Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2008, 20:26   #1

haiku honda service station - is it so worst?

Hi All,
This is my second thread in this forum. I want to share my last month experience with haiku honda service station in bangalore. Though one of my friend (having activa honda) informed not to give at this service station, as they will simply wash it and give back, I was not having any other options as I always trusted authorized dealers.
Since I had fallen from my bike 2 months back, it was having 3 major problems
1. Handle bar bend ( any one can easily notice this ...so it was must to get it repaired )
2. Broken side mirror
3. side leg protective guard bend.
I clearly asked them to replace these parts with new one. The first shock for me was from the attender saying "Sir, we will replace them only if we have a spare available!!!!!!" . ( this is a authorized service station and they dont have mirror and hadle bar !! no way. lol )

He asked me to collect it after 3 days!!

But when I went after 3 days, a bill of 1200 rs was waiting for me. Then my bike came out.. A new handle with the same tilted angle!!! already scratched side mirror with no rubber covering for nut and bolt!!! and the same bent leg protective guard!!!

When I enquired, the answers I received from the service station manager are :
1. Sir, You asked for the handle bar change and we have done that!! ( they did not remove the bent!!)
2. Now a days the mirrors are coming with no rubber covering!!!
3. leg protective guard - sorry sir...there is no stock

It was 100% clear that, they have just washed my bike :-D

I had a very hot discussion with this service station manager and after half an hour the bike was handed over to one more mechanic and I asked to do it infront of me.

There comes the fun part.

1. He tried to remove the handle by holding the bike front wheel in his legs and tilting the handle. That worked a bit and he was satisfied with that ( who cares the owner satisfaction :-) )
2. He searched here and there and removed one more unicorn mirror (sorry for that vehicle owner) and took its rubber covering and installed it to my mirror !!!
3. He came with a hammer and tried to remove the leg support guard bent. the 3rd time it hit the chassis and I asked him to stop it right there as i dont wanted him to hit my bike engine with the big hammer!!!

When I came out, saw one more person arguing with the same manger for not painting his activa honda and charged for the paint work :-) so I felt, this is the daily story here, and started back to my house riding my unicorn by stretching my left hand a bit more than right (handle bar bent) :-)

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th October 2008 at 15:51. Reason: Smileys removed. Please take a look at the Team-BHP rules before continuing. Thanks.
bmshiv is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th October 2008, 01:44   #2
BHPian

You cannot really trust the authorised dealers. If you need a satisfactory job, you need to insist on the job being done in front of you. The only thing which matters to these service centers is how many bikes they delivered on a particular day. I suggest you go to a popular local garage and get the faults fixed in front of you. I ve been doing that for my bike for years now.

Btw, u need to see the posting rules buddy.
Old 5th October 2008, 01:54   #3
BHPian

Why wait ? log on to honda 2 wheelers website and tell them the details right now.You will get a call in 12 hours and the dealers approach will be very much different ,I have done this and yielded the results. And I have also worked in Honda Two Wheelers, so I Know what it is like, and guy did tell you the truth that the mirrors are not coming with the rubber covering.
Old 5th October 2008, 11:59   #4
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the forum shiv. Please go through this link

Team-BHP - Announcements in Forum : Announcements

Hope you have a pleasant stay here. Drive Safe !!
Old 6th October 2008, 00:19   #5
BHPian

sorry about your experience but a counter view is as below;

1. scooter handle bars unlike motorbike bars, have a bit of room to be adjusted the way the mechanic did
2. rubber grommets do not come anymore
3. yes, sometimes some parts are not available in stock at dealerships
4. how else do you expect a bend in any metal structure to be removed? hammer of course! or would you prefer heating up the piece with a blow torch and then tapping it perfect shape?

haiku honda delivers on most occasions and please contact hmsi and give them a chance to attend to you properly. the scooter they will attend to as usual. its you that they have not attended to!

try another dealer service center if you wish, but please AVOID a local garage. most local garages are good at talking to the customer but not at actually solving the issue with genuine parts. have you ever heard of ANY local garage appreciate any dealer service center? you have not am sure. cos how else would they get business?
Old 6th October 2008, 00:27   #6
BHPian

get hold of aditya of haiku and kick him .
Old 6th October 2008, 19:39   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
have you ever heard of ANY local garage appreciate any dealer service center? you have not am sure. ?

Hey buddy, I never said that the local garage mechanics try to bring the authorised service dealers down. Atleast not in the case of my mechanic. I ve always had a good experience with the local garage I go to. I ve been visiting him for the past 3 years. And based on my experience I suggested that its better to go to a local garage.
Old 6th October 2008, 20:27   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift8847 View Post
Hey buddy, I never said that the local garage mechanics try to bring the authorised service dealers down. Atleast not in the case of my mechanic. I ve always had a good experience with the local garage I go to. I ve been visiting him for the past 3 years. And based on my experience I suggested that its better to go to a local garage.
I agree. I had a Pulsar bought in 2004 which was ruined when given for servicing at a Bajaj service center but was serviced and tuned well at a local garage by a local mech. I have stopped trusting all service centers since.
Old 6th October 2008, 20:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

This is exactly the reason I stopped giving my Activa after the 2nd service to the Authorised service centers. The next alternative I found was the Castrol Bike zone. They do a decent job.
Old 6th October 2008, 22:08   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift8847 View Post

i see your point. but if you say we are not to trust any authorised dealer then why do manufacturers retain them in 100s all over the country despite the general lack of trust by the customer? they might as well give authorization to the local mechanics where there is trust.
Old 8th October 2008, 21:55   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Hmm, I don't think a knee-jerk reaction of "I don't trust any service centers" would really help - you will avoid bad service centers, but you might also miss out the good ones.

A good or bad service center is really decided by the service manager. Case in point - myself. I bought my Kinetic at Sai Auto, Airport Road. Pathetic service center, and I think at times they only washed it and handed it over. No surprise that they went out of business.

I tried a couple of other centers, before settling on DR Motors, Banashankari. These guys are fantastic - every time I get my vehicle back from a service, it feels like a brand new vehicle. I also realized that I always get back all the fuel I send with my vehicle... unlike some chaps who drain it to nearly the last drop. Very professional and responsive front-desk, and their pickup/drop off costs only 150.

Both were authorized service stations, but each gave diametrically opposite satisfaction.

Ask around among other Honda owners for good stations (I'll also check and post here if I come to know of any).

I believe that if you want hassle-free servicing, a good authorized service station is the way to go. If you want specific tuning / customization, then a good local mechanic is your best bet.

My two cents.
Old 13th October 2008, 14:35   #12
NitinGirish

I agree with HollywoodHogan. NEVER give your bike to local garage. Yeah, finding a reliable service center can be a pain, but in the long run its always prudent to dependent on them. I have a 86' model RX100, serviced ONLY by authorized service centres (actually only two service managers). Its in perfect shape.

Old 13th October 2008, 19:50   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmshiv View Post
Hi All,
Tharged for the paint work :-) so I felt, this is the daily story here, and started back to my house riding my unicorn by stretching my left hand a bit more than right (handle bar bent) :-)
Hi i just wanted to tell you riding a bike with uneven handle bars is not only risky dangerous but also may give rise to shoulder and back problem s in the long run So do change the honda dealership and the handle bar if reuired
Regards
SaAJan
Old 5th November 2008, 14:47   #14
BHPian

My Experiance

Hi Guys!,

I have 1-Yr Old New Unicorn black with alloy-wheels. i had given to haiku honda for Free service....

i think they just washed and gave my vehicle back.....
also, they have put defective front brake disc-pad and given it to me. and told me that it is honda norm to replace pads after 8k kms....
i beg to differ.....:(

another authorised useless service centre......

if bike manufacturers find expensive to maintain these service centres...why give such pathetic service to end customers...

why dont bike manufacturers reduce no. of free services or increase paid service cost....

what a shame...
Old 7th August 2009, 15:39   #15
BHPian

I agree with Hollywoodhoogan. Local dealers are good at temporary low cost fixes. Most of the time you will end up with some other problem later, due to these low cost fixes. Service stations on the other hand, have strict processes to be followed. So you will definitely get a much better quality solution. However good and bad service stations both exist and you need to search for the good one. The time and effort spent to find a good one is worth it. I have tried both local garage and service stations. Immediately after the fix from a local garage, you feel great, that you got the fix done at a much low price and at your convenience, but the joy is short lived. I remember doing a minor A/C repair from a local garage and later had to refill the gas only 2 weeks later. (Final cost after this was more than what I would have spent, if done in a service station)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks