at TVM seem to be having the same problem. There was this purrrfect straight, well maintained road, and since a CCD came up next to it, the same things have started there as well

More discussion :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...diar-road.html

Last edited by greenhorn : 29th September 2008 at 09:42.
Old 29th September 2008, 09:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

Thats too bad and too young to die :(
Poor parents.
I just returned from Mysore and I saw couple of accidents this time too, near Chennapatna. The municipal or civic bodies, what they can do? They put good roads and here are guys who mis-use those and lose their lives. If they are not putting good roads, then they are blamed as if they are not taking any action. So, whether they work or not, they get it i guess.
Old 29th September 2008, 10:04   #11

hi

Have done 3 trips on the Bangalore - Mysore road in my Esteem , Once to Corgi , Mysore and to Mudumalai . All the trips where done early morning . Was in the impression that the road is smooth and good . That's where i guess we riders are wrong . As some one said they are killer roads .We have to be more careful while riding on those roads . Have seen few accidents . I remember a car accident which had come in papers . 4 youngsters where going to same coffe shop and before Madur there is once sharp curve on the road . The accident happend when they did not notice the curve lack of proper reflecters and rammed the divider . I thing it was published in Times of india (2006 end ).
Old 29th September 2008, 10:08   #12
Senior - BHPian

I met prabhuav and he too told us about this. It is sad.
People should understand and stay within their limits.
feel sorry for their friends and family.
Old 29th September 2008, 10:49   #13
Senior - BHPian

Feel sorry that such an incident happened. However am completely againsnt the way the TOI seems to cover each incident, Drag Racing has just become a key word they use up their brownie points, was looking for the reporters name on the article and realized that they would not publish that either.

I am against street racing but at the same time against the apathy of the Indian government not to support motor racing as a sport so that it can at least be organized and take the death tolls off the street.
Old 29th September 2008, 10:49   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
IMO, I don't think the administration should put in any restrictions. It will be a bad blow for the biking fraternity at large. This is the only stretch where bikers can use their machines to their limit albeit should be done in a responsible manner.
Well, I don't agree with Santosh's opinion, simply because, a highway (that too Bangalore - Mysore) is not meant for any particular community of users to
push their machines to the limit.

First of all, people of this country are quite irresponsible as we all know that the actual accident has happened because someone was coming in the wrong side. With so many irresponsible people around, we need better administration to ensure that there is no loss of life.

Recently, couple of kids lost their life (in front of RMZ Ecospace) as one the trailer truck was left parked in the right lane without any warning as they truck ran out of Gas. This is heights of irresponsible behavior.

Here is my suggestion, request either HAL or Yelahanka or Jakkur to allow bikers to let loose their mean machines. Or push the state government to build a track for everyone to use.
Old 29th September 2008, 11:11   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Feel sorry that such an incident happened. However am completely againsnt the way the TOI seems to cover each incident, Drag Racing has just become a key word they use up their brownie points, was looking for the reporters name on the article and realized that they would not publish that either.

I am against street racing but at the same time against the apathy of the Indian government not to support motor racing as a sport so that it can at least be organized and take the death tolls off the street.
You are absolutely correct.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks