Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2009, 22:42   #421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
There was no kick present and it had the standard silencer and not much difference in exhaust note compared to CI bullet.
Beautiful!!! Now this is sweet, has RE found a way to get the CI thump on UCE?

She looks amazing. I am also surely going to get one. I kinda like this color on the classic
Old 27th October 2009, 22:51   #422
BHPian

Just watch this video, the sound is much better than I expected, the silencer in this video is different from the one shown in the picture though.

Old 27th October 2009, 23:00   #423
Senior - BHPian

She calls the sound a 'purr'.

:|

Blasphemous.

Now the only thing that goes against it is the size. Why did it have to be so small?

:(

Any idea what silencer the guy is using?

Check out this one as well.

Last edited by EssYouWe : 27th October 2009 at 23:03. Reason: Added link to a video
Old 27th October 2009, 23:12   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Now the only thing that goes against it is the size. Why did it have to be so small?
The bike looks so tiny, the guy driving is 6 foot 1 inch tall, I am 6foot 3 inches tall, I cannot imagine me driving this bike. I was very much in the market for a Classic 500, Now I have to be happy with the TBTS. I need a bike quickly and cannot wait for the electra UCE

Last edited by cruiser_1982 : 27th October 2009 at 23:31.
Old 27th October 2009, 23:12   #425
BHPian

WoW. She's a beauty. Now i am thinking of selling my Electra 5S and go for a Classic 350. Any idea about the OTR price guys?
Old 27th October 2009, 23:25   #426
Senior - BHPian

@Streetrage

We'll find out come 4th of November.

From what Randhawa told us, the 500 would be pegged at around 1.35 plus tax and the 350 for 80-90k plus tax. So that lands the 350 in the range of the TBTS.

@Cruiser

Do wait for its launch. IMO give it a try. The bike really is classic. The TBTS does not compare on the looks end. But thats my two cents.
Old 27th October 2009, 23:42   #427
Senior - BHPian

The bike looks great. The sound is better than AVL and not as good as CI.

But it looks small for a tall guy. I am 6' 2" tall.

@Cruiser - I think even the TB will be small for you. The legs would be pointing upwards. The best choice for your height would be Machismo or Electra.
Old 28th October 2009, 00:12   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Man!!! She looks gorgeous.

Lucky Randhawa, I am happy you got a test ride and also Congratulations on the booking.

Looking forward eagerly to hear about the actual pricing. Because knowing RE and considering their pricing with existing models I really doubt if even the Classic 350 will be anywhere below 1L.

Well, will let the time do the talking now.

Thanks mate, I just hope the price does not go beyond 1L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruncheloor View Post
Cool. wot tyres are those? i suspect its different from wot we saw on the Classic500. The front tyre seems like a normal ribbed one. is it?
Its a 19 inch though but yes it's ribbed. The one on the 500 was different and better looking but smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Phatte chak te majhail ne!
(Please excuse the Punjabi)

Congrats bro! Super excited. I have to get one.

How did the 350 feel in terms of power?

How will it perform on the highway?

PS:Lemme know if you ever hit Delhi on the RE.
Aho babeyo jatt di grrari add gaye te bus chak te phatte. Let me get my hands on it first then I'll let you know when I will come to Delhi.

Well to be honest from my heart without getting entangled into the web of Enfield (thump) lovers debate. I wanted to buy the RE CI Electra for a very simple reason, its a crude and outdated machinery with a soul. While I was aware of all its negative by default. Still I wanted one and tried the new Electra which still is a CI but again something is missing from it. Compared it to 2 generation Electra which came out in late 2002.

Although nothing much has changed from the looks of it except the ES and D brakes. But it's not the same as 2nd generation earlier models. I felt the new ones are more lighter and a bit refined to my liking. The thump is still there but just not the same. I am not talking about the thump from the exhaust but the one you feel while cruising at low speeds and ever stroke or the explosion is felt through your body. Assurance of every thing is great. May be the crank is lighter in the new models.

AVL was out of question as I just didn't like the old style rear fender, too much of chrome on the tank and I just hate the looks of the AVL engine. Plus the extra noise from the head. In the old Bullets, you could hardly hear the tappets on idle except the very low deep thump.

Now coming down to the test drive. There is hardly any difference between the TBTS and Classic 350 in terms of power. Finding neutral is still a problem. But the power delivery is sweet and the throttle response is crisp. Which I liked and I felt not much of difference between the Electra and Classic engine although they are World's apart. I was looking for the soul in the engine and yes it's there. The bike felt light and the seating position was just fine for me(5.8). I did found the front brake to be really hard a bit odd for a disk brake. I did not get to drive long distance so unable to comment on suspension, gearing and composure of the bike on the road. Once I get it in my hands then I will do a detailed review on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taj View Post
Congrats Randhawa, waiting for your first ride report. I had no patience to wait till Nov 4 (and the long waiting period after the booking) so brought my TBTS on Oct 20, but no regrets enjoying it to the fullest. But i agree by looks , the classic 350 is miles ahead of TBTS, by engine its all the same(to my understanding), both UCE carb.
Thanks mate. I dont think I will be able to sleep tonight I just feel a teenager again. How I am going to wait for another 2 weeks is beyond my imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
Beautiful!!! Now this is sweet, has RE found a way to get the CI thump on UCE?

She looks amazing. I am also surely going to get one. I kinda like this color on the classic
The thump on the video's posted above is totally different from the real one and yes it has retained the old melody to a large extent.
Old 28th October 2009, 11:51   #429
BHPian

Just came back from RE dealer after enquiring about my Std. 350. He showed me his delivery schedule from RE and has 20 bikes lined for next week. and 19 of them were 500CC and 1 was 350cc, they all have been booked, and he said that demand is much higher. He said it would be around Rs.1 lac for 350 (which is quite believable, because its not going lower than TB for sure, and TB is around 98k in Delhi) and the 500cc would be around 1.3k.
Old 28th October 2009, 11:57   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
@Cruiser - I think even the TB will be small for you. The legs would be pointing upwards. The best choice for your height would be Machismo or Electra.
But I do not have any choice right now. I don't want the LB engine for sure, as it is getting discontinued next year april. I am not in a position to wait for Electra UCE launch also, as I need the bike quite urgently. From what I heard from the sales people, there are no more Machismo models. Classic is replacing the Machismo range.
Old 28th October 2009, 12:29   #431
Senior - BHPian

@Cruiser- Just wait till 4 Nov at least. The bike in the you tube has 18 inch wheels and the ones we going to get in India will be 19 inch so it will be higher .
Old 28th October 2009, 12:36   #432
Senior - BHPian

Are you sure?

That is great news!

Shan2129 said it was smaller than expected. That has soured it for a lot of people IMO.

Any pics of a person sitting on it possible paaji?
Old 28th October 2009, 12:53   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
@Cruiser- Just wait till 4 Nov at least. The bike in the you tube has 18 inch wheels and the ones we going to get in India will be 19 inch so it will be higher .
I have decided to wait anyways, Launch is just a week away.
Old 28th October 2009, 13:09   #434
BHPian

Hi guys !

I am 6'2" as well , Its definately smaller than LB500 ( machismo ) the ride height almost like the CI350 ( that i have ) , but when you sit on it, it feels a bit smaller like a bit dwarfed ? maybe
Old 28th October 2009, 13:18   #435
Senior - BHPian

Oye! You aren't 6'2". Kahaan se!

Or maybe I didn't notice with Navpreet standing with you! He is seempli huge.

By the way, the wheels were 19"?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks