Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2008, 16:28   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
For a vareity of reasons I have selected Bullet 350 Std.

After reading this thread, I had cancelled Bullet Electra from my list of options. And narrowed down choice between Kinetic Blaze and FZ16. But after some research into these two models I found out that neither was the top-end model in their stable. Kinetic had a 250 cc Jupiter (which would outshine the Blaze when launched) and Yamaha had a host of other options.
Thus I went with the manufacturer who basically marketed the same model worldwide. Now this is what I am going to go for come hell or high water.

p.s. .. and thus my tryst with mechanics begins ...
@lurker : even the 350 std is not the 'top-end' of the Royal Enfield Stable.
Old 21st October 2008, 16:39   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
@lurker : even the 350 std is not the 'top-end' of the Royal Enfield Stable.
yes, but it will be a 'new' classic within two years.
Old 21st October 2008, 17:07   #168
Senior - BHPian

So, do we come to the conclusion that this "new" Enfield is not really worth it?

IMO, as I stated earlier - I thinks its better of you go for an old 500 Bull, and mod it for <50K to make it look like this.
Old 21st October 2008, 18:07   #169
Senior - BHPian

Good evening gentlemen

This is my very first post on team-bhp. A warm hello to all. Coming to the query i have in mind,
I have hearing a lot about the C.I engined bulls being phased out.
It would be very helpful if somebody out here can tell me when exactly the C.Is would be phased out.
This is because i have just begun working and I intend to buy an Electra 5S in January 2009. Please guide me.
Regards,
Jay
Old 21st October 2008, 19:18   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
It would be very helpful if somebody out here can tell me when exactly the C.Is would be phased out.
This is because i have just begun working and I intend to buy an Electra 5S in January 2009. Please guide me.
Regards,
Jay
Jay,

You still can make it in Jan 2009. Keep following the product at Royal Enfield | Royal Enfield

Dwarak
Old 21st October 2008, 19:28   #171
Senior - BHPian

Thanks

@dwaraka
Thanks. I'l keep an eye out for it. It is going to be my first motorcycle.

I have chosen the electra 5S over the thunderbird twinspark simply because of it's classic "bullet" appeal and although i have been hearing about the numerous quality issues plaguing the bull, I'm willing to get my hands dirty to maintain my bull in ship shape.

@everyone on the Bullet Classic thread
Quoting an auto journo "There aren't too many motorcycles around that can be termed a classic just as you ride out of the showroom".
Old 21st October 2008, 22:06   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
This is my very first post on team-bhp. A warm hello to all. Coming to the query i have in mind,
Regards,
Jay
2010 will be the year that the CI will have to phased out. so no rush or haste till then.
Old 21st October 2008, 22:50   #173
BHPian

one hell of a Bull this bike is. Is it a limited edition or something?
Old 22nd October 2008, 07:55   #174
Senior - BHPian

One thing that this thread proves is that BULLET owners are one helluva stubborn lot. They will go to their grave defending their bike.

Wonder how it was in the olden days? There were 3 choices. The BULLET, the YEZDI and the RAJDOOT. The RAJDOOT was for the aam junta, the YEZDI for the angry young man and the BULLET for the rajas. It was always a niche bike that everyone could not afford. The most common thing i've heard about the BULLET is that a PREMIER PADMINI and a BULLET cost almost the same to maintain!
Old 22nd October 2008, 08:52   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
For a vareity of reasons I have selected Bullet 350 Std.

After reading this thread, I had cancelled Bullet Electra from my list of options. And narrowed down choice between Kinetic Blaze and FZ16. But after some research into these two models I found out that neither was the top-end model in their stable. Kinetic had a 250 cc Jupiter (which would outshine the Blaze when launched) and Yamaha had a host of other options.
Thus I went with the manufacturer who basically marketed the same model worldwide. Now this is what I am going to go for come hell or high water.

p.s. .. and thus my tryst with mechanics begins ...

so, you are going for the STD 350.
way to go lurker!! cheers:
Old 22nd October 2008, 10:46   #176
BHPian

Well i have owned or ridden all the models from the RE stable namely the Citibike 500 (Lightening) the 500 CI Kick, the 500CI ES, Electra Es, the Std350, AVL350, but if u ask a true blue Bullet lover he will alsways say that the Orignal Bullet is the Std 350, and now that RE is fitting the Std350s with the Heavy crank so it has the famous heavy thump back on it.
Old 22nd October 2008, 16:40   #177
Senior - BHPian

Got my TBTS over a month ago. I would have waited for this, But I never got a clue about this macho earlier.
Its amazing!
Old 23rd October 2008, 09:16   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
and now that RE is fitting the Std350s with the Heavy crank so it has the famous heavy thump back on it.
Where did you get that information mate? I'm dying to have a heavy crank fitted onto my bike, if it is available as a genuine RE accessory then it would be simply awesome to have one

And by the way, there is this small boy near my home, he calls every bike a bike, but when he sees a BULLET, he calls it a bull!

Last edited by TheARUN : 23rd October 2008 at 09:17. Reason: addition of words
Old 23rd October 2008, 09:21   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Got my TBTS over a month ago. I would have waited for this, But I never got a clue about this macho earlier.
Its amazing!
I'm reading this for the second time. There was a guy who bought a TB a few years ago. In those times, the TB was available in only kick start version. The guy wanted self start. He was a Chennai guy, so he went up to the factory gates even and enquired, everyone said that the TB could not be made with self start, then lo and behold, 2 months after he purchased the bike, the TB was launched with self-start. Poor dude, forgave RE and all and went to the dealer with 5000 bucks to get a self starter fitted onto his bike, but the dealer to his amazement, gave the guy a quotation of 25,000 to convert his bike to self-start; the reason being, the whole engine casing had to be changed

Now he feels so bad when he is at the traffic lights and has to keep his bike running when every other BULLET switches off and thumbs up when the lights turn green
Old 23rd October 2008, 10:53   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Now he feels so bad when he is at the traffic lights and has to keep his bike running when every other BULLET switches off and thumbs up when the lights turn green
Hi TheArun,

I have a 500 Classic with self starter. I always prefer to start the vehicle with kickstart instead of self starter. My wife says, do not start the bullet with self starter at least before me. She says bullet need to be started by kicking.

Dwarak

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks