Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2009, 20:26   #631
BHPian

One difference is the tyres.The tyres on the export version are avon whereas the Indian version has MRF zapper.

The Indian one has a saree guard too.
Old 8th November 2009, 20:43   #632
Senior - BHPian

@Rollin' Thunda

An ownership report would be mighty helpful bro!

@Bhasma

The Zappers aren't all that bad. The saree guard is removable.
Old 8th November 2009, 20:57   #633
Senior - BHPian

Arre essyouwe just buy the 500 man!

why are you thinking so much.you wanna cruise at 60-70 even then you'll like it when you've got that extra power for a once in a blue moon acceleration.who doesn't want more power if possible.
About the oil leak.its just 2 drops man.just top it up once a month at max and your problem will be solved.remember its a RE.its an experience that no other indian bike can give.so be prepared for a little hard work for that.

And give yourself a break man.you're getting too paranoid and thinking too much about buying the bike.
Just decide if you want an RE then go tomorrow to the showroom.see which colour touches your heart then and there and book and have no 2nd thoughts about it.

and book the 500.not the 350.why? coz when you're paying for an experience then why not get the best one.
Old 8th November 2009, 21:59   #634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Arre essyouwe just buy the 500 man!

why are you thinking so much.you wanna cruise at 60-70 even then you'll like it when you've got that extra power for a once in a blue moon acceleration.who doesn't want more power if possible.
About the oil leak.its just 2 drops man.just top it up once a month at max and your problem will be solved.remember its a RE.its an experience that no other indian bike can give.so be prepared for a little hard work for that.

And give yourself a break man.you're getting too paranoid and thinking too much about buying the bike.
Just decide if you want an RE then go tomorrow to the showroom.see which colour touches your heart then and there and book and have no 2nd thoughts about it.

and book the 500.not the 350.why? coz when you're paying for an experience then why not get the best one.
Yeah. You got me convinced and all fired up!

My exams end in December and I'll just go and get one.

Thanks!

Old 8th November 2009, 22:14   #635
BHPian

My Standard 350 was Delivered today, and I am on sky nine. However here are couple of pics I clicked today of the classic. I guess this colour is not yet announced. This one came in today only.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Classic 350 / 500 - Now on Sale-08112009.jpg  

Royal Enfield Classic 350 / 500 - Now on Sale-08112009001.jpg  

Old 8th November 2009, 22:27   #636
BHPian

Shashank, Congrats boss! Two bullets that too in such a short interval, I guess you are on cloud nine!
Nobody s seen that color before!
Old 8th November 2009, 22:44   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
@Rollin' Thunda

An ownership report would be mighty helpful bro!
I'll give one after I complete 10,000 km ( I have already done nearly 8000km). But in the context of the present discussion let me just make this point:

The older bullets were powerful but you rarely saw anyone riding one at 80+ kmph. They were loved because they were regal and stately.

The TBTS and the new Classic machines are powerful and FAST. You can easily take the TBTS past 100, and the Classic 500 to 120 kmph (I believe). But can you stop them if an emergency situation arises? My experience with the TBTS is that it is very easy (in a panic) to lock the front wheel with the powerful disc brake. If the front wheel locks you are going to CRASH. Until RE puts in ABS for their most powerful bikes, I would advise caution in buying them.

The Classic 500 seems a great machine for the West, where there roads are always great and the traffic is disciplined, but in India when a 8-inch deep and 3-foot wide pothole may suddenly appear on a perfectly good road, or car can come at you the wrong way up an one-way street, or a biker can suddenly make a U-turn, or a buffalo may be in the middle of the road on a dark night, be careful how much speed you wish for.

Anyway, whatever you buy, you are right in insisting on good protective gear. To the usual list, I would include a good pair of heavy boots, which protected me (twice) from a broken ankle.
Old 8th November 2009, 22:48   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_m5_titus View Post
Shashank, Congrats boss! Two bullets that too in such a short interval, I guess you are on cloud nine!
Nobody s seen that color before!
Thanks Titus bhai. Earlier one was Machismo, though a stunner but not my cup of tea. My philosophy says that if I want something that looks old/new from outside, then it should be same from inside. Otherwise I feel like a poser or wannabe.

I have not seen this color too, neither on the RE site, or here on the forum, that is why I clicked these pics. Btw, its is generating great response, many young lads and even couples were there, admiring the bike, and they all seem to be in awe.
Old 8th November 2009, 22:53   #639
BHPian

Wow Shashank, shez very beautiful. The color is there in the RE website.

Pls do post a detailed test report and more pics of the beauty
Old 8th November 2009, 23:47   #640
Senior - BHPian

@Rahul

Shashank bought a STD. 350. Not a classic. He just clicked this pic when he was at the showroom.

@Shashank

Any idea whats the waiting period for the Classic in Delhi?
Old 8th November 2009, 23:47   #641
BHPian

Guys, got a question!
I think I read on the RE site that the UCE engines also need 2,75 litres of engine oil. True?
If yes, why so much quantity?
I mean after they shifted to UCE, why does it require so much oil. For that matter our 220cc bikes have 1 to 1.2 litre engine oil requirement only.
Old 8th November 2009, 23:56   #642
Senior - BHPian

IIRC the UCE has its gearbox awash in oil. Instead of it being injected, a good amount of quantity is in it already.

It provides better lubrication and more effective cooling.
Old 9th November 2009, 06:33   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
here are couple of pics I clicked today of the classic. I guess this colour is not yet announced.
Thats the classic 350 which is available in silver.Silver is exclusive to the 350 and green to the 500.
Old 9th November 2009, 07:44   #644
BHPian

Essyouwe, Yes its wet sump. But so are the Karizmas and p220s. They require only 1-1.2litres of oil while the 350UCE requires 2.75litres( 2.7x more oil for 1.7x diff in cc), an amount similar to the older Bullets. Why is so much oil required in this new engine too?
Old 9th November 2009, 08:14   #645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' Thunda View Post

In the meanwhile, I put in a half-liter of motor oil for every two liters of petrol...
Are you serious?

Cheers,

Jay

Most Viewed